PDA

View Full Version : Chatting on IRC

Ewwwyourface
12-10-2009, 03:44 PM
i went on a sites irc today to get my email reset and i noticed this guy having a conversation with another person

they were asking each other how their day was and this one guy was talking about what he did with his kids today and how his wife doesnt let him drink lol

how can a man with a wife and kids sit on a computer and chat with random ppl on the internet? lmfao

someone explain this wierdness

That1Guy
12-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Maybe he is sitting at work. IMO it isnt any worse than making threads to talk about them here :whistling

Swift
12-10-2009, 03:51 PM
how come wierd person like you come and post in a bt forum how ironic is this?

Ewwwyourface
12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
i have to have real ppl by me at all times lol
lets not turn this into a flame thread now

TrollinThunder
12-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't know whether I should grab a sandwich, nuggets or pizza before I head to my first final. My wife is at work, and she's probably very busy. I know you're a bunch of random people, but I like talking to you about this, so if anyone has any tips that can get to me in the next 10 minutes, please let me know which to choose. I look forward to cracking open a cold beer when I get home. I'll probably turn on the PS3 as I do, so I can slay a little bit on MW2. By the way, I'm allowed to drink, although I often get shit about the amount and frequency of my consumption, particularly about the slight beer belly I've acquired. Anyhow, I can't explain the weirdness you refer to. Maybe you'll understand when you're older.

EDIT: If you have real people by you at all times, why are you being so rude as to post on this forum while they are beside you?

C-mos
12-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I dont see whats wrong in that @ op .

apextwin146
12-10-2009, 05:32 PM
i went on a sites irc today to get my email reset and i noticed this guy having a conversation with another person

they were asking each other how their day was and this one guy was talking about what he did with his kids today and how his wife doesnt let him drink lol

how can a man with a wife and kids sit on a computer and chat with random ppl on the internet? lmfao

someone explain this wierdness
I dont knw whats worse .. The conversation these ppl had or the fact that your Life is so pathetic and empty that you were Evesdropping on a totally lame conversation .. I am dead sure that if you were a part of this conversation you would have just had one or two lines to say " Something totally exciting happened today .. I had to visit several IRCs to reset my Password or email or watever shit "..
But wait ..what is more pathetic is your attempt to take a dig at these ppl which inadvertantly resulted in self pwnage ..
Heres to hollow bittards with no RLF :cheers:

Ewwwyourface
12-10-2009, 05:59 PM
looks like i hit a nerve hahaha

apex how do u consider that a conversation and eavsdropping wtf? eavsdropping requires sound lmfao

i go on irc to get invites and help for my acc u think im about to have a convo with some 40 yr old failure father i dont even like talkin on the phone that much i have to have eye contact with ppl

Enlightened
12-10-2009, 06:04 PM
There are A Lot of abuses and nastiness in the iRC Chat, mostly most Torrent users are in the categories of Teens
The worst one I had ever experienced, was inquiring about my account in SWEDVDR,those "Kids" just makes fun of U, when U needed help,well, payback is a "Bitch", look at what happen to SWEDVDR now.....
Anyways, my point is, it is pretty hard to patrol the iRC, and some of the more "Mature" and helpful Staff are NOT around all the time.....
Worst case scenario, is to let U "Idle" and NOT given Voice
ONLY use the irc, if I really have to.

Totti
12-10-2009, 07:15 PM
There are A Lot of abuses and nastiness in the iRC Chat, mostly most Torrent users are in the categories of Teens
The worst one I had ever experienced, was inquiring about my account in SWEDVDR,those "Kids" just makes fun of U, when U needed help,well, payback is a "Bitch", look at what happen to SWEDVDR now.....
Anyways, my point is, it is pretty hard to patrol the iRC, and some of the more "Mature" and helpful Staff are NOT around all the time.....

I fcking hate it when I go into an irc channel for help and have to wait around until some staff member replies..... for some reason when people are on irc they have an epenis enlargement and fell "Leet" because they are on irc a bunch of fcking kids

Enlightened
12-10-2009, 07:36 PM

I fcking hate it when I go into an irc channel for help and have to wait around until some staff member replies..... for some reason when people are on irc they have an epenis enlargement and fell "Leet" because they are on irc a bunch of fcking kids

I hear U man, :yup::yup::yup::yup:and sometimes Trackers keep encouraging members to join the irc to be "Close" with the community, BUT they fail to "Supervise " or "Patrol" those bunch of Teenagers who frequent their iRC.
When It comes down to it, I rather use the Forum.......:yup::yup::)

Totti
12-10-2009, 07:52 PM

I hear U man, :yup::yup::yup::yup:and sometimes Trackers keep encouraging members to join the irc to be "Close" with the community, BUT they fail to "Supervise " or "Patrol" those bunch of Teenagers who frequent their iRC.
When It comes down to it, I rather use the Forum.......:yup::yup::)

True I mean irc was fun back in the day my friends used to have their own channel and we kicked each other out just for the loughs.... But i still think that if an irc channel is moderated correctly it can be a good way of communicating with one another a darn shame I haven't found a place like that....

Hombre
12-12-2009, 07:33 PM
u should try pussytorrents IRC chanel, it rox. Or if you prefer something more quiet, UK-T is a good one, no one will say anything unpleasant to you.

enoughfakefiles
12-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Should that sig not come with a warning. I'm frothing at the mouth:dabs:

1000possibleclaws
12-13-2009, 07:29 PM
If he was talking about his day and his personal life problems, chances are the both of them knew each other. I would not pour my heart out to random strangers on irc.

Slickerey
12-17-2009, 03:35 AM
That is really awkward IMO.

I don't know of a guy who spends time on teh internets if he has a wife and kids.

The_Martinator
12-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Spending time on the internet? WTF??!!

He should be checking on his wife, making sue she doesn't cheat. After all we know life ends when you get married and have kids. OP, be very afraid!!

Barbarossa
12-18-2009, 11:05 AM
That is really awkward IMO.

I don't know of a guy who spends time on teh internets if he has a wife and kids.

hi. :cool:

Skweeky
12-18-2009, 11:08 AM
I can think of a few...

dvdasacd
12-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I often chat online with fathers of kids who happen to be fellow music fans and file sharers. I have also met up with those people in real life, and they're quite normal, sociable and funny people.

Yes, people who do what we do ARE slightly more geeky than your average, but chatting on the internet doesn't mean you have no life. The examples of which I speak are not IRC whores, and certainly don't spend copious hours on the internet like teenagers might. They are responsable and manage their internet time and have their priorities right.

Making a sweeping assumption like the OP here is plain silly.

Skweeky
12-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Some of us just do it at work. :yes: