PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Activation driving me mad

Sporkk
12-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I bought the windows 7 family pack. One of the computers motherboard/processor went out. So after I rebuilt the thing I launch the win 7 installer from within the old hard drive for a clean install.

Activation fails. I expected that. I keep going through the phone activation just so I can get to a rep. Been trying all morning and it keeps saying help is not available at this time. Its making me nuts to keep calling and hearing her say I'm sorry but you need to buy another software package or wait for a representative.

I thought this line had 24/7 help. I guess I'm off to find a activator so I can use my legally purchased copy of windows.

peat moss
12-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Should be easy to find if they won't activate for you , look to a free site like ForumW or H33t , lots of Activators there .

Look for W7 permanent by Ryu or anything by Hazor or Orbit30 .

Sporkk
12-03-2009, 03:09 AM
thanks, grabbing a crack now. I just tried again before work and still get the automated message that they can't help me right now. I would really like to use a legit key so I don't have to worry about updating a crack.

This family pack should have been labeled 3 uses and not necessarily 3 computers. I would like to see if there is some way I can contact microsoft or amazon and just get my money back.

Appzalien
12-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I bought one of those too, the price was just too attractive, but I haven't even opened it yet. What steps does it require of you when you first install? Can you fix it with a loader without installing a key to save the keys for later? Is there one disk and three keys in the package? Give us some advise here on how to get the most from our purchase.

Sporkk
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
not sure if you can install without a key(most likely you can). The package comes with 1 disc and 1 key that is usable on 3 computers. Not sure if this applies to the family pack but I've heard most windows discs are the same and only different by the key that come with the package. I was able to reinstall vista on a laptop using the original key with a retail vista disc.

Still not sure what would happen if I actually made it through to someone. Maybe they would reset my key so it could be used again or maybe not.

Vash999
12-13-2009, 06:34 PM
From what I've heard, there's usually about a 75% shot of getting help on that support line for this problem. If you haven't called before at all, they are more likely to reactivate a key, assuming you're willing to put up with getting through.

If you still want to find out if they'll reactivate the key, try about 2 weeks after new years. Until then they will be flooded with calls from people who bought new PCs for X-mas. Still won't be a fast experience, but you might not die of old age first ;)

alpharomiyo
12-16-2009, 02:55 AM
use Slic 2.1 ,its the best solution to activating windows

u can update like it were authentic windows...

Appzalien
12-17-2009, 01:09 AM
try about 2 weeks after new years. Until then they will be flooded with calls from people who bought new PCs for X-mas.

Its not Christmas yet.Do you think everyones already opened their presents? Its more likely the lines will be jammed from the end of December to the end of Feb after all those familys install the Family Packs. I suspect he will have an easier time now then after Christmas.

Vash999
12-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Actually a lot of people do, more than a few people bring in their PCs wanting to have them completely set up before the person unwraps them. And that's not saying the process will be quick, just a little better than it is now.

Sporkk
12-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm not going to try and activate over the phone again unless they find a way to block the activator cracks. They should have 24/7 staffing on that line. If they want this silly drm they need to give paying customers better support. True I could of been more patient but I just wanted to get it done and I shouldn't have to be the one begging them.

Appzalien
12-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Its really sad how the pirates can install any version without activating at all, and we who pay for it get the shaft. Perhaps I should start charging MS for reactivation time, I'm worth OH! $75 an hour (cough!) so I will bill them for each hour they keep me on the phone.