PDA

View Full Version : CSC folder

Helionster
11-26-2009, 07:37 PM
So I was doing some research and I found that I should have a CSC folder in a path like c/windows/csc but after all kinds of searches and toggling betwen ocult/and not folders I decide to give up and ask here if someone could tell me if vista home premium sp2 have or not this folder. If not wath folder does the work of the csc folder.:wacko:

peat moss
11-27-2009, 01:22 AM
You may have to enable " show all files " in the Folder Tab .

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938875.aspx

Here's the meaning of CSC folder = Offline Files/Client Side Caching (CSC)

Helionster
12-02-2009, 11:28 AM
I think you'd better read first post again and then come up with a constructive answer. The things you said where the things I learned in the very first search I did. But thanks for for the effort anyway...

peat moss
12-03-2009, 01:48 AM
My my a little testy aren't we , probably just frustration ? Why do you need to find the folder , ghost files taking up space or ?

Yes the CSC folder is in Vista and Win7 not sure about XP , under C:/WINDOWS/CSC . You have to gain permission rights to modify or delete but can be done .

Your using Internet Explorer with Work Offline enabled I take it ? The option is under tools in your browser .

Helionster
12-03-2009, 11:50 PM
I just sugested that he read the post a litlle better before start giving unuseful tips. And yes,I reckon I'm a bit frustrated,. Not because I want to delete any files from that folder I dont have no major space-taker-ghost-file in there.It's just that I read somewere that changing a little file in there fixes the Left4dead 2 release from PIRATEGAY(and therefore the frustration part)...I was trying to browse it trough windows explorer(maybe that's the problem?) I'll check trough internet explorer offline,thanks a bunch.

peat moss
12-04-2009, 01:22 AM
I did see a fix for that in my googling called CTD or Crash to Desktop , is that your problem ? I'll see if I can find the fix , made me read as my son plays LFD2 .

Read the thread by Lennox :

http://computelive.com/left-4-dead-2-ctd-crash-to-desktop-fix/

Helionster
12-04-2009, 04:30 PM
yup...that's the thread that originated this one right here. Even there at "computelive" you can find a lot of people complaining about dont having CSC folder... Fortunetlly I'v found a crack/fix today that partially fixed the game, meaning: it still crashes but with a hell of a lot less frequency. But I'd like to leave the question of CSC folder open since I still dont seem to find it.(just for curiosity) Even uusing the internet explorer working offline the only folder on C is "Cursors" and the closest I'v foun for the original name of CSC it's the "SchCache" folder,wich, by the way,it's empty.