PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Tiny....

nikita69
10-10-2003, 09:19 PM
that would identify the IP of a the website ur are browsing. I know I can get that thru logs, aatools and many other programs. Yet, all I need is a transparent small window that identifies the IP of the website as I browse. If it has a log of the IPs visited along with the name, then that's even better.

One reason I need this is to update my HOSTS file with GOOD and BAD sites (mostly good tho, i have 14000 bad sites). :)

sharedholder
10-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Magic NetTrace
shareware

Magic NetTrace is a ping, whois and traceroute utility, that allows you to trace any IP address or web host. The integrates with ICQ, allowing you to trace the IP addresses of your contacts and can also be added to the IE toolbar, where it allow you to trace any web site by simply clicking a button. Additional features include copy trace to clipboard, WHOIS caching and timeout settings.

http://www.tialsoft.com/

http://www.tialsoft.com/pic/LmNTr.gif

ultimatejester
10-10-2003, 10:32 PM
u can also use neo trace. u can find the old version here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=72894) and the new 1 is at download.com

From Download.com:

This enhanced traceroute program gives you more feedback about failed connections than most other traceroute programs. If you cannot reach a particular site on the Internet, you can use NeoTrace to test the site before calling your ISP to complain. Most often, you will discover that your ISP's network is just fine and that the network your favorite site is on is actually the problematic one. By using NeoTrace, you will enhance your understanding of your network connection, the sites you visit, and the machines to which you connect. Features include printer and HTML output, a detailed Whois display, international domain support, continuous ping update availability, configurable node labels, instant browser access to nodes, automatic update checking, and more. NeoTrace Pro also includes hacker reporting to HackerWatch, mail server tracing, expanded geographical data, a powerful new map engine, and more.

The latest version of NeoTrace Pro adds Internet Explorer integration, Node View, expanded geographical data, and more

nikita69
10-10-2003, 11:06 PM
I have both program thx for trying. Still that's not what i'm looking for.

Just a simple small program that tells u the IP of the website as u borwse automatically and keeps a log of it. for example, I open IE and my homepage is google.com, this program (tiny window) would search for google.com and display it IP "216.239.37.100". Then I browse to, say www.klboard.ath.cx, and this process works again to display "207.218.251.60" and so on. I DON'T NEED IT TO HAVE ALL KINDS OF FEATURES. hopfully this explains a bit further.

truley, thx for helping. :)

nikita69
10-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Ok, let me rephrase:

Does anyone know of a program that resolves multiple webiste addresses into IPs?

Example: a list of 20 site address is pasted/imported, such program would then return their respected IP address. The more it can process at a time the better. :)

I.am
10-16-2003, 12:19 AM
I know what you are looking for and that would be neat if you could find it. If you do let me know as well. However, you might want to look at this (http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/). This doesnst exactly do what you are looking for but might be the closest you can get right now. If you can write your own plugin then you can do anything with it.

nikita69
10-16-2003, 12:38 AM
@I.am - I've tried it, Angry IP Scanner doesn't have such feature. It uses DNS for resolving hostnames (in reverse-lookup mode). And yes, I'm getting to the point of writing my own little program. However, if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to input. :)

I.am
10-16-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by nikita69@15 October 2003 - 19:38
And yes, I'm getting to the point of writing my own little program.  However, if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to input. :)
If you do write one which is an add-on to IE as a plugin :w00t: , that would be sweet! And hey, dont forget to send that to me as well! :D