PDA

View Full Version : Any Newzbin invites please?

sheff_soldier
11-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has a newzbin invite available? I really want to get on but know nobody who uses it.

Much appreciated.

iLOVENZB
11-16-2009, 12:19 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-newsgroups-79/t-trying-get-newzbin-ask-here-309546

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=5102853

There are better free alternatives - FST (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/nzb-index/) for example. Posts are usually indexed instantly.

dette
11-22-2009, 11:34 PM
But FST's NZB index has a really terrible retention which is my problem with it :/

Rart
11-23-2009, 12:32 AM
There are much better free alternatives - try nzb.org or nzbsrus. Or you could just use an autoindexer if you know what you're doing.

If you really like paying for an indexer, NZBMatrix's retention is almost twice as much as newzbin, don't pay for that overrated site.

I believe FST's retention should be increasing with the upcoming board update.

SonsOfLiberty
11-23-2009, 06:38 AM
But FST's NZB index has a really terrible retention which is my problem with it :/

It's going up everyday...take the file name of what you want and go to: http://www.nzbindex.nl/

Problem solved, Newsbin is only 200+ days.

zot
11-23-2009, 08:50 PM
There used to be a thread for invitation requests:?:

With Newzbin's current legal problems, it's not certain that they'll still be around in a years time. So paying for a long subscription up-front might be doing little more than contributing to their legal defense fund.

It's going up everyday...[/url]
good news. With major usenet providers headed toward 500-day retention (and possibly beyond) this has resulted in a serious lack of indexers that match this. I'm glad that FST will stop deleting its NZBs, for one thing, its got to be a serious dis-incentive to people uploading NZBs knowing that their NZBs will only be hosted on FST for a tiny fraction of the time that the files are on usenet.

dette
11-24-2009, 07:49 AM
There used to be a thread for invitation requests:?:

With Newzbin's current legal problems, it's not certain that they'll still be around in a years time. So paying for a long subscription up-front might be doing little more than contributing to their legal defense fund.

It's going up everyday...[/url]
good news. With major usenet providers headed toward 500-day retention (and possibly beyond) this has resulted in a serious lack of indexers that match this. I'm glad that FST will stop deleting its NZBs, for one thing, its got to be a serious dis-incentive to people uploading NZBs knowing that their NZBs will only be hosted on FST for a tiny fraction of the time that the files are on usenet.

Thats my problem with FST's NZB site.. I LOVE how it is set up and the layout but the lack of retention and keeping NZB files is just a real turn off... I like getting a lot of older stuff too...

For example I wanted the tech n9ne album misery loves kompany and I ended torrenting it because I couldnt find it ANYWHERE on usenet

iLOVENZB
11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Search
http://nzbindex.nl/search/?q=tech+n9ne+misery+loves+kompany&age=&max=25&sort=agedesc&minsize=&maxsize=&poster=&nfo=&hidespam=0&hidespam=1&more=0

Request
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-how-request-stuff-irc-351356

dette
11-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Search
http://nzbindex.nl/search/?q=tech+n9ne+misery+loves+kompany&age=&max=25&sort=agedesc&minsize=&maxsize=&poster=&nfo=&hidespam=0&hidespam=1&more=0

Request
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-how-request-stuff-irc-351356

Haha I posted that Album :P

c0ld
11-24-2009, 10:59 PM
With Newzbin's current legal problems, it's not certain that they'll still be around in a years time.Minor correction; the court case is not an attempt to shut them down, it's just because the mpa don't think newzbin are doing takedowns correctly, newzbin disagrees. Even then, I can only remember seeing one mpa notice in my time there.

The court case was also supposed to start November-January time, but there's been no word on it still. I think it'll be around a long time yet.

dette
11-26-2009, 07:18 PM
With Newzbin's current legal problems, it's not certain that they'll still be around in a years time.Minor correction; the court case is not an attempt to shut them down, it's just because the mpa don't think newzbin are doing takedowns correctly, newzbin disagrees. Even then, I can only remember seeing one mpa notice in my time there.

