PDA

View Full Version : Antivirus

Helionster
12-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm having a lot of problems lately wich I think are derived of a uncapable antivirus. So having in mind that I can't aford to spend one cent what are my better(free\cr*ked) options at this moment? And also if there any good aplications that realy help the antivirus to defend my PC?...

anon
12-05-2009, 07:31 PM
As always, I recommend NOD32 2.7. Easy to install and use, fast, and no problem with keys - the "fix" makes the trial last over 16 million days.

Helionster
12-06-2009, 12:49 AM
It's just that I had a problem with NOD32 4.0.314. It always kept freezing on about 80% of the initial scan...Does that 2.7 version fix it?Also I'm a bit confused because I have this 4.0 version for about a year or so and you are saying that the 2.7 version its,in fact, better? Enlighten me,please.

By the way I'm using avast 4.8 home edition.if I change for nod32 the change will be for better right?

colt45joe
12-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Nsanedown

download there, and also download NodLogin 10c. nodlogin will keep the program licensed. if the antivirus ever says something about the license not being good anymore, then use nodlogin again to give valid license.

Helionster
12-06-2009, 11:11 AM
ok,I guess i'll give it a try. Thanks!

Do you recomend any complementar software or should I just leave it like this?

anon
12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
It's just that I had a problem with NOD32 4.0.314. It always kept freezing on about 80% of the initial scan...Does that 2.7 version fix it?Also I'm a bit confused because I have this 4.0 version for about a year or so and you are saying that the 2.7 version its,in fact, better? Enlighten me,please.

The reasons I prefer v2.7 are:

it's faster
it's lighter
no problems with keys (nsane's FiX greatly "extends" the trial)
it never caused any problems with other software or prevented my machine from working correctly

I only installed newer versions to see what was new, and didn't like them.

By the way I'm using avast 4.8 home edition.if I change for nod32 the change will be for better right?

I'd say yes :happy: Remember to fully uninstall Avast before installing NOD32.

Do you recomend any complementar software or should I just leave it like this?

Since v2.7 doesn't include a firewall, you'll need to use a separate one. I'd recommend Outpost v4. It works great and is very lightweight, too.

Ubisoft
12-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I use Avast is good

Helionster
12-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Well...now I already installed the colt45joe option,and also i've added ESET smart security(wich I believe to be complementar firewall and anti-spam)...And everything has worked out just fine(5 treats eliminated). And the resources consumption its not a big deal.

waeldiab
12-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I recommend NOD32

Helionster
12-06-2009, 11:38 PM
something hapened here. In my home conection everything went smothly. But then I went to use a public\free internet space in my town and the conection just came and went and most of the time it "went". So I cheked the firewal log and it had reported this "date»05-12-2009 19:05:12 event»Detected ARP cache poisoning attack source»192.168.1.254 target»192.168.1.64 protocol»ARP" almost every second for like an hour. I read that it could be a false positive and if I used NAT device(wich I don't know what it is) I should turn off the ARP poisoning attack detection and DNS poisoning attack detection. I really think that its not false positive. But anyway what do you recommend I do?

PS:Firewall is NOD32 smart security.

anon
12-06-2009, 11:42 PM
I read that it could be a false positive and if I used NAT device(wich I don't know what it is) I should turn off the ARP poisoning attack detection and DNS poisoning attack detection.

Well, since you're probably connected to a Wi-Fi router, which is a NAT device, I'd say you turn off both detections.

Helionster
12-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Yup,thanks for the help. And sorry for my my ignorance on the NAT matter.

colt45joe
12-08-2009, 02:36 AM
and also i've added ESET smart security(wich I believe to be complementar firewall and anti-spam)...And everything has worked out just fine(5 treats eliminated). And the resources consumption its not a big deal.

soo, you have ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security both installed? really, you only need smart security to be installed.. it includes antivirus, anti-spyware,firewall and antispam.

Helionster
12-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Lol..I've noticed that,but since they kinda merged in toghether in a single ESET folder I didn't give it much importance.