PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with FST account

hotshot6473
11-26-2009, 02:58 PM
I got a private message not too long ago that said I need to update my personal data but now my account has lost message rights and the ability to edit info.

Can a mod see whats going on with the account because I have lost all privileges

Cabalo
11-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Was the message sent by some staffer ?

There's some stuff in your profile that you should discuss with Idol.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't know what is going on only that your primary user group has been set to "bounced" which I've never even seen before.

Cabalo
11-26-2009, 03:18 PM
really weird, because he hasn't even any kind of infractions.

hotshot6473
11-26-2009, 03:20 PM
I got a message from Reality saying my email address was sent a message and it bounced.

I got it this morning and now I lost all priv. except for posting

Cabalo
11-26-2009, 03:31 PM
So, you don't remember your email login ?

hotshot6473
11-26-2009, 03:33 PM
I didn't recieve any email and I have no idea what email I signed up with here since it was so long ago.

But as of right now I do not have the email or access to even see what email I used

Not to mention I can't even PM Reality to see if he can send me another one

Rart
11-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Start a report? That would be my best guess, although perhaps one of the mods could PM him.

RealitY
11-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Try putting current email in your profile and save it. That should reset everything back for you...

hotshot6473
11-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Kinda hard to do with my profile being locked. Also why is this site emailing me?

Edit: I fixed it but wow was that unnecessary. Is there any reason why such checks are made. I mean this is not a tracker or something that requires an up-to-date email as I do not use anything related to email with this site. I would actually appreciate it if the site never emailed me unless I wanted it to for changing my password

RealitY
11-27-2009, 05:02 AM
You should be able to set your email and it appears youve done that now. The private message that was sent to you is autogenerated and quite simple to follow. The issue with bad emails is it strains the server for nothing which is why your notified of it. Its likely you had some type of notification on. It could be thread subscription or for private messages perhaps. When those started bouncing you were notified. We also send emails to some inactive members on the site. If you have issue with this simply change your settings not to recieve any of these...

Night0wl
12-03-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm having same problem I think. Got that email bounced thingy and tried resetting email to same email after making sure it was still active.

I can't see PM's in right upper corner nor some sections.

Edit: Or my avatar and BT rep is back

It's almost like I picture having disabled priviliges.. have I been bad :P

Edit 2: While we're at it. In "Set PlayStation ID" it says PlatStation in the description.

tesco
12-03-2009, 02:08 AM
Edit 2: While we're at it. In "Set PlayStation ID" it says PlatStation in the description.
Thanks, fixed that.

Looking into your other issues right now...

After re-reading your post, are you saying that the email that you have set at the moment is your active email? Meaning that you are in the bounced group by mistake?
If so, do you mind if I force an activation email on you to see for sure?

Night0wl
12-03-2009, 09:01 AM
The email account had become inactive from not logging in there for a long time, but I reactivated it, so there should be no problem now.

Just checked. I got an email this morning from elsewhere, so email account is working again and should not bounce. I prefer to keep this account for forum notifications etc. so important emails don't get overlooked in my primary email accounts.