PDA

View Full Version : Problems Starting The Game?

DVDLOVER25
10-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Hi guys,

Lately i have been having some problems playing games on my computer. On my computer i have to games installed that i have played for a while. F eks. Freedom Fighters it worked great and i have been playing it for some time, nut now when i try to start the game, it starts with the name of the company that made it and everything thing, but before comming to main menu it shuts down and the computer goes back to desktop.

I have tried restarting computer, scaning for virus, updating drivers on me grafikk card.... but no help.

My computer: Intel P4 2,8 ghz
1 gb ddr ram
Geforce fx 5600 256 ddr ram card
And The rest of the computer is good to.

any suggestion what i can do?

Thanx :D

DVDLOVER25

Octopussy
10-10-2003, 11:24 PM
you shoudl clean up ur drive like not enough ram becuaes maybe alot of programs openeda t same time

TwisT
10-11-2003, 12:34 AM
i had same prob. i just reformatted my comp works great...

Octopussy
10-11-2003, 01:20 AM
cuz then u get more space and stuff

DVDLOVER25
10-11-2003, 02:05 AM
I dont think ram is the problem, i have 1 gb, and i dont think i am using that much. but yea maybe i should just reformatt my comp.

thanx guys, but if there is someone else with a better idea then let me know.

thanks

DVDLOVER25

MagicNakor
10-11-2003, 02:11 AM
When was your last defrag?

:ninja:

james_bond_rulez
10-11-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by DVDLOVER25@10 October 2003 - 22:49
Hi guys,

Lately i have been having some problems playing games on my computer. On my computer i have to games installed that i have played for a while. F eks. Freedom Fighters it worked great and i have been playing it for some time, nut now when i try to start the game, it starts with the name of the company that made it and everything thing, but before comming to main menu it shuts down and the computer goes back to desktop.

I have tried restarting computer, scaning for virus, updating drivers on me grafikk card.... but no help.

My computer: Intel P4 2,8 ghz
1 gb ddr ram
Geforce fx 5600 256 ddr ram card
And The rest of the computer is good to.

any suggestion what i can do?

Thanx :D

DVDLOVER25
reinstall your os

Timz
10-11-2003, 02:49 AM
how do you reformat a comp?

toddiscool
10-11-2003, 02:49 AM
Before you format if this is the only thing wrong, check for patches from the vendor. I had this exact thing, tiger 2003 actually. One day stopped working, same thing as you are having except my ps would reboot. Installed patch from EA, worked great. I later formated and it still would not work w/o the patch. I will never understand why that was.

CadeLaguana
10-11-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by TwisT@11 October 2003 - 01:34
i had same prob. i just reformatted my comp works great...
TwisT. I don't want to seem rude about this, and I'm not accusing you of spam, but I am starting to question.

On the other thread were the guy asked about having problems with directx 9, you replied with "yea, I have the same problem too, sum1 help". Now when in this one you come in here and say:

"i had same prob. i just reformatted my comp works great..."

Did you just say that, or did you really have the same problems? I'm not sure if your telling the truth(Forgive me if you are), you want more posts, or you want to make a few more friends.

Sorry just starting to wonder heh... ;)

Octopussy
10-11-2003, 02:57 AM
you should compare like if he posted that before...cuz twist mighta reformatted between the posts....so check the timing

MagicNakor
10-11-2003, 05:21 AM
Really, a reformat should be a last resort. It's rather disturbing to see people suggesting that before all other possible avenues have been exhausted.

:ninja: