PDA

View Full Version : XBNox 360 or Ps3..?

rohnsmith
12-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Hi to all

I am planning to buy new game station abut little confused between this two .So please share your experience for which one I should go for ....

Tv Controls you
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Xbox fan boy here.

xbox 360 is cheaper, can burn games for it, has a better online community, and has better games than the ps3.

The only disadvantage of the 360 is the fact that you have to pay $60 dollars a year for their online.

Although every new console comes with 3 free months.....

The live is well worth it, and is around 10x more enjoyable than playstation 3's online services.

_Surfer_
12-07-2009, 01:12 PM
if i have money i will take the Xbox because is cooler than PS3 :D

7th
12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
used to be a xbox fanboy until I have them both side by side... now I play ps3 a lot more and don't even turn the xbox on for some good time. I do have a good PC too tough... that means that there are a lot of xbox games I end up playing on pc...

my opinion? if you have a good pc to play new games and can spend the extra with original games and don't plan to have hundreds of games (for lack of time) go for the ps3... the psn is awesome (better than live in my opinion and is free)... any other way, I would go with the xbox360 though =/

the bad news is that either way you chose, you'll leave some great games to be played. =(

dette
12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Ugh I am in the same decision.
Heres what I am trying to decide.

PS3: Blu Ray, Bluetooth, Other OS (On the old NOT Slim one), Browser, PSN (Free online), less shooter games and a little smaller game library, PS3 Controller (Wireless with BT, and USB charge), quieter, Blu Ray disc games.

360: Better controller (in my opinion), somewhat bigger game library, XBL, Burning games (Hackable.. I am a geek who likes to mess with his technology). For some reason I like the Xbox more.. I dont know why... I think its cause I used to own the PS2

7th
12-08-2009, 02:27 AM
well, in the end it is really hard to decide between ps3 and xbox =/

You know what? I'm being too pessimist with you! Yes, you're going to enjoy any one of the two consoles, no matter what... You'll miss some games, but man, I misses some great games that I didn't played when I had a Super NES =P

S!X
12-08-2009, 02:57 AM
Honestly, I think the PS3 is the cats ass right now. Free wi-fi & it's a blu-ray player as well. Can't burn games for it but "it's no problem". I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360's.

dette
12-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Honestly, I think the PS3 is the cats ass right now. Free wi-fi & it's a blu-ray player as well. Can't burn games for it but "it's no problem". I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360's.

Id wish I could burn games.. The WiFi, BT, and Free Online is tempting.. But how much will I use them besides the Online? I could just plug in... and it comes with a year of Live (the 360 Elite.) but anywho.. I like the Xbox controller better :/

Villalltheway
12-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Get an xbox its cheaper and just as good as a ps3, people who say they have both and say they play their ps3 more, obviously would say that, they not about to say a system they paid £250 plus was a mistake and shit are they.

dette
12-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Get an xbox its cheaper and just as good as a ps3, people who say they have both and say they play their ps3 more, obviously would say that, they not about to say a system they paid £250 plus was a mistake and shit are they.

The PS3 really does have the note worthy and consideration worthy features...

S!X
12-09-2009, 02:02 AM

The PS3 really does have the note worthy and consideration worthy features...

Like they say, "It does it all" :01:

poi9
12-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Get the ps3 the games for 360 are shit any good game that's out on the 360 is out on the ps3 and the line up for ps3 next year is amazing graphics 20 times better with that being said in the future xbox wont be able to handle the rendering of games there are some games that are already at the top of the 360's performance, free online, WiFi built in better community no 16 year old shit talking kids. and one word final fantasy 13 well 2 words and a number.
pay the extra 100 and get the ps3 its WAY worth it.

7th
12-09-2009, 02:37 PM

gosh boy, did you really get mad on me just because I said that? wow :mellow:

edit: just to get rid of the unnecessary...

dette
12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
PS3 games to me seem more.. RPG and Adventure oriented and the Xbox seems more shooter and FPS oriented .. But then again I havent fully looked at the line up.. Maybe thats just how it comes off to me. What do you guys think?

Villalltheway
12-09-2009, 08:06 PM

gosh boy, did you really get mad on me just because I said that? wow :mellow:

Haha not aimed at u, im just making a general point i have mates who say the same thing, all im saying is what do u expect them to say once they paid so much for a ps3.

lol not exactly a topic that needs me to get mad over, its not like i really give a shit what people get.

SonsOfLiberty
12-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Xbox360 is for pirates and has more exclusive content, not to mention online gaming, it's way too good....and has more "exclusive" games right now.....and yes I'm a box fanboy, but I will continue on with my next part.

