PDA

View Full Version : Gold Playstation 3 Released: 24K Luxury for PS3 Gamers

Darth Sushi
12-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Gold Playstation 3 Released: 24K Luxury for PS3 Gamers
by Tamara McRill , December 11, 2009

" Computer Choppers Releases a $5k Gold PS3 Slim, Can the Average American Afford It?

A 24K gold Playstation 3 Slim has recently been released by Computer Choppers, just barely in time for Christmas. This glitzy gaming system may have avid PS3 gamers salivating, but is probably too high priced for the average teenager or parent. The gold PS3 comes with a whopping $4,999 starting price.

Computer Chopper's website calls the Wednesday launch of their gold Playstation 3 Slim "better late than never." The average parent could be thinking "never" would have suited them fine. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the median American household income in 2008 was $50,303. Median household income is expected to be lower in 2009, due to high unemployment rates. A gold PS3 would cost the average American family roughly a tenth of their pay. This expensive gaming system comes at a time when most children will be lucky to find a basic Playstation 3, currently $299, under the Christmas tree.

If you or your child just want the glam look of a gold Playstation 3, it may be more feasible and fiscally responsible to purchase a gold PS3 skin. These can be found for under $25 and starting at $14.99 on eBay. Gold PS3 plastic skins may not have the same status as a 24K gold plated console, but they won't empty your savings account.

Those who just have to get their hands on a shiny gold Playstation 3 will be happy to know that matching gold controllers come with the hefty price tag. Also included is the customer's choice of a plated or anodized PS3 logo. Computer Choppers is also throwing in a one year full coverage warranty, which should take a little of the stress out of owning such a pricey gaming system.

Further personalization of the gold PS3 is also offered, if you are willing to pay more. Custom PS3 logos are available in chrome, black chrome, rose gold, white gold, 24K gold or platinum. If its bling you are looking for, and you have the cash, diamond PS3 logos are available. Custom plated consoles take 10 to 12 days to build. If you get your order in now, it might make it to you in time for Christmas.

http://www.computer-choppers.com/images/news/24kt-ps3-1.jpg "

:source: Source: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2482520/gold_playstation_3_released_24k_luxury.html?cat=15

Eros-x
12-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Who would.. Who would even..

This is just stupid, who ever buys this should be shot.

brilman
12-12-2009, 05:14 PM
guess if ya suck at the games you could melt it down for the cash :frusty:

xuxoxux
12-12-2009, 09:01 PM
guess if ya suck at the games you could melt it down for the cash :frusty:

I think that is the intended purpose. Though the gold isnt even anywhere near that much in worth... :(

WakeMeUp
12-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Oh, here it is at least a photo.
I ordered it some days ago, but the seller gave me no photo...

:lol:

iLOVENZB
12-12-2009, 11:41 PM
I am a sucker for custom edt, but I think i'll pass on this.

jimmyg123
12-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Who would.. Who would even..

This is just stupid, who ever buys this should be shot.

Your right that's got to be one of the stupidest thing I have ever herd, I mean how many people could they actually get to buy that 24k system. I Have the old PS3 its perfectly fine. It Plays the games but idk stuff like this blows my mind.:lol:

pone44
12-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Does it have diamond buttons? Damn, that is not something i expect to see. Who needs something like that besides someone that has their own video game like Tiger Woods. Would be a trophy. I would be scarred to touch it.

tesco
12-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Just ignoring the price tag, I still don't want it. :sick: I'd rather have it in black.

megabyteme
12-14-2009, 11:53 PM
IDK what you guys are talkin' 'bout, that's the KOOLEST thing EVAR! It matches my front tooth!!!:pimp: