PDA

View Full Version : The Prisoner

JPaul
11-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Why would anyone remake it.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/the-prisoner/

brotherdoobie
11-16-2009, 11:50 PM
All the cool kids are doing it. Remaking crap tv shows is the new black.

-doobs

IdolEyes787
11-17-2009, 01:19 AM
The original The Prisoner is one of the greatest shows ever.:mellow:

brotherdoobie
11-17-2009, 02:49 AM
I've never watched it, Idol. I think the new one looks interesting, but I'm not sure if I'm going to check it out. My Tivo is about maxed out.

-doobs

SonsOfLiberty
11-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Started watching it today, never seen the old one, never heard about the old one till I seen the 720p version pre....don't know, not wanting to get flamed, it makes no sense (Like Lost), but I kind of like it, it aired episodes last night, and one tonight and another one tommorrow, I think like 3 a wekk...I'm gonna more than likely watch the old one, I want to see it now.

IdolEyes787
11-17-2009, 03:36 AM
I don't know about the new incarnation but the thing about the original was that it transcended its Cold War spy origins to address broader issues of the human condition: human versus the machinations of authority, human versus the tyranny of conformity, human versus the imprisoning force of her own mortal nature. That vision was a subtle one, and the artistry (both visual and verbal) with which presented it was perhaps unrivaled in the history of television.
Anyway quite a notch above contemporaries like The Avengers ,The Man From U.N.C.L.E.( fans of NCIS would be shocked to see David "Ducky"McCallum as Illya Kuryakin in that one) or even McGoohan's own Secret Agent Man ( although I still hum the theme ).

6iaR3WO71j4

JPaul
11-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I don't know about the new incarnation but the thing about the original was that it transcended its Cold War spy origins to address broader issues of the human condition: human versus the machinations of authority, human versus the tyranny of conformity, human versus the imprisoning force of her own mortal nature. That vision was a subtle one, and the artistry (both visual and verbal) with which presented it was perhaps unrivaled in the history of television.

I would have been much happier if you had provided a link to the place you got most of that from. Even if you were the original author. Please tell me you were, I've never taken you as a plagiarist.

"The Prisoner transcends its Cold War origin by addressing broader issues of the human condition: human versus the machinations of authority, human versus the tyranny of conformity, human versus the imprisoning force of her own mortal nature. McGoohan's vision is a subtle one, and the artistry (both visual and verbal) with which he presents it is unrivalled in the history of television. "

http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.php?id=126

Fuck sake you only changed a few words, why even bother.

SonsOfLiberty
11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm trying to find the XviD version of the old one, went to the rental place and didn't have it, and on Usenet is all I see is the 720p weighing in at 44GB's, fuck that. Now after watching the new one, I really really want to see the old one.

SonsOfLiberty
11-17-2009, 10:18 PM
In case any of you would like to see this in HD, here it is: The Prisoner 1967 S01 720p BluRay x264-CiNEFiLE (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-tv-nzbs-120/t-the-prisoner-1967-s01-720p-bluray-x264-cinefile-374986) hoping I can get encoder to knock it down to XviD for me :)

Barbarossa
11-18-2009, 09:46 AM
They should remake Prisoner Cell Block H.

enoughfakefiles
11-18-2009, 10:00 PM
They should remake Prisoner Cell Block H.

Your right barbs, the sets were poor :eyebrows:

3RA1N1AC
11-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Started watching it today, never seen the old one, never heard about the old one till I seen the 720p version pre....don't know, not wanting to get flamed, it makes no sense (Like Lost), but I kind of like it, it aired episodes last night, and one tonight and another one tommorrow, I think like 3 a wekk...I'm gonna more than likely watch the old one, I want to see it now.
the original version of "the prisoner" was great. it was a sort of hybrid of spy adventure, orwellian science fiction & allegory, and abstract art. the star and co-creator of the show (patrick mcgoohan) had previously played the lead role in the very popular "danger man" (aka "secret agent" in the u.s.), and he rejected an offer to play james bond in order to pursue other interests such as "the prisoner."