I decided to get a PS3 to, had the extra money somehow, I mainly bought it for the Bluray, and I spent $100 more for the PS3 so it was a good deal....now here's my dilema, no games really that aren't on the 360...the ones I bought the PS3 for were MGS4 (holy shit best game EVER), inFamous, and the 2 Drakes. And the coming GoW III and Dantes Inferno (which is on 360 but they original designed it for PS3).. I actually got the bundle edition for $300 and it came with Batman Arkham Asylum, inFamous, and The Dark Knight Bluray, so I came out really good and bought MGS4 for $20.

After having the PS3 for about 2 weeks now I love it, but I wouldn't give my 360 up at all. PSN network sucks ass, the control panel for PS3 is more like a computer, and take a long time to tinker with....so the deciding factor for any system should be "games" not Bluray.

I do like I can get PSone games for $6 like Resident Evil series and Dino Crisis :lol:

dette
12-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Xbox360 is for pirates and has more exclusive content, not to mention online gaming, it's way too good....and has more "exclusive" games right now.....and yes I'm a box fanboy, but I will continue on with my next part.

I decided to get a PS3 to, had the extra money somehow, I mainly bought it for the Bluray, and I spent $100 more for the PS3 so it was a good deal....now here's my dilema, no games really that aren't on the 360...the ones I bought the PS3 for were MGS4 (holy shit best game EVER), inFamous, and the 2 Drakes. And the coming GoW III and Dantes Inferno (which is on 360 but they original designed it for PS3).. I actually got the bundle edition for $300 and it came with Batman Arkham Asylum, inFamous, and The Dark Knight Bluray, so I came out really good and bought MGS4 for $20.

After having the PS3 for about 2 weeks now I love it, but I wouldn't give my 360 up at all. PSN network sucks ass, the control panel for PS3 is more like a computer, and take a long time to tinker with....so the deciding factor for any system should be "games" not Bluray.

I do like I can get PSone games for $6 like Resident Evil series and Dino Crisis :lol:

Haha see.. No one can decide between the 2 ;). Kind of just thinking I might actually get BOTH and decide and sell one or return one.

7th
12-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Kind of just thinking I might actually get BOTH and decide and sell one or return one.

That's a trap man! If you get both, you won't return any uhauahuah :D

dette
12-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Kind of just thinking I might actually get BOTH and decide and sell one or return one.

Hahahaha then what do I do!?!?

andy316
12-11-2009, 12:18 AM
get the Wii!!you will have great fun with your friends, family, children, grandpa, maid, butler,etc playing mario all day,the most "exclusive" content out there:D

and its quite cheap:whistling

SonsOfLiberty
12-11-2009, 03:47 AM
get the Wii!!you will have great fun with your friends, family, children, grandpa, maid, butler,etc playing mario all day,the most "exclusive" content out there:D

Most exclusive content for people under 10 and people older than 40 :lol: Not a huge demographic there, well it is, but gamers like me, sort of laugh off the Wii, there are some fun games, but please, ffs give me a controller, I hate the motion thing.

dette
12-11-2009, 04:56 AM

Most exclusive content for people under 10 and people older than 40 :lol: Not a huge demographic there, well it is, but gamers like me, sort of laugh off the Wii, there are some fun games, but please, ffs give me a controller, I hate the motion thing.

I mostly agree here haha.. The Wii is one FUN machine though.. Would I get one? No likely not! I want some high detail and graphical games. Mature games too haha. The Wii is fun for Mario, Super Smash Bros, and some others.. Very fun but not hardcore gaming. I will give him the fact that the Wii does have a lot of exclusives haha

andy316
12-11-2009, 06:56 AM
lol i was jk there..never thought u people might take a bit serious and would think i was in with the exclusives..oh well

but in more serious terms,get the xbox.Why?more games,has one of the better online multiplayer functionalities of the two consoles,and besides,you would not get any lag whatsoever on Live..the only problem i would say is the annoying red ring/other failures which u can get very easily within a few months,its here where the xbox lacks while the ps3 has none of this...

7th
12-11-2009, 11:44 AM

GOSH MAN! Stop doing hard questions! :P

but in more serious terms,get the xbox.Why?more games,has one of the better online multiplayer functionalities of the two consoles,and besides,you would not get any lag whatsoever on Live..

I'm not a multiplayer fan, don't play a lot online so I can't compare live vs psn but... my brother does play a lot online. By what I hear, Live is better in many ways... by what I see, Live presents a lot of lags (here in Brazil) and I've never seen a Xbox game that people can play with up to 60 players online (30 vs 30)... is that too much of a mess? You can bet it is, but it's a lot of a fun haha! But was two weeks ago that I got really impressed... a FPS called MAG stores up to 256 players online. They are divided into two groups of 128 players and then subdivided into 8 squads of 16 players each. But each group has a mission and they work all together to achieve it, all at the same time in a BIG map.... with no lag.

It's crazy =/

TrollinThunder
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
For SoL and those with both, why does PSN suck?

I have only the PS3. All my friends have 360 and are on Live and it seems the only advantage is the amount of people. I didn't want to play with a bunch of them, because they sit around playing all day and chatting. When I game, it's me time and I turn off the voip actually. But PSN seems fine in terms of connectability and stability, plus there are plenty of people to play (around 250k on MW2 during peak hours), the things that really matter.

andy316
12-11-2009, 09:19 PM

but in more serious terms,get the xbox.Why?more games,has one of the better online multiplayer functionalities of the two consoles,and besides,you would not get any lag whatsoever on Live..

I'm not a multiplayer fan, don't play a lot online so I can't compare live vs psn but... my brother does play a lot online. By what I hear, Live is better in many ways... by what I see, Live presents a lot of lags (here in Brazil) and I've never seen a Xbox game that people can play with up to 60 players online (30 vs 30)... is that too much of a mess? You can bet it is, but it's a lot of a fun haha! But was two weeks ago that I got really impressed... a FPS called MAG stores up to 256 players online. They are divided into two groups of 128 players and then subdivided into 8 squads of 16 players each. But each group has a mission and they work all together to achieve it, all at the same time in a BIG map.... with no lag.

It's crazy =/

i know man,its just crazy u can play that much of players in one map..i don't know what black magic the developer or Sony has done that its possible to do it all in a console..let alone PC

dette
12-11-2009, 09:24 PM

It's crazy =/

i know man,its just crazy u can play that much of players in one map..i don't know what black magic the developer or Sony has done that its possible to do it all in a console..let alone PCYes that is absolutely insane! Would be SO much fun though! Especially with a headset

SonsOfLiberty
12-12-2009, 12:46 AM

I have only the PS3. All my friends have 360 and are on Live and it seems the only advantage is the amount of people. I didn't want to play with a bunch of them, because they sit around playing all day and chatting. When I game, it's me time and I turn off the voip actually. But PSN seems fine in terms of connectability and stability, plus there are plenty of people to play (around 250k on MW2 during peak hours), the things that really matter.

Get a 360 and even with Silver account, just play around on Live you will see the setup/design/everything about Live out classes PSN....PS3 is really only good for less than 10 good games and bluray right now, as the 360 has loads and loads of games...remember 360 started this whole DLC for consoles and get the DLC's almost always first and PSN will be lucky to get em' eg...Fallout 3 DLC's PSN owners had to wait for a year to get em'. Oh yeah I forgot I can play as the jOker in Batman, that was my reason for buying a PS3, not :lol:

Peak hours for MW2 is only that much? Live will double or triple that, I that's from a guy who HATES playing online :lol: no really I do hate it :) I'm a single player guy.

dette
12-12-2009, 08:50 AM

Get a 360 and even with Silver account, just play around on Live you will see the setup/design/everything about Live out classes PSN....PS3 is really only good for less than 10 good games and bluray right now, as the 360 has loads and loads of games...remember 360 started this whole DLC for consoles and get the DLC's almost always first and PSN will be lucky to get em' eg...Fallout 3 DLC's PSN owners had to wait for a year to get em'. Oh yeah I forgot I can play as the jOker in Batman, that was my reason for buying a PS3, not :lol:

Peak hours for MW2 is only that much? Live will double or triple that, I that's from a guy who HATES playing online :lol: no really I do hate it :) I'm a single player guy.

Ive played my friends PS3 many many times, PSN is still good, Live just tops it haha. The Blu Ray and a lot of the little features on the PS3 are really good. But the actual GAMES and Online Play is better on Xbox definitely

category6
12-12-2009, 11:20 AM
xbox is cheaper
and you can burn pirated game for it
it's the best

dette
12-12-2009, 07:17 PM
xbox is cheaper
it's the best

That could be ending for a bit though since there could be an end of iXtreme.. I agree with most people that some other hacker will step up.. But.. yeah

Vash999
12-13-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm in a similar decision process this X-mas (well after, once I save up since the wife has decided not going into debt is a good idea :whistling ), in a 3 way decision between a 360, a PS3 and a new PC.

I did eliminate the 360 however, based on two things. One, the RROD, which pretty much rules out buying a used system in my mind, and two, the way the last generation ended. When the 360 came out, xbox games pretty much stopped being made within a few months. The PS2 on the other hand is still active, as was the PS1 before it. Now of course, I have no way of knowing if that will happen again, but the odds do seem better.

Of course, I did make the decision not to pirate on this generation of consoles, so your millage may vary :shifty:

Now if I could just decide between the PC and the PS3 :frusty:

jimmyg123
12-13-2009, 09:24 PM

I do have both and I like the 360 for certain reason and the ps3 for certain reasons. The 360 definitly has better multiplayer action and they come out with more games. The PS3 i watch blu-ray's and with my New 1080p tv the ps3 looks increadable. so its really what your looking for in a system.

I heard that they are coming out with a high def 1080p xbox 360 in one of the forums here and if that happens then in my opinion 360 would be better.

roboaditya
12-13-2009, 09:54 PM
ps3 all the way............

dette
12-14-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm in a similar decision process this X-mas (well after, once I save up since the wife has decided not going into debt is a good idea :whistling ), in a 3 way decision between a 360, a PS3 and a new PC.

I did eliminate the 360 however, based on two things. One, the RROD, which pretty much rules out buying a used system in my mind, and two, the way the last generation ended. When the 360 came out, xbox games pretty much stopped being made within a few months. The PS2 on the other hand is still active, as was the PS1 before it. Now of course, I have no way of knowing if that will happen again, but the odds do seem better.

Of course, I did make the decision not to pirate on this generation of consoles, so your millage may vary :shifty:

Oh for me the decision would be PC.. I have a good gaming laptop thats why I am now looking for a good system :). But I love the PC and I would almost always choose that over a console if I had to choose between the 2. Since PC's obviously do much more then game but the gaming graphics are a hell of a lot better

7th
12-14-2009, 02:18 AM

Oh for me the decision would be PC.. I have a good gaming laptop thats why I am now looking for a good system :). But I love the PC and I would almost always choose that over a console if I had to choose between the 2. Since PC's obviously do much more then game but the gaming graphics are a hell of a lot better

Yeah, well... if you don't have a good desktop pc yet, I would go for it first... My brother don't like games on PC... I love games on PC :huh: So it will really depend on how you want to play your games =)

And I'm assuming you already have a "so so" PC because if you don't have a PC at all, you should definitely go for the PC :mellow:

Vash999
12-14-2009, 05:52 AM
It's in the so-so PC category, except for the video card which is still ok (Radeon 4830 512mb). But unfortunately it's a single core Athlon 3500, so that pretty much rules out anything newer than Fallout 3.

This would be a much easier call if they still made Madden for the PC :cry:

Ah well, maybe I'll just have to take the money and see which one follows me back to the car :D

dette
12-15-2009, 07:32 AM
I found a PS3 Slim for 208 dollars at Nebraska Furniture Mart (I love in Nebraska.. -_-) and it comes with Uncharted 2 and inFAMOUS and I had them hold it and I am going to go pick it up tomorrow! My dad bought a Panasonic 54" Plasma TV so I thought.. Fuck.. We need a Blu Ray player anyway! Why not just get both in one :D

7th
12-15-2009, 11:19 AM
and it comes with Uncharted 2 and inFAMOUS...

I think you gonna love Uncharted 2 :happy:... inFamous is quite good if you don't mean to play it for more than 2 or 3 hours... not the case isn't it? :huh:

Xbox_360
12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
No im not a fan boy i have both a 360 and PS3 I have to say xbox over the ps3 just for gaming my reasons are better controller i mean sony is still using the ps1 controller sony its time to move on. The xbox has better online yes it's about $50 a year but its worth it especially if you play wih friends online you can start parties. The games are cheaper even when games are released for xbox and ps3 its usually a little more on ps3.

dette
12-21-2009, 06:03 AM
and it comes with Uncharted 2 and inFAMOUS...

I think you gonna love Uncharted 2 :happy:... inFamous is quite good if you don't mean to play it for more than 2 or 3 hours... not the case isn't it? :huh:
Its actually Uncharted: Drake's Fortune but whatever the game ROCKED! I beat it already :D.. Not as long as I thought but so worth the play time... inFAMOUS is very fun but yes its not meant to be played for long long periods of time I can tell. I plan to get Resistance 2 for the multiplayer because I have friends over quite a lot, I also want MAG and Uncharted 2. those are my 3 top games I am planning on getting next.