The court case was also supposed to start November-January time, but there's been no word on it still. I think it'll be around a long time yet.

Takedowns? What does that mean in this context?

c0ld
11-26-2009, 07:46 PM
As in 'remove the report and the raw headers from your database'. I've not seen a report disappear, but I have seen one that would not let you grab the nzb and had a notice on it that mentioned it had received a copyright notice against it.

dette
11-26-2009, 08:13 PM
As in 'remove the report and the raw headers from your database'. I've not seen a report disappear, but I have seen one that would not let you grab the nzb and had a notice on it that mentioned it had received a copyright notice against it.

Oh I gotcha. well... hmm

simate
12-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has a newzbin invite available? I really want to get on but know nobody who uses it.

Much appreciated.

PM me if you want one. I was gonna pm you but you don't have the option to receive pm's for some gay reason :lol:

whiteboy
12-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Id like one too if you got extra. I'll shoot a pm just because. ;)

best
12-08-2009, 08:08 AM
is newzbin really a lot better than other nzb site like nzbmatrix for example? i saw a lot of ppl asking to get into newzbin or invites..

btw i'm new with usenet.

Skiz
12-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Because they're sheep.

Newzbin is a pay site. Newzbin indexes Usenet content which is freely available from literally dozens of other sites including this one (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/nzb-index/).

Don't waste your time... or money.

best
12-08-2009, 08:26 AM
so i'm guessing newzbin overrated, shall i conclude that?
well i'm gonna try use nzbmatrix since they are free too and seem easy to use.

dette
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Newzbin IS nice.. Maybe worth it to some people.. Idk if it is to me though... Havent decided. They are having a VERY cheap sale right now there.. For a year its like 12 dollars USD

best
12-08-2009, 09:28 AM
what is the retention in newzbin.

and does the new stuffs come quick? faster then torrent?

c0ld
12-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I have a few invites, you can PM me your email if you want one. A months sub will cost $1 atm, so it's a good time to test them out. You'll know after a week or so if they're worth it.

topicaltapioca
12-08-2009, 05:05 PM
240 days, there's talk of retention upgrade, finally.

Skiz
12-08-2009, 08:17 PM

That doesn't even make sense. You need to learn how Usenet works first.

Another example of someone being interested merely because there is an invite involved.

best
12-08-2009, 08:27 PM

That doesn't even make sense sense. You need to learn how Usenet works first.

Another example of someone being interested merely because there is an invite involved.

i'm not asking for invite, i'm just asking why the hype over them as nzbmatrix is good and easy to use too + free. I know i'm new with usenet and I'm learning using them. I read guides, slyck, wikis for all the informations.

Skiz
12-08-2009, 09:01 PM
No, there is no advantage whatsoever to using Newzbin.

Comparing it to anything torrent related does not makes sense though.

c0ld
12-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Firstly, nzbmatrix isn't free. Secondly, the rss, search and back-end file system on newzbin are easily better than any other site. Combined with the integration and automation offer by sabnzbd, you can almost completely avoid manual downloads for TV, movies and music.

topicaltapioca
12-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Firstly, nzbmatrix isn't free. Secondly, the rss, search and back-end file system on newzbin are easily better than any other site. Combined with the integration and automation offer by sabnzbd, you can almost completely avoid manual downloads for TV, movies and music.

You'll just get flamed for being correct.

Skiz
12-08-2009, 10:44 PM

I don't use either of those and I don't manually download anything that I regularly watch. It isn't as if RSS is something unique. :huh:

Rart
12-08-2009, 10:45 PM

Or that perhaps you are fanboys stubbornly dedicated to the site and refusing to let go of it.

We don't even have to mention NZBmatrix. Merlins Portal, NZBSrus, and NZBs.org all have ~150 days retention over Newzbin, with NZBs.org having 200 days over Newzbin. Oh and I forgot to mention, they're completely free and user indexed, without the possible spam of newzbin, not to mention the fact that when I search for a TV show I got 5 dupes of the same copy. If I want that quality of searching, I could use autoindexers.

