PDA

View Full Version : Qucktime Alternative, AVG, Ccleaner & Win7 issue.

mr. nails
12-11-2009, 04:03 AM
quicktime alt runs fine.

ccleaner runs fine.

avg runs fine, but after i install avg then run ccleaner it breaks quicktime.

anyone have this issue? how'd u fix it? lol, don't run ccleaner?

edit*

well, fuck it. after fucking with the 3 probs for hours i just gave up and formatted. lol, no0b! but low and behold the damn thing works now. who knows.

Appzalien
12-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Ccleaner has two tabs, system and programs. Perhaps if you had played with turning cleaning of certain programs off you might have eliminated the problem. But, since reformating fixed the problem, there must have been corruption somewhere causing the issue.

anon
12-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Ccleaner has two tabs, system and programs. Perhaps if you had played with turning cleaning of certain programs off you might have eliminated the problem.

I'd have said the same until he mentioned the formatting thing. It'd have been nice to run a chkdsk on the drive before reinstalling.

Appzalien
12-17-2009, 12:57 AM
You know what I think? AVG targeted some file as dangerous, when it wasn't, and prevented it from functioning without telling you what it was doing. I've had anti-virus throw up a warning and even if I say ignore the program it targeted the file from will not run until I restart the PC and sometimes not until I shut down the AV.