No im not a fan boy i have both a 360 and PS3 I have to say xbox over the ps3 just for gaming my reasons are better controller i mean sony is still using the ps1 controller sony its time to move on. The xbox has better online yes it's about $50 a year but its worth it especially if you play wih friends online you can start parties. The games are cheaper even when games are released for xbox and ps3 its usually a little more on ps3.
I would probably have gotten the 360 but my family and I need a Blu Ray player so that kind of made the decision for me... Even though a separate Blu Ray player would be nice since I might take my PS3 places.. Oh well.
Yeah I see a lot of used 360 games and they are a lot cheaper.. Pisses me off A LOT now that I noticed that :(

7th
12-22-2009, 02:10 AM
dette, if you like FPS games, even for online gaming, maybe you should consider buying Killzone2 before anything else...

if you liked Uncharted 1 that much, gosh, you're going to love the second one...

I don't know if you like this kind of game (I don't know what kind of game it is anyway hehe) you should take a look into Demon's Souls... I'm playing it and it's awesome!

dette
12-22-2009, 08:43 AM
dette, if you like FPS games, even for online gaming, maybe you should consider buying Killzone2 before anything else...

if you liked Uncharted 1 that much, gosh, you're going to love the second one...

I don't know if you like this kind of game (I don't know what kind of game it is anyway hehe) you should take a look into Demon's Souls... I'm playing it and it's awesome!

I have a HELL of a game list that I want haha. Yes Killzone 2 looks awesome. I am going to get some games for Christmas. My main ones are Resistance 2 (almost solely for Online, I would like to play the SP though too), Uncharted 2, and MAG. I dont want to buy to many games at once so I am limiting myself. I would like Killzone 2 or Modern Warfare 2... Basically I want a really good Online experience (I have already beaten the SP of MW2 on my computer).
I also like the Split Screen Online of R2 because I like to have friends over to play.

Any suggestions? Which do you think I should get?

Demon Soul's looks pretty good, I am more into Adventure like Uncharted rather then RPG.. Some RPG's really hook me in though.

P.S. I was also thinking of maybe grabbing the first Battlefield: Bad Company. Even though the 2nd is coming out quite soon

SonsOfLiberty
12-22-2009, 04:37 PM
I found a PS3 Slim for 208 dollars at Nebraska Furniture Mart (I love in Nebraska.. -_-) and it comes with Uncharted 2 and inFAMOUS and I had them hold it and I am going to go pick it up tomorrow! My dad bought a Panasonic 54" Plasma TV so I thought.. Fuck.. We need a Blu Ray player anyway! Why not just get both in one :D

You must have got it used or the fat boy system.

I got the slim with inFAmous/Dak Knight/and Dark Knight Bluray for $300 same one on EBAY that is going for over $500....

Still a must own game for the PS3 is Metal Gear Solid 4, I almost think it's the best for any system....and of course Drake's 1 and 2 are both outstanding, and I just bought the God Of War Collecion, playing that now, almost beat the first one again, haven't played them in years.....will beat the second one just in time for GOW III :)

7th
12-23-2009, 02:51 AM

Any suggestions? Which do you think I should get?

I don't really know how to answer to that question...

if I had to chose only one from those 3 (uncharted 2, MAG and Resistance 2) I would go for Uncharted 2 for now... if you like FPS and online playing, you should really think about Killzone 2 though...

Demon's Souls is not "really" a RPG... not a RPG alone I mean... it's a strange mix of things with a good result hehe, but it's not for everyone's taste so I encourage to rent it (if you can) before buying... if you like hard games, you'll probably love it hehe

dette
12-24-2009, 04:00 AM

You must have got it used or the fat boy system.

I got the slim with inFAmous/Dak Knight/and Dark Knight Bluray for $300 same one on EBAY that is going for over $500....

Still a must own game for the PS3 is Metal Gear Solid 4, I almost think it's the best for any system....and of course Drake's 1 and 2 are both outstanding, and I just bought the God Of War Collecion, playing that now, almost beat the first one again, haven't played them in years.....will beat the second one just in time for GOW III :)
Actually it was a return and NOT USED :D:D:D they didnt even unbox it...

I would definitely like the God of War Collection :D that would be awesome..

Demon Soul's sounds cool.. Might not be my taste though I dunno, I definitely wanna try Dante's Inferno because I love God of War and it is supposed to be a lot like it

I am thinking of getting Battlefield Bad Company its like 10 bucks on amazon

Uplifting
12-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Ps3>all imho

mandreke02
12-26-2009, 08:59 PM
xbox is cheaper
it's the best

dette
12-27-2009, 04:11 AM
xbox is cheaper
it's the best

Gonna be honest... Wish I could do that.. Theres a lot of SP games I want to play but I dont want to buy them and play them cause theres no replay value

armandox
01-01-2010, 11:30 AM
PS3 is the best

dette
01-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Enjoying my ps3! :D... Just started Uncharted 2! Its like a goddamn movie!... Infamous I am loving and I am playing a lot of Resistance 2 online! :D