PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty

Mr_happy
10-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone

Ive been looking forward to playing call of duty ever since i got word of it
Im sure im not the only one!

I paid a fiver for a magazine coz it had a playable demo of call of duty on it.

The game is fine and it doesnt even slow down a tad. But evert 2-3 minutes it comes up wit an error message.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error!

c: Windows\ program Files\Call of Duty Single Player Demo\CODSP.exe

Abnormal Program Termination

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then i click ok and it returns to windowns the gamma is turned right up and i have to play the game again just to turn the gamma down again.

Its really annoying coz the game is great and i think it is a problem with my pc coz the demo of homeworld 2 does it aswell. All my other games pause every 30 seconds so my new pc built for gaming is of no use to me. one day i will throw it out the window if this does not fix. hehe lol

If this happens to you please tell me so i can assure myself that im not the only one. And if you know how to fix this please tell me.

Thank you.

Mr happy :rolleyes:

p.s. If this continues i will have to change my name! hehe lol!

N£MO
10-11-2003, 02:33 PM
It could be any number of things,what are your system specs?

TheDave
10-11-2003, 02:51 PM
is that most like battlefield 1942 or medal of honour?

Pitbul
10-11-2003, 06:16 PM
u need to post your specs and where you downloaed it from. moron we cant read minds.

tHe LiNk
10-11-2003, 06:35 PM
I'm positive it has nothing to do with the hardware he is running, but the software. Do the following (backup your save files if theres no option to) Make sure you are running Directx 9.0b. If not, download and install
Reinstall the game
Download and install the latest video & sound card drivers for your computer
One should fix the problem (i'd say directx9.0b would though).

TwisT
10-11-2003, 06:38 PM
usally im maybe incorrect, u get those errors according to ur system spec. cuz when i downloaded Raven Shield demo on my old comp it didnt work i got same kinda errors and worked perfect on new one... so yea it can be cuz of system spec. cuz that game has requirments

tHe LiNk
10-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Actually, runtime errors are usually the result of software, or lack of it (Direct-x in this case), or even bad programming.

Mr_happy
10-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Hi its mr happy again

sorry buut i must have forgotten to put my system specks in( dumasses do these things!)

Ok:

AMD athalon xp 2600 (2.08ghz)

512mb of ram

Geforce fx 5200

onboard nforce sound card

creative surround sound (i dont think the sound would make a difference but i put it anyway!)

Sorry folks hope this helps

Oh by the way i err diddnt download it i got it off a demo cd

Guy (mr soon to be angry(Happy))