PDA

View Full Version : Newsdemon slow speed

hyperx136
12-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Anybody getting slow speed on Newsdemon? I'm only getting like 25kb from each connection. Even when i use one, two or 20, it's always 25kb each connections.

dutchmaster420
12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
What client are you using?

mikezs
12-02-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm having the same problem, using NewsLeecher, but all other downloads seem to be going at my regular 20Mbit

hyperx136
12-05-2009, 12:35 AM
i used unison on mac and grabit on windows. Both of them getting such a slow speed. However, i also get all the other downloads at 20mbits like mikezs.

Trottel
12-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Today i have a very low speed ~ 500kb/sec. I am a Newsdemon member since yesterday and have a avg speed of 5-5.5 Mbyte/sec using a 50 Mbit Connection.

Change to US and EU Server but without increasing the speed, changed also the ports.

Switching to the other account to usenetnow or astraweb looks like pretty nice. Usenetnow near 5 MB/sec and Astraweb over 5MB/sec.

Some knows Powerusenet? Seems to be a reseller from Giganews.

Nothing changed until now. 500 kb/sec. I think they are reducing the speed.
With Astraweb i get the maximum of 5.5 Mbyte/sec. I signed the offer at Newsdemon < 10$ /monthly. :unsure:

It doesnt matter using a EU or a US Server. Is there a Download Caop? For example 50G/daily or something?

Trottel
12-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Now after 4 days max download speed is 500kb/sec. Astraweb/Usentnow over 5MByte/sec with my 50 Mbit connection.

I used this offer

http://www.newsdemon.com/discount-usenet.php

I thought this was without a download or speedlimit. :dabs:

topicaltapioca
12-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Now after 4 days max download speed is 500kb/sec. Astraweb/Usentnow over 5MByte/sec with my 50 Mbit connection.

I used this offer

http://www.newsdemon.com/discount-usenet.php

I thought this was without a download or speedlimit. :dabs:

Have you contacted them?

I know when Astraweb has such problems, they'll change you to a different server upon your request.

Trottel
12-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Yes, i contact them on Sunday. But i didnt get any answer :ermm: so i canceled the account.

I dont know if http://www.newshosting.com is the same like Newsdemon. They have the same end ip adress :blink: (EU-Servers)

regards

Usent-News, Thundernews, Newsdemon have

7 25 ms 25 ms 26 ms news.ams.newshosting.com [69.16.176.253]

Newshosting

Could be that they are the same provider or only a reseller from someone?

thx

Hi.

Already found this on the net

o , here is the thing yes you are correct newsdemon gets their feed from highwinds (easynews and usenetserver and newshosting.com are all part of the core of highwinds that i worked at.... now newsdemon, my instance of them , apparently unlimited , doesn't mean that at all , its unlimited to 200 - 250 gb / month , because out of the blue half way into my monthly cycle ........ they capped my downloads at about 128kpbs , and after dealing with this annoying 800 number answering machine to no prevail i wrote email to their tech support to get a suprising reply , that basically said.... i had used what they called "unlimited" and that if i wanted to i could open up another account incur more charges and get my "unlimited feed again".

That is fact. Ok i have downloaded ~ 200 GB at one day :w00t: shame :01:

After that they throttle my speed. :whistling

best
12-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Yes, i contact them on Sunday. But i didnt get any answer :ermm: so i canceled the account.

I dont know if http://www.newshosting.com is the same like Newsdemon. They have the same end ip adress :blink: (EU-Servers)

regards

Usent-News, Thundernews, Newsdemon have

Newshosting

Could be that they are the same provider or only a reseller from someone?

thx

Hi.

o , here is the thing yes you are correct newsdemon gets their feed from highwinds (easynews and usenetserver and newshosting.com are all part of the core of highwinds that i worked at.... now newsdemon, my instance of them , apparently unlimited , doesn't mean that at all , its unlimited to 200 - 250 gb / month , because out of the blue half way into my monthly cycle ........ they capped my downloads at about 128kpbs , and after dealing with this annoying 800 number answering machine to no prevail i wrote email to their tech support to get a suprising reply , that basically said.... i had used what they called "unlimited" and that if i wanted to i could open up another account incur more charges and get my "unlimited feed again".

That is fact. Ok i have downloaded ~ 200 GB at one day :w00t: shame :01:

that's stupid, 250 GB /month and called unlimited if I'm you i will cancel the account and go somewhere else.

you download 200 GB/day?? what the hell are you downloading? 100GB is my record when I downloading 10 season of tv show.

ericab
12-10-2009, 04:47 AM
yeah seriously, 200 gb a day ?

do tell...

zot
12-10-2009, 09:59 AM

o , here is the thing yes you are correct newsdemon gets their feed from highwinds (easynews and usenetserver and newshosting.com are all part of the core of highwinds that i worked at.... now newsdemon, my instance of them , apparently unlimited , doesn't mean that at all , its unlimited to 200 - 250 gb / month , because out of the blue half way into my monthly cycle ........ they capped my downloads at about 128kpbs , and after dealing with this annoying 800 number answering machine to no prevail i wrote email to their tech support to get a suprising reply , that basically said.... i had used what they called &quot;unlimited&quot; and that if i wanted to i could open up another account incur more charges and get my &quot;unlimited feed again&quot;.That is fact. Ok i have downloaded ~ 200 GB at one day :w00t: shame :01:

NewsDemon sells its *unlimited* accounts at various prices, ranging from $10 to $23 per month, depending on the special you sign up with. It seems that NewsDemon sets its *secret* monthly caps based how much you are paying each month. The (hidden) 200 GB monthly cap applies to their $10/$11 *unlimited* accounts, so presumably people paying the standard price -twice that amount- should get allocated twice the gigs.

This is nothing new. It's been business-as-usual for Newsdemon to secretly throttle heavy users, and this underhanded throttling has been complained about on forums for several years. Due to their long history of dirty dealing, I personally would never get NewsDemon -- no matter how attractive the price might seem.

slogsdon
12-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I bought NewsDemon's unlimited when it was $1 a month for 2 months. I had a few bucks in paypal, and wanted to get usenet again for a little while, so I figured I would give it a shot.

Turns out the second month they tried to charge me the full $22, and my friend actually was charged $22 for his second month. I tried contacting them in support but haven't received a response yet.

Seems I spoke to soon, I just got an email from support saying my account has been reinstated for $1.

Trottel
12-12-2009, 09:40 AM
I bought NewsDemon's unlimited when it was $1 a month for 2 months. I had a few bucks in paypal, and wanted to get usenet again for a little while, so I figured I would give it a shot.

Turns out the second month they tried to charge me the full $22, and my friend actually was charged $22 for his second month. I tried contacting them in support but haven't received a response yet.

Seems I spoke to soon, I just got an email from support saying my account has been reinstated for $1.

Newsdemon Support = 0

Since 8 days no anweser, i wrote 3 tickes. Nothing.

Never Newsdemon :dabs: :w00t:

whiteboy
12-15-2009, 03:59 AM

Newsdemon Support = 0

Since 8 days no anweser, i wrote 3 tickes. Nothing.

Never Newsdemon :dabs: :w00t:Im am not in anyway involved with supernews. But on the first day I was extremely impressed with how fast their support was. Each time they've gotten back to me in 30 minutes tops. Which was damn good for internet support which can be very crappy.

zot
12-15-2009, 04:22 AM
From the comments I've seen over the last several years, Newsdemon seems to generally have fast support. I think they used to also offer live online chat with tech support, but I don't know if they still do. (can't seem to find any mention of that on their website) But if it's been 8 days, 3 request tickets, and still no answer, then something must have gone very wrong.