PDA

View Full Version : Ingrid bergman

Renee22
11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
not only was she beautiful she could also act.... her leading men were top of the line.... if your a fan of INGRID BERGMAN lets talk.:)

Totti
11-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I never saw a movie with her acting in it but from what i understand she is one of the greatest actresses in the history of Hollywood... What movies would you recommend that she stars in?

brightsid
11-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Most would say Casablanca or Gaslight but although she is great in both I recommend Notorious, Joan of Ark and certainly her last one A woman called Golda (miniseries).

c0ld
11-25-2009, 09:20 PM
standards were lower back then.

IdolEyes787
11-25-2009, 09:23 PM
standards were different back then.
:dry:

brento
11-26-2009, 04:46 PM

Hm, I would have to disagree with you there.
Just take a look at Maria Falconetti in La passion de Jeanne d'Arc which is widely considered to be one of, if not the greatest, acting ever recorded.

Totti
11-26-2009, 10:02 PM

I'm going to go with the general consensus here acting is getting worse by the year in Hollywood and movies are just as repetitive as ever (day after tomorrow 2012.....) 40 years ago the standards were much stricter....

clocker
11-27-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm going to go with the general consensus here acting is getting worse by the year in Hollywood and movies are just as repetitive as ever (day after tomorrow 2012.....) 40 years ago the standards were much stricter....
I disagree.
During the heyday of the Hollywood studio system, stars were groomed and placed in as many films as possible to recoup the investment. No one worried about the part being "right" for a particular star...hence, John Wayne as a Roman centurion or Tony Curtis as an Egyptian.

The movie going public ate up crap back then just as they do today.
We've never been an educated public and the "good ole days" are only good when viewed through the veil of sentimentality.