PDA

View Full Version : 6 Feet Under

littlestevee
10-10-2003, 07:09 PM
I've dl a few copies of the following 6 feet under eps and none work..

Season 3 Episode 2
Season 3 Episode 3

Thanks for any help!

Meehowski
10-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Meet me on K-Lite!!

I love that show.......... :ph34r:

neuzgrouper
10-19-2003, 08:21 PM
hey man - I had,. at one point downloaded every episode of that show, and had the prob. Some episodes would not work I figured out that if you use different media players, you can get them to wwork. The media players I used are

WMP 9
MP2 (It is in the same folder as the newer version of Media Player on your system if you have Win ME or higher. It is called "MPlayer2.exe" you can just drag fiels onto it, or onto a shortcut to it, and it will open them.

And the Quicktime alternative that comes with the K-lite Codec pack.

Sone SFU episodes would only open in one of those, but there was an episode that completely froze in the only one it opened in. I figured out that you have to close the media player, reopen the file in that media player, then drag the slider to a point in the movie a little past where the freeze is BEFORE it gets to the freeze.

That is what happened for me, anyway.

and while I am at it....SFU is, in my opinion, one of the best shows if not the best show on TV.

muchspl2
10-19-2003, 08:23 PM
DO NOT GET THE LASTEST VERSION OF WMP
once you get wmp9, you can't get rid of it PLUS it has DRM

what the hell is drm you ask
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/drm.aspx

ohh well I'll just un-install it if its so bad

you can't, there is no un-install of wmp9
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-957704.html

from the link:
Windows Me and XP users must rely on a feature called "System Restore" to roll back their Windows installation to a time before they installed Media Player 9 Series if the want to uninstall it. The clunky alternative doesn't really remove all Windows Media Player 9 Series files and could potentially wipe out other system changes.

just play it in videolan or bsplayer

neuzgrouper
10-20-2003, 06:06 AM
My mistake, I meant WMP 8, the one that comes with XP

neuzgrouper
10-20-2003, 06:08 AM
thx for the info on MP9, tho! friggin Microsoft, trying to make it sound like we want them to mange our shit....

silent VI
10-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Meet me on K-Lite!!

I love that show..........

wtf

I've dl a few copies of the following 6 feet under eps and none work..

Season 3 Episode 2
Season 3 Episode 3

Thanks for any help!

mabey im wrong but arnt you sapposed to post requsts for movies/tv here not this file wont play :rolleyes: jkjk jsut being an ass its prob like stated abouve the media player your using mabey its you codec or mabey you should *ahhem* BE MORE SPACIFIC ABOUT YOU PROBLEM ;) non work geeeeeee post somthin more helpful like im only getting audio theres only a black screen only colours are being displayed are any erroe messeges popin gup ;) and you might find a lot more help postin somewhere else than movie/tv requists (and be more spassific)

DO NOT GET THE LASTEST VERSION OF WMP
once you get wmp9, you can't get rid of it PLUS it has DRM

what the hell is drm you ask
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/drm.aspx

ohh well I'll just un-install it if its so bad

F*ck me are is this seriouse i just installed like a lil while ago (piece of sh*t changes all file icons so that they look the same cant the no uninstall be solved by add/remove programs im gonn atest it out :( i want my old WMP back

muchspl2
10-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@20 October 2003 - 14:48
cant the no uninstall be solved by add/remove programs im gonn atest it out :( i want my old WMP back
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-957704.html

from the link:
Windows Me and XP users must rely on a feature called "System Restore" to roll back their Windows installation to a time before they installed Media Player 9 Series if the want to uninstall it. The clunky alternative doesn't really remove all Windows Media Player 9 Series files and could potentially wipe out other system changes.

what part of what I posted did you not understand?

silent VI
10-20-2003, 05:07 PM
what part of what I posted did you not understand?

i understood it perfectly so STFU

in your link it states:Microsoft&#39;s latest media software doesn&#39;t include a mechanism for uninstalling the software on Windows Millennium Edition (Me) or Windows XP operating system. right ? <_< well its not on 98se either but like i stated ealier to use add remove program wich worked just fine for me :)

muchspl2
10-20-2003, 05:11 PM
whatever dude :rolleyes:

ahctlucabbuS
10-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Well you could allways reinstall Windows :P :rolleyes:

As for Six Feet Under, I agree that it´s one of the best shows I´ve seen in a long time. I got hooked after watching the first episode a while back so I´ve now finished all the episodes there is, and awaiting season 4 ;)

And yea I had some problems with 1 or 2 files where the film would play jerky, so I downloaded a different rip.