PDA

View Full Version : best dvd backup software

JGB
12-07-2009, 11:56 PM
All I want is to be able to dump a huge folder of crap into the program, and have it load however many files fit easily onto each dvd. I don't really care if it keeps them in order, just getting tired of doing it all manually.

Mostly backing up books and movies.

Appzalien
12-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Sounds like what you want is a backup software that will do incremental backups after the total one. What it does is first you backup the entire folder and from that point on it syncs the original folder with the backup folder and adds anything new in the original to the backed up file. It sort of does a running compairison and keeps the backup file the same as the original (Synced). If you add a movie to your folder it will also add it to the backup folder as well. Acronis will do that as well a Ghost, I prefer Acronis myself. Even the older version 6 of acronis will do incremental backups, but a newer version will support more new types of drives.

ankeer
12-19-2009, 09:38 AM
maybe the following iWellsoft Power CD DVD Burner from anti-virusnow.com can help you:

Only finish three steps is ok
1. Create a new compilation.
2. Drag and drop files you want to burn
3. Click "Brun" button to show the burn form. and start to burn.

JGB
01-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Sorry I want something I can dump say 500gb of files, most of which are very small, I would like to be able to dump them all into the program, just hit burn, it automatically burns the first 4.7gb of files, next drop another disk in the tray, hit burn again and it would do the same. Also maintaining folder structure, not location in the drives say, but at least have all folders retain the names they currently have.

FreakinWeasel
01-06-2010, 06:52 AM
http://www.handybackup.net/handybackup-standard.shtml

It does DVD spanning which is what you want. I looked for a free open source version of something and no go so far.

JGB
01-06-2010, 10:57 PM
http://www.handybackup.net/handybackup-standard.shtml

It does DVD spanning which is what you want. I looked for a free open source version of something and no go so far.

Thanks, exactly what I'm looking for:)