PDA

View Full Version : Why You Leave?

sharedholder
10-11-2003, 02:36 PM
Why you leave Kazaa, is RIIA winning? Think again because you don't lose a few songs ,or some movies leaving Kazaa ,you lose your liberty,P2P does not mean only filesharing ,mean a lot of things.Take a look how many communities born when filesharing appear.Being member of a forum or a user of a filesharing program mean new ideeas,you can learn a lot of things ,fun,you can find help when you need and more.Think again when you close the door,think again to that 12 years old girl that RIIA sued ,maybe right now you live on a Matrix world and you don't know.Is this America?The state that a lot of generations build it, with the ideea of a liberty land now is hunting the own people.Wake-up,this is not about Kazaa is about you and your rights.I started to wrote this when i see a topic on the K-Lite Board called '' I hate Kazaa'' ,if you hate Kazaa or K-Lite you hate yourself,like i said before is not about Kazaa or any other filesharing program is about your dignity,if you like the fear go on ,uninstall Kazaa and live a life without no rights ,just do what others order to do.I lived on a country called Romania and i know what is the fear,and having no rights, but never i losed my faith and for many years i did not stop listen a radio called Free Europe even if some neighbour can call the police and arrest me.Never, me and all the romanians stopped to listen a free voice ,so for me is the same thing don't unnistall Kazaa ,because is your free voice ,it means liberty to listen the world and his people.I go often on other boards,sites...and all that i see is just a disinform campaing started by who knows ,today i seen even a poll called Which network will succeed kazaa? Vote here! and this is the shamelles thing i ever readed,is something like ''The King is dead ,Long Live The New King'' what a shame you are used Kazaa or Kazaa Lite for many years and now you are deserting,that is the most bad thing to leave someone or something that gives you hapyness and more.I seen a lot of you leaving the K-Lite Board too ,and this is another bad thing,but you are free to do what you want and happy leaving with your fear.Those are my thougs about what is happening now,i have more to say but i don't know to much English so i leave you to reply and write what you want,just don't start to flaming in this post.

Sorry again for my bad English.

pol
10-11-2003, 02:56 PM
Well said sharedholder. I was new to computers when I came here and I've learned a lot from this board, better than any tutorial for certain thing's. An excellent community and many people know a lot about different thing's and dont mind helping others.

It would be a real shame for this place and other's like it to disappear.

clocker
10-11-2003, 02:59 PM
This may be a more suitable topic for the Filesharing section, but before it gets moved...

I'm not leaving K-Lite.
I've never had a problem with the program.
I can always find sources and my DL speeds are fine.
The 'privacy patch' and 'bad IP blocker' seem like reasonable precautions and I feel fairly safe.

In short, I'm a happy camper and see no reason to scurry under a rock.

J'Pol
10-11-2003, 03:34 PM
I agree with you sharedholder.

It's not about filesharing it's about liberty. The liberty to steal from others. That's the sort of spirit America was built on.

clocker
10-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@11 October 2003 - 08:34

It's not about filesharing it's about liberty. The liberty to steal from others. That's the sort of spirit America was built on.
What does America have to do with it, JPaul?
The program originated in Europe did it not?

james_bond_rulez
10-11-2003, 03:40 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

sharedholder
10-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Maybe is talking about America because i mentioned on my post ,but my post is talking about filesharing in general not only America.

J'Pol
10-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by clocker+11 October 2003 - 16:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 11 October 2003 - 16:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@11 October 2003 - 08:34

It&#39;s not about filesharing it&#39;s about liberty. The liberty to steal from others. That&#39;s the sort of spirit America was built on.
The program originated in Europe did it not?[/b][/quote]

Is this America?The state that a lot of generations build it, with the ideea of a liberty land now is hunting the own people.Wake-up,this is not about Kazaa is about you and your rights.

Just replying to the chap old bean.

I assume you did read the post.

sharedholder
10-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+11 October 2003 - 15:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 11 October 2003 - 15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by clocker@11 October 2003 - 16:38
<!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@11 October 2003 - 08:34

It&#39;s not about filesharing it&#39;s about liberty. The liberty to steal from others. That&#39;s the sort of spirit America was built on.
The program originated in Europe did it not?

Is this America?The state that a lot of generations build it, with the ideea of a liberty land now is hunting the own people.Wake-up,this is not about Kazaa is about you and your rights.

