PDA

View Full Version : Windows Problem

fkdup74
10-11-2003, 05:05 AM
got a message when i tried to restart saying that 'Notification Wnd for RNAdmin' was not responding to the shut down..... :(
can anyone help shed some light on this?
(i'm probably gonna get torched for this, but i had just finished running wincleaner destroy-it, you know, one of the ever popular 'drive zappers', but i've used this prog before and havent had a prob yet :unsure: )

skelley521
10-11-2003, 05:43 AM
Are you running windows 98??
You can try and remove the update file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB then restart.
If that doesn't solve the problem, un-installing real one player should. If you are unable to open add/remove programs, use the un-install in the real one directory under programs.

Hope this helps,
Steve

fkdup74
10-11-2003, 04:18 PM
nah its windows xp home, but thanks though. i just said screw it and ended the prog manually, my comp still booted back up, and when i shut down again last night i didnt see the message again :blink:
does it still have something to do with real one? even in xp? and do i absolutely need real1? (when i got this comp it had real1, interactual, quicktime, wmp, and god knows what other media players installed!)
and evry time i do a reg clean theres always a couple entries for real1 about the skin or somethin, which makes me want to connect the 'not responding' message to real1, since i never use the damn thing...
maybe i been hijacked..... :unsure: ......any ideas?

fkdup74
10-11-2003, 04:26 PM
oops!, yep, i found those files you mentioned skelley, thanks (i just woke up, so i'm not at full speed yet... :D )