PDA

View Full Version : is there room for an HD only nzb site?

TrollinThunder
11-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Obviously there are a ton of sites that index almost everything. Those are great, but just like there are general torrent sites and HD only sites that thrive, I thought an HD only nzb site might be in order.

The idea is that an HD specific site would attract spotters/posters/uploaders (maybe even encoders) in a way like the abhdtvx264 irc chan, but be more accessible.

Requests, uploads, encodes, discussion, etc. would be a lot more focused and easier to manage through a website.

Do you think there is room? Do you think there is even a niche?

Rart
11-17-2009, 11:20 PM
I would think so. The reason I don't download HD from bittorrent is solely because of how painful it is to my ratio. Why would I download something thats 10x bigger when I can just get a much smaller file thats far more friendly to my ratio?

Thats one of the main reasons I like using usenet, cause I can download as much HD content as I want without worrying about whether its "going to kill my ratio". I just DL away, and I can watch as much HD content as I want at speeds that max my connection. I would be ecstatic to join an good, HD dedicated site.

Ballz2TheWallz
11-18-2009, 03:42 AM
I just wish more internal encodes from HDBits were available on usenet instead of shit scene releases.

dette
11-22-2009, 11:33 PM
I would LOVE a dedicated HD only NZB site! I love downloading HD movies! I need a bigger HDD for them HA.
I wold definitely be "ecstatic" ;) to join such a site

emperorIX
11-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I definitely think there's room. I would use a HD only nzb site. If HD-WMV.com can survive and remain sorta active, I'm sure a general HD nzb site could survive.

whiteboy
11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Yah I think its a great idea too.

dette
11-26-2009, 08:16 PM
HD-WMV.com is nice! But others would be nice as well

tufu1019
11-27-2009, 07:51 AM
I also wanted to see a nzb site dedicated to HD contents.
Although been with Usenet for HD content for 3 more years, I still don't know which is the most effective method to retrive HD files from Usenet.
So,I'd like to know how you guy search your HD stuff from Usenet?
For me, I usually try
1.nzb indexing sites such as NZBsRus,NZBMatrix for HD subcategory,and binsearch.info for abhdtv or abx264 group.
2.abHDTV.net forum especially for rapidoor posts,but full access of the forum now need to pay,so now I just search the words "abhdtv review" for those rapidoor posts.
Any suggestion? Thanks.

dette
11-27-2009, 08:37 PM
I also wanted to see a nzb site dedicated to HD contents.
Although been with Usenet for HD content for 3 more years, I still don't know which is the most effective method to retrive HD files from Usenet.
So,I'd like to know how you guy search your HD stuff from Usenet?
For me, I usually try
1.nzb indexing sites such as NZBsRus,NZBMatrix for HD subcategory,and binsearch.info for abhdtv or abx264 group.
2.abHDTV.net forum especially for rapidoor posts,but full access of the forum now need to pay,so now I just search the words "abhdtv review" for those rapidoor posts.
Any suggestion? Thanks.

I use all these and can usually find what I want.
nzbmovieseeker.com (for all types of movies!)
the FST NZB index
Merlins-portal.net

as for the auto indexer sites i use are
binsearch.info
newzleech.com
nzbindex.nl

Plus hd-wmv.com is nice.. someone posted that a couple posts up

beansis
11-28-2009, 01:21 AM
yah, we need to kidnap some encoders

bAN01TgAZ
08-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi guys,

I'd love some competition... ;)

I built HD-WMV.com and as you can tell, we only post HD-WMV format files,

NO torrents, only NZB's, onsite IRC, helpfull forums, bot announces, pre-chans ;), dedicated posting boxes, etc etc etc...

Your ALL free to join, Id like to start hd-mkv and see how that goes!!!

Hypatia
08-26-2011, 01:13 PM
as for the auto indexer sites i use are

you should start using mysterbin.

Searching within archives is extremely powerfull feature.

for instance just type in bdmv, set retention to 1 day and u'll see almost all blurays posted within the last day lol

Stabber
08-26-2011, 01:22 PM
hd-mkv would be great , wmv format is not that much used nowadays

mjmacky
08-26-2011, 09:01 PM
In the meantime I've just been adding 720p or 1080p tags to binsearch searches, and I filter the content here. If it indexed everything HD, I could also see it fill its use. I think usenet thrives on HD content for many of the reasons Rart already mentioned.

sandman_1
08-28-2011, 03:08 PM
+1 on Mysterbin and on what Hypatia suggested.

I noticed some of the Bluray images on Usenet are password protected, i.e. HDVisuals(fags). Definitely would go for a HQ HD rip site.