sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/24267

j2k4
11-15-2009, 05:37 AM
Pacquiao knocks out Cotto in the 12th.

Manny is a friggin' beast.

Albo Da Kid
11-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Oh LAWD that was painful to watch.

Props to cotto for showing hart, lasting till the 12th and making the fight the best event of the year and worth remembering

Also props to paq for being the barbarian that he is

JPaul
11-15-2009, 03:27 PM
That should have been stopped earlier.

Wonder if Cotto will call it quits now.

j2k4
11-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I think he should - he's been shown now to have persistent holes in his game apart from the psychological damage of having been destroyed twice by better fighters.

His problem is he's too good not to be left with superior fighters as his only option, so if he's not counseled to quit now, he may decide he can learn how to beat those who've thrashed him.

Btw-

Did you see Hatton's latest blather...I think he's been dain-bramaged.

Albo Da Kid
11-15-2009, 05:01 PM
he's been shown now to have persistent holes in his game apart from the psychological damage of having been destroyed twice by better fighters.

That's what you get when you're hyped up to the point where you get to fight fighters out of your league

Villalltheway
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
There is no point in the pac man or mayweather fighting anyone else now, they should now just set the date.

Albo Da Kid
11-15-2009, 05:46 PM
It's too risky for Floyd. He'll never go for it. He'll probably go back to retirement and wait until somebody else makes Manny look bad so he can say that Manny was never a real threat to his skills in the first place

Floyd's a chicken

j2k4
11-16-2009, 01:00 AM
he's been shown now to have persistent holes in his game apart from the psychological damage of having been destroyed twice by better fighters.

That's what you get when you're hyped up to the point where you get to fight fighters out of your league

Yes, but Cotto is by-and-large better then the rest, and there is (was) money to be made, especially with all the class-jumping going on.

It's too risky for Floyd. He'll never go for it. He'll probably go back to retirement and wait until somebody else makes Manny look bad so he can say that Manny was never a real threat to his skills in the first place

Floyd's a chicken

True enough, but while Manny has occasionally been less-than-sterling against lesser opponents, what Mayweather says and what the boxing public chooses to think are two different things.

Fight him or retire (again), Floyd.

Frankthetank1
11-16-2009, 02:17 AM
why tell people who won?

callum
11-16-2009, 03:02 AM
why tell people who won?

This is a thread about a sports event, the result is obviously going to be a part of it.

j2k4
11-16-2009, 10:46 AM
why tell people who won?

Is that a joke.

brotherdoobie
11-16-2009, 01:15 PM

Indeed.

-doobs

Albo Da Kid
11-17-2009, 01:30 AM
(USATODAY) Negotiations will Start In the Next 24 Hours to arrange Mayweather vs Pac

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327707

pone44
11-17-2009, 01:50 AM
I think Maywhether would win by decision if they fought. He will not knock Pacquiao out. If he fights like he used to then I can't see Pacquiao knocking out or out boxing Floyd. As greedy and cautious as Maywether is being, is more about the money. They will throwdown. Bet it. Pac man is a beast but Maywether is one of the best counter punchers in boxing. Would be a great fight.

Albo Da Kid
11-17-2009, 03:04 AM
Yea you got it exactly right. I also don't think Mayweather will be able to knock paq out and I have a feeling that Paq will be outboxed if he decided to make it a boxing match.
Mayweather is very very hard to knock out because of his defensive skills but we have seen that he can be beat if enough pressure is put on him (the Judah and Castillo fight) so the only way Paq would be able to beat him is by showing tremendous workrate and by tagging him with fast punches and moving out so he doesn't get counter-punched

This is an easier fight for Myweather but If Paq gives it everything he's got and plays his cards right, he can win.

Frankthetank1
11-17-2009, 05:30 AM
the thread was asking for a link to the fight not the results thanks for ruining it for me and others.

JPaul
11-19-2009, 09:07 PM
why tell people who won?

Don't be an arse, you posted that long after the fight was finished and it was obvious that when the fight was over someone would post the result. Quite often people post about it while it is going on. How could you possibly think no-one would post how it finished. The thread wasn't about a link, it was about the fight, hence the title "Pacquiao vs Cotto"