Just replying to the chap old bean.

I assume you did read the post. [/b][/quote]

but my post is talking about filesharing in general not only America.

Ok,maybe if i cancel my topic is better?

J'Pol
10-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Why would you want to do that.

hobbes
10-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@11 October 2003 - 16:34

So now you see that it IS that simple?

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST...ndpost&p=531740 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=69710&hl=&view=findpost&p=531740)

As for the k-lite, I stumbled upon this forum as a result of its P2P capacity but I really don&#39;t download that much anymore and I continue to share 24/7. I stay for the people and I am going nowhere.

I would have to say that the P2P efficiency has certainly deteriorated. I have now been downloading Identity for a week, constantly changing supernodes and watching my status remain at "connecting". All we seem to be able to hope for now is to stumble across a single good source and download the entire movie from it.

5 sources

1) 1.74 kb/sec
2) 0.00
3) 0.00
4) 0.00
5) 0.00

Typical profile of download rates

I am not flaming but something is either very wrong either with the program or some agency is winning the battle and people are not sharing. Musleman talks about "bad sources" in the Problems section, but who is posting them and what would the point be? I had been reliably downloading at 100-150 kb/sec, now my peak download speed is 20. Most of the time I just spend "connecting...".

nikita69
10-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by clocker@11 October 2003 - 20:59
This may be a more suitable topic for the Filesharing section, but before it gets moved...

I&#39;m not leaving K-Lite.
I&#39;ve never had a problem with the program.
I can always find sources and my DL speeds are fine.
The &#39;privacy patch&#39; and &#39;bad IP blocker&#39; seem like reasonable precautions and I feel fairly safe.

In short, I&#39;m a happy camper and see no reason to scurry under a rock.
same

Rat Faced
10-11-2003, 06:45 PM
A very good post sharedholder, and i know exactly what you mean (so does JPaul, he&#39;s just got a twisted sence of humour).

Moving this to filesharing....

sharedholder
10-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@11 October 2003 - 18:45
A very good post sharedholder, and i know exactly what you mean (so does JPaul, he&#39;s just got a twisted sence of humour).

Moving this to filesharing....
TY ,is ok .I&#39;m not worried about JPaul ,i just tell my opinion on what is happenend now i will like to say more opinions not just humor.

J'Pol
10-11-2003, 08:00 PM
:(

wormless
10-11-2003, 08:02 PM
hi ya all, there comes a time in uk at end of this month when riaa or whoever over here can touch us in uk but im addicted too downoading so i am not stopping. share holder i thought u were english till i read this post of yours and now i no your not i think your english is very good ,in fact better than mine hee hee lol was a long post though but very good point. i no 1 of the mods went but hes back now due to his probs.[B][O][T] has been helpful to me hes never in a mood like a certain mod lol i downloaded an album new one and it didnt take long 2 get it like my other 50albums which have missing songs and will get them b4 end of month but i aint gonna stop just wanna get them out the way 1st lol

p.s. i will stop writing so u all dont go sleep rreading my post lol :lol:

to you share have a ((((hug))))

omg god this damn prog pop idol grrrrrrr

Sparkle1984
10-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Very well said, everyone &#33;&#33; Don&#39;t let anyone take away the liberty &#33;&#33; ;) I have always found this community very helpful, and have learnt several new things. Not just about IT stuff, but also the importance of human freedom.

omg god this damn prog pop idol grrrrrrr
On a less serious note, I have to say I quite liked Pop Idol tonight, it was better than last week&#39;s show. My favourite singer is Danielle, so I am glad she got through on the "Wild Card" show where the runners-up are given a second chance. :)

MUSLEMAN
10-13-2003, 07:54 PM
very good point and post sh what most people here don&#39;t understand is that as i

said before in your other thread they are after kazaa because its a big one and

they are trying to set an example but once and if we let them get kazaa no matter

where we go they will follow us next, they are not stoping at kazaa they just got

started here once they do away with us using it then they will do the same with the

next p2p we go to and so on and so forthhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/smiley2k.gif

Dark Side
10-13-2003, 08:42 PM
Are celebrities not getting enough money as it is?
look at bruce willis he gets something like 150 million &#036; for a movie is that not enough for him?
so I prefer downloading one of his films than buying a 30€ DVD

Sid Hartha
10-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Dark Side@13 October 2003 - 20:42
Are celebrities not getting enough money as it is?
look at bruce willis he gets something like 150 million &#036; for a movie is that not enough for him?
so I prefer downloading one of his films than buying a 30€ DVD
Good point. What does it have to do with people leaving Kazaa Lite?

