PDA

View Full Version : Mininova limits its activities to Content Distribution service

Glitterstep
11-26-2009, 04:16 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=6980Mininova limits its activities to Content Distribution service
November 26, 2009

" Today is an important day in the history of Mininova. From now on, we are limiting Mininova.org to our Content Distribution service. By doing so, we comply with the ruling of the Court of Utrecht of last August.

Unfortunately the court ruling leaves us no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the Content Distribution service. According to the verdict (Dutch link) we have to prevent uploads of torrents to Mininova that refer to certain titles or to similar-looking titles. We’ve been testing some filtering systems the last couple of months, but we found that it’s neither technically nor[/COLOR] operationally possible to implement a 100% working filter system. Therefore, we decided that the only option is to limit Mininova to Content Distribution torrents from now on. We are still considering an appeal at this moment.

We launched our Content Distribution service in 2007. This service allows producers and artists to easily publish and distribute their content for free through Mininova. The launch of Content Distribution has proven to be a success. Countless content owners have used Content Distribution to distribute their content (e.g. albums and documentaries) for free to millions of users. For example, the Dutch band Silence is Sexy released their complete album on Mininova and received the Interactive Award 2009 for doing so. The Dutch television broadcaster VPRO decided to start using Content Distribution in 2009 in order to distribute documentaries. "

:source: Source: Mininova blog (http://mnstat.com/images/blog/index.html)

:(:(

I used to down a lot of stuff from there and today when i checked out mininova..Here's what it said

Hi all,

Today is an important day in the history of Mininova. From now on, we are limiting Mininova.org to our Content Distribution service. By doing so, we comply with the ruling of the Court of Utrecht of last August.

Unfortunately the court ruling leaves us no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the Content Distribution service. According to the verdict (Dutch link) we have to prevent uploads of torrents to Mininova that refer to certain titles or to similar-looking titles. We’ve been testing some filtering systems the last couple of months, but we found that it’s neither technically nor operationally possible to implement a 100% working filter system. Therefore, we decided that the only option is to limit Mininova to Content Distribution torrents from now on. We are still considering an appeal at this moment.

We launched our Content Distribution service in 2007. This service allows producers and artists to easily publish and distribute their content for free through Mininova. The launch of Content Distribution has proven to be a success. Countless content owners have used Content Distribution to distribute their content (e.g. albums and documentaries) for free to millions of users. For example, the Dutch band Silence is Sexy released their complete album on Mininova and received the Interactive Award 2009 for doing so. The Dutch television broadcaster VPRO decided to start using Content Distribution in 2009 in order to distribute documentaries.

We would like to thank you for your support. Especially everyone that contributed to Mininova receives a big “thank you!” for the effort! We hope to keep welcoming you on Mininova and our other projects (e.g. Snotr, Dispostable).

Thanks! The Mininova staff
:(

merwais
11-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Limited ?

It's not Limited, it means site is down and F**ked up.
who will visit mininova if there is nothing to download ?

RIP Mininova (26/November/2009)

That1Guy
11-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Mininova was the first torrent site I used I believe. Although I it has been years since I downloaded anything from there it is still sad to see.

Brandon_Heat
11-26-2009, 04:26 PM
is this the end of public trackers?

Hairbautt
11-26-2009, 04:56 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=6980Mininova limits its activities to Content Distribution service
November 26, 2009

" Today is an important day in the history of Mininova. From now on, we are limiting Mininova.org to our Content Distribution service. By doing so, we comply with the ruling of the Court of Utrecht of last August.

Unfortunately the court ruling leaves us no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the Content Distribution service. According to the verdict (Dutch link) we have to prevent uploads of torrents to Mininova that refer to certain titles or to similar-looking titles. We’ve been testing some filtering systems the last couple of months, but we found that it’s neither technically nor[/COLOR] operationally possible to implement a 100% working filter system. Therefore, we decided that the only option is to limit Mininova to Content Distribution torrents from now on. We are still considering an appeal at this moment.