And many other sites, including some of the ones I have mentioned above, include RSS and SABNZB integration.

So let me get this straight: Extremely poor retention, dupe posts, and it has the highest subscription fee of any of the pay to use indexers. Why are people paying for this again? And while it's debatable the effects it has had, a nice pending MPAA case looks great for newzbin's image.

All I hear is "better" reports, "better" RSS feeds, "better" search, "better" filesystem. "better" this, "better" that. All extremely opinionated and clinging on to the most insignificant of things to promote a failing site. How exactly are those features "better"? Try supporting your arguments with some statistics rather poorly supported opinions of how a feature is just "better".

I don't see anything Newzbin has over other sites, user or auto indexed, except for the fact that it has a higher subscription fee.

topicaltapioca
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM

Or that perhaps you are fanboys stubbornly dedicated to the site and refusing to let go of it.

We don't even have to mention NZBmatrix. Merlins Portal, NZBSrus, and NZBs.org all have ~150 days retention over Newzbin, with NZBs.org having 200 days over Newzbin. Oh and I forgot to mention, they're completely free and user indexed, without the possible spam of newzbin, not to mention the fact that when I search for a TV show I got 5 dupes of the same copy. If I want that quality of searching, I could use autoindexers.

And many other sites, including some of the ones I have mentioned above, include RSS and SABNZB integration.

So let me get this straight: Extremely poor retention, dupe posts, and it has the highest subscription fee of any of the pay to use indexers. Why are people paying for this again? And while it's debatable the effects it has had, a nice pending MPAA case looks great for newzbin's image.

All I hear is "better" reports, "better" RSS feeds, "better" search, "better" filesystem. "better" this, "better" that. All extremely opinionated and clinging on to the most insignificant of things to promote a failing site. How exactly are those features "better"? Try supporting your arguments with some statistics rather poorly supported opinions of how a feature is just "better".

I don't see anything Newzbin has over other sites, user or auto indexed, except for the fact that it has a higher subscription fee.

Dupes of the same exact posts don't happen, including cross posting, often, more than one post is uploaded to usenet, it happens all the time. Once parts are put into a report, those parts are no longer orphans and cannot be placed into another report. If you're talking about people uploading more than one copy to usenet, I'd take it up with the posters, I don't believe it's the job of the indexer to take away my options.

What spam? Have you ever used Newzbin? Everything is hand indexed and any reports found to be such will be trashed/junked.

An extremely specific titling format is used for every category along with searchable tags and criteria, video genre, format it was ripped from, format it was encoded to, type of image, subtitles, languages, audio format, everything that can researched without downloading the file and sometimes, the file information that has been constant through the entire series with that ripper is used, and more.

If nfo files are part of the report, they're made into a .png by newzbin, if you hover over the nfo link next to the report, it will display it correctly for your review and reading pleasure.

Also comments, but they are highly moderated comments, no spam is allowed to continue there if it's seen. Information, such as the password to the file if there is one is commonly placed by users or editors in the comments. Any other information any user could place is in there.

Right now the Newzbin sale through the rest of year brings the cost to less than 1 US dollar a month.

Newzbin retention is 240 days, that is true, when outside of that retention, I search for it using the free ones, and generally don't find what I couldn't find the first 240 days, since it might not have even been on usenet the past 500 days anyway, this seldom happens for the most part and 95%+ of downloads from usenet have been how many days out?

Retention needs to increase, and there was very recent talk about it, but it's still very much worth it and it isn't constantly flailing back and forth between indexes to make sure I can find what I want.

