PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Activities

Albo Da Kid
11-18-2009, 05:47 AM
Wtf was up with the people that scored this movie a 7.5 on Imdb?!

This movie was an insult to ghost/horror movies and I think the director and main characters should commit Harikiri

Skiz
11-18-2009, 08:25 AM
I loved it. On the whole, it's received favorable reviews everywhere.

darkstate01
11-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Strangely enough even i enjoyed it, And I'm a none believer, Just the thought of something roaming around and standing and staring at you while you're asleep.

Kryatle
11-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Same here, I enjoyed the movie. Didn't really scare me, but.. now that I think about it i'm not sure i'd setup a camera in my room while sleeping and watch it the next day. I'd either get scared or feel really stupid. :P But yes very good movie considering the actors didn't really have much experience.

Skiz
11-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Yea, not bad at all for a move that cost $14K. :lol:

Totti
11-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Wtf was up with the people that scored this movie a 7.5 on Imdb?!

This movie was an insult to ghost/horror movies and I think the director and main characters should commit Harikiri

It's supposed to be some scary shit ! and to think the director is Israeli and the production company didn't even want to pick up the movie in the beginning... Just goes to show how you can make a blockbuster moviw with a 15000 $ budget

kooltilldend
11-18-2009, 10:12 PM
not exactly a scary movie...more like a yawnfest

but wth, the movie made massive cash and made the producers millionaires...so i'm sure they aren't complaining heh

Skiz
11-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd wager the people who thought it was boring watched it at home.

This was the type of movie you needed to see in the theater - totally dark, screaming girls around you, etc... it just adds to the experience.

kooltilldend
11-18-2009, 10:41 PM

This was the type of movie you needed to see in the theater - totally dark, screaming girls around you, etc... it just adds to the experience.
yeah I can imagine how that would change the experience...but at the end of the day, there's hardly anything scary about the movie...perhaps if you get immersed into the characters...but imo they were just stupid...the guy thought he was a smartass while the girl was stupid enough to believe in him for all that long (should've left ages ago since he just wasn't willing to listen - its obvious his silly antics weren't working)

really there were so many flaws in this movie, its pathetic...i can see why people would get scared though (imagining how realistic it maybe and all)

pentomato
11-18-2009, 11:09 PM
I only saw five minutes of it the most idiotic movie ever. I hate it.

I love to watch movie at home, where nobody says a thing, I hate anyone making noises.

Skiz
11-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Well, if you only saw 5 minutes of it, then your opinion means absolutely fuck now doesn't it.

I'll stick to my opinion which was formed from watching the entire movie, and rest comfortably that I saw the movie as most (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179904/ratings) people (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paranormal_activity/) did.

clocker
11-19-2009, 01:23 AM

What would have happened to your opinion if the girls in the audience had been laughing and snorting in derision?

1000possibleclaws
11-19-2009, 03:01 AM
If you saw the first half hour you saw the whole movie, imo. I woulda liked it moar if there was some sort of twist, or something unexpected.

pentomato
11-19-2009, 03:42 AM
Well, if you only saw 5 minutes of it, then your opinion means absolutely fuck now doesn't it.

I'll stick to my opinion which was formed from watching the entire movie, and rest comfortably that I saw the movie as most (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179904/ratings) people (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paranormal_activity/) did.

My opinion means as much as yours, I think it is stupid to watch a movie and like it when there are people screaming around you, that's retarded. And yes watching five minutes I have enough of a movie to know if it is crap or not.

If you saw the first half hour you saw the whole movie, imo. I woulda liked it moar if there was some sort of twist, or something unexpected.

Well I saw a little more than five minutes, and that movie is crap for me, I just don't see the point in what those idiots were doing lol

kooltilldend
11-19-2009, 10:13 AM
btw on a different note...its Paranormal "Activity" not Activities lol

SonsOfLiberty
11-21-2009, 12:36 AM
People should actually give movies more than 5 minutes, although myself watch about 30-40 minutes and was all talking no action so I turned it off, one day when I get bored I will watch the whole thing, but I did not like how it started, but watched the DVDSCR which is totally different than the one being played in the theaters including the ending...

darc
02-06-2010, 05:25 AM
I didn't see it but my roommate did and couldn't sleep at all that night.

mangmel
02-07-2010, 03:44 AM
i search on my torrent looks good wait i will watch i will give feedback!