Am I oversimplifying by saying that - right or wrong - most people don&#39;t want to be sued by the RIAA? Am I missing something here?

imnotanaddict
10-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Shareholder once again you have posted a topic inwhich your views make some very good points. I&#39;ve noticed your post recently have covered a wide range
of different articles of beliefs and technology that shows me you are very open-minded and a have a thirst for knowledge that I admire. Just wanted to say that.
keep up the cool post.

Now for my two cents.

I am an American. I have laws that I am suppose to follow. Whether I do or not
is still a choice left to me. I try to respect most common-sense laws to a point.
When I buy a cd, I have never signed an agreement of any kind. When I have
purchased anything in the past, whether I have true ownership of that product
has not been questionable. When I have ownership of a product I have a right to
share, sell or give away that item.Copy Right laws originally were made to keep people from bootlegging (mass production of said material for re-sell/profit) or
taking credit for someone elses material. Getting to my point or yours I should say when I&#39;m told that I can&#39;t share, lend a product or borrow a product such as songs that at one time were purchased then that is effecting my pursuit of life, liberty, and justice. My constitutional rights are being compromised.

This sharing has also opened doors to a sense of community (not all the time bliss perhaps) of talking, meeting, helping, geting to know different people of all ages,
countries, beliefs, etc. Discussions from filesharing to world events to petty bickering.... like any community. This is a way of life we have chosen and can not
be denied. Not to say that this is my life, but at times it is a large part of it, as everyday life should be. Helping others with problems. You lend me something,
I lend you something. We discuss, we fight, we learn. I refuse to be run off from anything or anywhere that I have a right to.

Sid Hartha
10-17-2003, 03:26 AM
Well put, imnotanaddict.

I agree with you about the original intent of copyright law. It was meant to protect the artists - not the companies&#39; profits.

Let me ask you this: Would you be willing to face a lawsuit or serve time for the sake of filesharing?

imnotanaddict
10-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Sid Hartha@17 October 2003 - 03:26
Well put, imnotanaddict.

I agree with you about the original intent of copyright law. It was meant to protect the artists - not the companies&#39; profits.

Let me ask you this: Would you be willing to face a lawsuit or serve time for the sake of filesharing?
I honestly don&#39;t know exactly what I would or would&#39;nt do, until I was in that
situation. It&#39;s easy to talk the talk, but could I walk the walk? I would have to research the law, see where I stood exactly, see if I had a chance of fighting
and winning. I admit I&#39;m not much for fighting losing battles. This is something
I do feel strongly about, but that in its self is&#39;nt much of a defense. Would I take a chance on spending 30 or 60 days in jail to stand up for my rights? Probably.
Would I take a chance on spending 1-2yrs in prison? Most likely not.

Kevin Phoenix
10-17-2003, 06:21 AM
Here&#39;s another interesting question. Is the RIAA ready to sue 60 million Americans over this? The cost of issuing subpoenas would be enormous and it would really cause great damage to the USA. Frankly, I would gladly pay a reasonable one time or monthly flat fee to use a filesharing service like this one if I knew it was 100% legal and meant the RIAA could no longer do anything about it.

j4y3m
10-17-2003, 07:08 AM
Great Point Shared Holder.....Okay So I Don&#39;t Use Kazaa(Lite) As Much As I Use To But It Is Still A Great Program Last Time I Checked And I Still Get Good Speeds.....I Think Every P2P User(Except ES5 :P) Should Take A Stand Of Some Sort Against The RIAA And Such Forces :)

Adster
10-17-2003, 10:32 AM
sorry i had trouble reading that coz no paragraphs

Sid Hartha
10-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by imnotanaddict@17 October 2003 - 04:38
Would I take a chance on spending 1-2yrs in prison? Most likely not.
I think that pretty much answers sharedholder&#39;s original question ("why you leave?"). A considerable percentage of 2p2 users have stopped sharing for that reason.

I remain skeptical of claims that ANY p2p sharing (Kazaa Lite, etc.) is safe. Instead of giving up, I&#39;ve simply purged my shared files of RIAA-affiliated music. It&#39;s amazing how much good stuff isn&#39;t RIAA.