We launched our Content Distribution service in 2007. This service allows producers and artists to easily publish and distribute their content for free through Mininova. The launch of Content Distribution has proven to be a success. Countless content owners have used Content Distribution to distribute their content (e.g. albums and documentaries) for free to millions of users. For example, the Dutch band Silence is Sexy released their complete album on Mininova and received the Interactive Award 2009 for doing so. The Dutch television broadcaster VPRO decided to start using Content Distribution in 2009 in order to distribute documentaries. "

:source: Source: Mininova blog (http://mnstat.com/images/blog/index.html)

xuxoxux
11-26-2009, 05:11 PM
is this the end of public trackers?

I doubt it. Only those trackers who host in rocky countries might be harassed to closed. I can't imagine public trackers dying anyway, someone will always open another one.

Rart
11-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Amazing.

Now even less people will use the site.

ShadowsServant
11-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Well I didn't see that coming, First thepiratebay now mininova, I hope that private sites will persevere.

lineman
11-26-2009, 06:43 PM
That's a terrible loss for the file-sharing community. On the bright side, many small sites will come to take it's place and fill the big gap mininova left.

Slixx
11-26-2009, 07:38 PM
+1

Its a loss for many and at the same time its a gain for all the others. This was bound to happen though!

mr. nails
11-26-2009, 08:08 PM
any1 have an alternative site already in progress?

yeah, woke up 2day and went straight to the nova and saw this. shitty.

oilrig
11-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Wow, what a sad, sad day indeed.

dvdasacd
11-26-2009, 09:14 PM
is this the end of public trackers?It's ok - when the big trees in the forest fall down, the small trees vigoriously compete and grow their way up to replace them.

In the meantime enjoy the sunshine pouring in through the canpoy and give it some time for the new trees to grow :).

karachidude
11-26-2009, 11:10 PM
thats very sad :(

mr. nails
11-27-2009, 12:23 AM
yeah, so, imma need an alternative. who's got it?

brilman
11-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Didn't Mininova spin off of somewhere els? Thought it was but can't remember. Sad to see um go, I'm sure theres 5 more in line to take up its place:(

xenophob
11-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Another one bits the dust. Wonder how long till it starts to eat up the private trackers, ugh. ;(

xuxoxux
11-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Well I didn't see that coming, First thepiratebay now mininova, I hope that private sites will persevere.

Of course they will. And so will public trackers. When one goes down, countless come up...though only like 1 usually becomes popular enough to survive until it is time for it to be shut down.

Darth Sushi
11-27-2009, 12:58 AM
This really sucks arse!

djerholler69
11-27-2009, 02:50 AM
Terrible. First TPB, now Mininova. Just hope that the poison doesn't continue to spread :/

Brandon_Heat
11-27-2009, 02:58 AM
hope the small sites fill the gap up...

downwardpull
11-27-2009, 03:45 AM
It was one of my favorites. Sad day

soulreaper
11-27-2009, 05:08 AM
Oh Jesus,NOOOOO :(

thefinger
11-27-2009, 05:10 AM
Good bye Mininova.:wave: :(

TP635
11-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Do you guys actually login to the site? It is STILL WORKING. And so is TPB

bid888
11-27-2009, 10:27 AM
oh no, what will you use now?

whiteboy
11-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Didn't Mininova spin off of somewhere els? Thought it was but can't remember. Sad to see um go, I'm sure theres 5 more in line to take up its place:(
Supernova

brilman
11-27-2009, 10:45 PM
[/QUOTE]
Supernova[/QUOTE]

yep that was it :whistling duh

still when this happens it seems something new and better comes around in the end

killuminati96
11-28-2009, 01:28 AM
that sucks

I'm glad I moved on from torrents a long time ago. That was a nice site tho.

Burnsy
11-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Do you guys actually login to the site? It is STILL WORKING. And so is TPB

Erm... yeah... I just logged in and seenthat everythng I ever uploaded has been deleted.

I'm prepared to accept that some torrents may have died... but not 100+ in the space of a week... unless of course I've done something to deserve my torrents being deleted...

anon
11-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Those looking for Mininova replacements can have a look at this:
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/11/mininova-alternatives-17-bittorrent.html

Eros-x
11-29-2009, 02:18 AM
That's dumb, i'm glad i never use mininova.

sriups
12-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Very Bas news for Torrents world. mininova..sct...next?