PDA

View Full Version : Warning ShareAza users should not upgrade to 2.5 as is not stable!

PunkMaister
11-18-2009, 02:31 AM
This is my warning to all ShareAza users to stay away from the latest "upgrade" as is just not a stable platform and is also seriously and I mean seriously downgraded when it comes to it's media player. What they are doing is pushing everybody that has upgraded to move to their debug builds. Which had never, ever happened before. They released what was essentially a beta or release candidate version as a finalized version and sadly I bit hook, line and sinker.So now I warn everyone that has not upgraded yet to stay away up till they work out the bugs and restore the fully featured media player the program once had.

kooltilldend
11-18-2009, 10:05 PM
stay away from Shareaza...period

PunkMaister
11-19-2009, 02:41 AM

I have yet to find a P2P program that obtain as many hits for downloads as ShareAza does. If you know of one, let me know I know that Frostwire, LimeWire etc are fast but you rarely ever obtain anything you want from them...

Skiz
11-19-2009, 02:48 AM

I don't know of a single client that encompasses what Shareaza does. Why should people "stay away from" it? :huh:

kooltilldend
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
I dunno...I used it in the past but I never liked it much tbh...I mean the likes of soulseek and ares were always much better imo but I guess it depends on the user...what's more, I haven't used any of these in a few years so my knowledge is obviously outdated

oh well