I'd ask my mom for $1.76 to try out Newzbin for 8 weeks. Anyone with 1.76 who wants to try it out and will pay? Email topical spam at g* mail*com with your forum name and I'll send you an invite.

c0ld
12-08-2009, 11:50 PM
All I hear is "better" reports, "better" RSS feeds, "better" search, "better" filesystem. "better" this, "better" that. All extremely opinionated and clinging on to the most insignificant of things to promote a failing site. How exactly are those features "better"? Try supporting your arguments with some statistics rather poorly supported opinions of how a feature is just "better".You'd know if you checked it out. www.newzxxx.com is free if you just want to test the features.

Rart
12-09-2009, 01:46 AM
What spam? Have you ever used Newzbin? Everything is hand indexed and any reports found to be such will be trashed/junked.

Well for example, I just tried searching Supernatural 5x09. I ended up getting 8 results, two of 720p quality, 6 of standard quality. I tried a couple other TV shows as well, all getting 7-10 results for a single episode. Sure, having a standard def and 720p version of a file is great, but there is no need to have 8 reports of a file on a user indexed site. If I'm looking for that kind of breadth of selection, I'd use an auto indexer, such as supersearch, as opposed to a user indexed site. No other user indexed site, which is meant for ease of finding files, have I experienced any dupes.

An extremely specific titling format is used for every category along with searchable tags and criteria, video genre, format it was ripped from, format it was encoded to, type of image, subtitles, languages, audio format, everything that can researched without downloading the file and sometimes, the file information that has been constant through the entire series with that ripper is used, and more.

If nfo files are part of the report, they're made into a .png by newzbin, if you hover over the nfo link next to the report, it will display it correctly for your review and reading pleasure.

Every user indexed site I have seen includes all that information. I don't see how that's unique at all to newzbin.

Also comments, but they are highly moderated comments, no spam is allowed to continue there if it's seen. Information, such as the password to the file if there is one is commonly placed by users or editors in the comments. Any other information any user could place is in there.

Again... this is something extremely subjective, and even if "comments" are better, it's information one could easily find elsewhere. Most sites have a "thanks" button (such as FST) to remove thanks spam, and on any site, especially when it is open and free rather than newzbin, would potentially have more members and thus more users trying out the files and providing feedback. Thus I would argue a site with a larger userbase has the potential for more feedback. Though even if I'm wrong, the difference would be near negligible and essentially there would be little to no difference.

Newzbin retention is 240 days, that is true, when outside of that retention, I search for it using the free ones, and generally don't find what I couldn't find the first 240 days, since it might not have even been on usenet the past 500 days anyway, this seldom happens for the most part and 95%+ of downloads from usenet have been how many days out?

Just for example, here are some of the files I've downloaded recently: Gilmore Girls, Buffy, Survivor - Eye of the tiger, and Kansas - Left overture. I couldn't find any of those on Newzbin, but found them on every other user indexed site I mentioned. Not to mention some of those albums were within Newzbin's retention, yet I found them on multiple other sites while they were nonexistent on Newzbin. Wait, I thought Newzbin was supposed to be more "extensive" to make up for it's lack of retention?

I'd ask my mom for $1.76 to try out Newzbin for 8 weeks. Anyone with 1.76 who wants to try it out and will pay? Email topical spam at g* mail*com with your forum name and I'll send you an invite.

Really? Do you really have to stoop to insults over "my mom" paying for Newzbin in order to degrade my argument? I was under the impression that sections outside of BT might be a *little* better at keeping a serious debate going. I guess I was wrong.

Edit: To c0ld, yes I have a newzbin account and have previewed it, but I'm not currently paying for it.

c0ld
12-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Well for example, I just tried searching Supernatural 5x09. I ended up getting 8 results, two of 720p quality, 6 of standard quality. I tried a couple other TV shows as well, all getting 7-10 results for a single episode. Sure, having a standard def and 720p version of a file is great, but there is no need to have 8 reports of a file on a user indexed site. If I'm looking for that kind of breadth of selection, I'd use an auto indexer, such as supersearch, as opposed to a user indexed site. No other user indexed site, which is meant for ease of finding files, have I experienced any dupes.
And what happen when that single report isn't complete on your provider? What happens if you want a dubbed version or one with subs?

