PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 gears up for 1080p video on demand, Twitter and Facebook access

iLOVENZB
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_TFUOBK99wRNsM:http://fashionlifecrew.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/ps3-vs-xbox360.jpgXbox 360 gears up for 1080p video on demand, Twitter and Facebook access
13/11/2009 16:25:00

" The Xbox 360 is set to get a home entertainment revamp next week that will help it compete with Sony's PlayStation 3. Along with Twitter and Facebook integration, the games console is set to get access to a 1080p Full HD video-on-demand service, with more than 100 movie titles available at launch.

Australian Xbox 360 owners have long been disadvantaged compared to US owners, who have access to NetFlix and Amazon Video on Demand through their Internet-connected consoles. The Australian service, which is set to be launched on 17 November, allows access to over 100 movie titles with more to be added in the future.

The streaming video service can deliver movies both in standard-definition, requiring around 1GB of data per movie, and in high definition — with significantly increased bandwidth and data requirements. Users are required to sign up for a $99 Xbox Live Gold account to access the service.

In addition, the 17 November updates will bring Twitter and Facebook access to Xbox Live. Using the console's gamepad and an on-screen keyboard users will be able to post updates and view tweets and information from friends — bringing the Xbox 360 into line with the PlayStation 3, which has offered a functional Web browser since launch.

These added features come as Microsoft attempts to increase consumer interest in the console in the Christmas lead-up period, alongside wide-sweeping Xbox Live bans for hacked games consoles. The Xbox 360 console is almost four years old — it was launched on 22 November, 2005, in the US and came to Australia on 23 March, 2006. "

:source: Source: Xbox 360 gears up for 1080p video on demand, Twitter and Facebook access (http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/326208/xbox_360_gears_up_1080p_video_demand_twitter_facebook_a)

jimmyg123
12-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Wow thats great i have xbox360 and PS3. I use the ps3 more because of the 1080p, mostly because i watch alot of bluray movies, since xbox360 is coming out with 1080p, there will be no need for ps3 first of all i feel the game play on 360 is better than ps3. that's crazy thanks for the info on that ILOVENZB

Sanka113
12-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Even with the 1080p I don't think the digital downloads will cut into blu-ray. Hard drive space and bandwidth need to become better and cheaper before it can challenge that type of physical media.

pone44
12-05-2009, 03:03 AM
I have been thinking about buying a Xbox360 but then I think about the PS3 that has a built in blue ray player, a good selection of games, which is a better game console overall? Xbox is competing and maybe outselling PS3.? Is the resolution full 1080p (games, not the blue ray player)when playing PS3 or Xbox360 games? Have not been into video games for years besides the Nintendo Wii. I do not like the selection of games, mostly for kids.

Sanka113
12-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Basically, you'll have to ask yourself how much gaming you are going to do. If it's alot then the 360, or a bit then PS3. The Ps3 is more expensive out of the box but 360 evens out with you having to buy a wifiadapter plus membership fee for online multiplayer. The 360 is the better gaming console, especially if you are into multiplayer. The PS3 is the better entertainment device and value. With the PS3 you get free (although more basic) multiplayer, and a built in wifi adapter. A big plus with the 360, is you can play "backups" of games on it. If you can afford it I'd go with both. Use the Ps3 for blurays and legit copies of games, and use the 360 for single player games. You can play burned 360 games on Live (xbox's multiplayer) but at this time it's a huge risk. The reason I said both is because used 360's can be bought for just north of $120 USD. If you flash the 360 and factor in the cost of 3 new Ps3 games it'll pay for itself.

dette
12-06-2009, 08:35 AM
I have been thinking about buying a Xbox360 but then I think about the PS3 that has a built in blue ray player, a good selection of games, which is a better game console overall? Xbox is competing and maybe outselling PS3.? Is the resolution full 1080p (games, not the blue ray player)when playing PS3 or Xbox360 games? Have not been into video games for years besides the Nintendo Wii. I do not like the selection of games, mostly for kids.

I am also debating on this :(.
Do I want Xbox for Live and for the ability to burn games.
Or do I want PS3 for free Multi player and all the extra feature (blu ray, streaming HD movies from my comp, browser, other os,) and what not..
I do like the feel of the Xbox controller better too