PDA

View Full Version : Michael Kessler vs Andre Ward (boxing)

Albo Da Kid
11-22-2009, 06:40 AM
[/URL]Ward (The Underdog) Owns Kessler, Puts U.S. Back in The Super S (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=23636)[URL="http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=23634"]ix (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=23636)

That was another emotionally painfull match to watch. I mean like, I always knew Kessler was an overhyped fighter, but I never knew he was such a garbage fighter.

I guess this takes away from Calzaghe's legacy. Calzaghe said himself that his biggest and best fight of his career was Kessler.

To think of it, Calzaghe isn't as great as the Brits think he is. I mean the guy fought nobodies. His best fights were against Jeff Lacy(overhyped), an old-man Bernard Hopkins, and an old Roy Jones jr.

Quick questioon. Who do you think would have won if Calzaghe and Roy Jones Jr fought in their primes?

Villalltheway
11-25-2009, 01:14 AM
What a lod of crap Calzaghe would smash all the americans, he was champion for over 10 years it was for those guys to challenge him, but they all ducked him because they knew they would lose, Hopkins Roy Jones could of easily challenged him earlier. End of the day he was the longest reigning world champion of modern era boxing and has never lost, he has nothing to prove.

Albo Da Kid
11-25-2009, 06:10 AM
What a lod of crap Calzaghe would smash all the americans, he was champion for over 10 years it was for those guys to challenge him, but they all ducked him because they knew they would lose, Hopkins Roy Jones could of easily challenged him earlier. End of the day he was the longest reigning world champion of modern era boxing and has never lost, he has nothing to prove.

He never lost because he never fought anybody.

Where was Jones and Hopkins?!!! Lol they were fighting the best while Calzaghe was hiding under a rock. Calzaghe only became known as a threat after his win over Lacy. Before that he was a nobody who'se best win was a 70 year old Eubank

Man if you think Calzaghe would have beaten prime RJJ than you're delusional.....ffs he almost lost to a 42 year old hopkins and even got knocked down in the first round. That doesn't look like a great world champ of the modern era to me

Villalltheway
11-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Like i said he was the longest running champ and it was up to them to challenge him. What exactly special about Hopkins then, the biggest win he ever had was against Oscar de la hoya who was way to small for him and no where near in his prime. Alright ill give it to you Roy Jones was an awesome fighter and still had the skills i feel when he faught calzaghe and in the end lost.

I dont no what more u could expect from Calzaghe its not his fault people like Hopkins and Roy Jones wouldnt fight him earlier.

End of the day he has his place in Boxing history because whatever u say he still gonna be the longest champion of the modern era who was never beaten.

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2009, 05:13 AM
Alright ill give it to you Roy Jones was an awesome fighter and still had the skills i feel when he faught calzaghe and in the end lost.

Right.. He demostrated his skills a year later after Calzaghe with Danny green...pftt

Jones was done after the first Tarver fight where Tarver got robbed. He should have retired after he fought Ruiz.

Jones would have handled Calzaghe in his prime though. Every single one of his fighting attributes was higher than calzaghe's except workrate. Jones had more speed, power, accuracy, chin, technique, explosiveness than Calzaghe.

The only thing Calzaghe had over Jones was that he threw more punches(more like slaps) with not much power behind them.

I dont no what more u could expect from Calzaghe its not his fault people like Hopkins and Roy Jones wouldnt fight him earlier.Right....Because he called them out and they turned him down.....pftt lol. Calzaghe probably had nightmares of his name being called out by these guys. He wasn't even known enough back then for these guys to call him out.

Look at upcoming fighters like Bradley, Clottey, even that weak mexican dude Arreola who are trying to become world champs...They're the one calling out the best to fight and take their place, not waiting for the champions to call them out.

Another example is Haye....He wants to fight the best and he lets it be known by calling them out.

Calzaghe didn't call anyone out because he got comfortable living under a rock and didn't want to take risks losing.

End of the day he has his place in Boxing history because whatever u say he still gonna be the longest champion of the modern era who was never beaten.

I'm sure he'll be remembered...as the neighborhood champ that is. Nobody outside of Britain is going to remember him much, believe me.

He's not going to be remembered like Jones, or Manny Pac, or any other legendary fighter. That's for sure

Villalltheway
01-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Look at upcoming fighters like Bradley, Clottey, even that weak mexican dude Arreola who are trying to become world champs...They're the one calling out the best to fight and take their place, not waiting for the champions to call them out.

U said it all here calzaghe was the champion right???