and, in fact, even with your example;
1 was teevee xvid, 1 was teevee x264, 2 were xvid with german hardsubs, 2 were xvid with french subs, 1 is 800mb custom xvid and 1 is 1500 custom x264 with dutch subs.

topicaltapioca
12-09-2009, 02:23 AM
It wasn't an insult, I just live with my mother and I ask her for money all the time, are you saying it's bad to live with your own mother?

best
12-09-2009, 03:26 AM
wow what an interesting debate over here.. we should set a table and do debate.. all do your research... LOL

well people has preferences and nothing is perfect, I believe there is something newzbin has that others dont have and there must be something others have that newzbin doesn't. the subscription fee for newzbin is not that bad. but nzbmatrix offer $10 for life time if you have been a member in newzbin more than a year then you are starting to pay more than nzbmatrix vip. The calculation is not accurate, it just a quick calculation.

For starter like, I'm quite happy with nzbmatrix and i can do RSS download for all my tv shows. and auto rar/ repair with SAB

c0ld
12-09-2009, 03:53 AM
but nzbmatrix offer $10 for life time if you have been a member in newzbin more than a year then you are starting to pay more than nzbmatrix vip.If you don't mind making a few reports here and there, newzbin is free too.

rhemux
12-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Nbzmatrix is the best option with a current 484 days retention plus other stuff is well worth the VIP upgrade
but if you don't want to spend money, then Bintube is a good choice but i doesn't allows to make comments to warn other user if there's a problem with something

with a 3$ (3-Day Account) on Usenetserver, or 11$ month on Astraweb

your´e set 4 usenet leeching

if nbzmatrix had the Newsbin categories stuff
then it would be absolutely perfect

MrMoneybags
12-21-2009, 05:19 AM
may i get an invite please? It would be much appreciated, thanks :-)

captive
12-28-2009, 06:19 AM
i got 5 invites, first 5 with 100 or more posts get em.

send me a pm.

Rart
01-13-2010, 04:11 AM
Got ratios to back up.
thanks!

Cause obviously having a good ratio on a torrent site has everything to do with usenet :ermm:

sl4sh
01-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi,

could someone please send me an invite?
Id appreciate it!

THX

kasteybah
01-16-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm interested in a Newzbin invite as well. Would trade for a Demonoid invite. Got ratios to back up.

thanks!

Krasnov, please send me PM.

Morpheus
01-18-2010, 02:57 PM
w0w0, pm me your email

SonsOfLiberty
01-22-2010, 05:30 PM
And again...and again....everyone here knows once you get a invite you have to pay for the service?

awalker1107
01-23-2010, 03:40 AM
I would also love to get a newzbin invite!

SparkTR
01-24-2010, 08:11 AM
I would love a Newzbin invite.

EDIT: Nevermind

hada
01-31-2010, 08:04 PM
I'd really like a newzbin invite.

I've been looking for one for aaages!

Cheers in advance to a kind soul =D

VSpace
02-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I am also interested in using Newsbin, however looking through this long list is discouraging. Are people in this thread actually getting invited? Is there another way to get invited or use the service in anyway?

TIA :)

rejxil023
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
can someone send me an invite [email protected] pls

anon
02-11-2010, 05:19 PM
If you want to trade and there's a BT site involved, wait until you can access the right area for that.

IdolEyes787
02-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Like he said .
Just so it is perfectly clear to everyone if you wish to offer a trade of a bt site then you are going to have to follow the rules, have the prescribed tenure and number of posts and do so in the bt trade section.
Also , I'm not 100% sure on this one as regards nzbins but I'm assuming, any monetary exchange is prohibited on this site.

Rart
02-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Also , I'm not 100% sure on this one as regards nzbins but I'm assuming, any monetary exchange is prohibited on this site.

Getting a newzbin invite is like getting a "guest account", you can view the material on the site but can't actually download anything, there's no monetary exchange in that part.

