PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with the Scene lately?

morning_wood
11-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Whats been happening lately? I'm sure I'm not the only once noticing the big decline in reputable scene groups and rips lately.

Alot of releases aren't coming out until the week of, or even the week after the actual DVD release. Also, what happened to R1's? Majority of what BOW has been ripping lately has been R4 (with the exception of a few). For example, there STILL isn't a R1 rip of Angels and Demons... what gives?

Also, what happened to the groups that were awesome? Like Replica, DREAMLiGHT, CJ... and many others?

Hopefully I'm not the only one to have noticed this recently, and someone could help me out as to why its happening.

Thanks

TrollinThunder
11-25-2009, 12:07 AM
The DVDR scene is dying off while the HD scene is thriving. Perhaps there is some supply reason behind this or perhaps it is just a trend because more people, including sceners, are putting their resources into HD.

Up through last winter, I downloaded only DVDRs. Now I just grab the 720p rips.

$SnoopDo2G$
11-25-2009, 01:28 AM
DVDRips FTW..... small size n quality good enough...
i rarely grab those bluray's lol too big for me....
But i think it's not only the scene that post late after dvd's came out
it's also because movies sucks those days..... :(

sez
11-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Yep something is definitely up.Other than FQM,there seems to be a completely new crop of TV sceners as well.The old groups are getting sloppier.

morning_wood
11-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Yeah I agree.

Also, maybe its the fact that more DVD players are multi region now instead of strictly R1. So certain groups dont feel the need to rip R1's.

Who knows.

Zebra
11-28-2009, 09:53 AM
METiS releasin all NEW HD pouplar movies .. rest r sleeping:lol:

DubDub
11-30-2009, 11:30 PM
you can say that again