But in order to gain access to the site, you need to pay a monthly fee.

haris_led
02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
And again...and again....everyone here knows once you get a invite you have to pay for the service?

I suppose they do :P

anyway, if there are still any members that can give me an invite please send me a pm :happy:

anon
02-25-2010, 04:13 PM
anyway, if there are still any members that can give me an invite please send me a pm :happy:

The necessary 15 days have long passed, but you'll need 19 more posts to be able to send and receive PMs.

foxpro
03-24-2010, 05:53 AM
friends.. Pls could I get a Newzbin invite ?. I'm currently a VIP at nzbmatrix and really am looking for newzbin invite for a long time.

bonkers
03-24-2010, 08:02 AM
if your a vip at matrix then there aint going to be a lot at newzbin that you cant get from matrix thats for sure

c0ld
03-24-2010, 04:08 PM
if your a vip at matrix then there aint going to be a lot at newzbin that you cant get from matrix thats for sureMicrosoft stuff? Wolverine?

friends.. Pls could I get a Newzbin invite ?. I'm currently a VIP at nzbmatrix and really am looking for newzbin invite for a long time.
Need to post an email for an invite.

Cabalo
03-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Isn't newzbin's yearly subscription something around 24£ ?

c0ld
03-24-2010, 04:51 PM
£8 if you do it right.

eta; in fact it's free if you do it right.

Cabalo
03-24-2010, 05:31 PM
£8 if you do it right.

I would be interested to know how, if you could PM me ;)

bonkers
03-24-2010, 06:24 PM
its all about the timing i found when santa's coming is the best time :naughty::naughty::whistling:whistling;);):yup::yup:

Lazy29
03-26-2010, 08:12 PM
£8 if you do it right.

I would be interested to know how, if you could PM me ;)

Its free if you can follow the ipv6 tutorial in the NZB guides section. It can be a hassle to set it up but once done its free newsgroup

Cabalo
03-26-2010, 08:19 PM
I was talking about the newzbin account. ;)

ddreamer
03-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Microsoft stuff? Wolverine?

Need to post an email for an invite.

Hi c0ld,

I also want to try out newzbin but need an invite. Please kindly send me one to [email protected]

Have a great day and I really thankful for it :)

mo3adz
03-28-2010, 07:18 PM
hey,
can any1 send me inv for newzbin ? i wanna try it .

thx in advance

c0ld
03-28-2010, 07:39 PM
hey,
can any1 send me inv for newzbin ? i wanna try it .

thx in advancePM me your email address.

r4nd0m3r
03-29-2010, 12:58 PM
any1 got newzbin invite plz

c0ld
03-29-2010, 01:17 PM
email!!!++

r4nd0m3r
03-29-2010, 01:36 PM
email!!!++

[email protected]

thx

wikkid thx

ddreamer
03-30-2010, 02:18 AM
Dear c0ld,

I believed 99% that you sent me an invitation so Thank You so much :) If not then Thanks anyway :). The 1% unsured because I went and asked in a few more boards.

Anyway, now I got an extra invite from c0ld (or not) because the day before someone else gave me one. So how do I give the extra code to someone else because the code were tight to my hotmail?

Be quick koz the code will expire in a few days.

Edit: I went and activate the spare account. Let me know if someone want one so I can sent them the user/pass. After that they can change to their own email/pass. my email is [email protected]

Rart
03-30-2010, 03:03 AM
You guys DO realize the Newzbin is simply a ticking time bomb right?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-news-section-95/t-high-court-finds-newzbin-liable-for-copyright-infringement-403217

Skiz
03-30-2010, 03:09 AM
High Court Finds Newzbin Liable For Copyright Infringement (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-news-section-95/t-high-court-finds-newzbin-liable-for-copyright-infringement-403217)

I'm closing this for now as per that very reason. If Newzbin relocates their servers or reopens the site so as to circumvent the result of losing this court case, it will be reopened.