PDA

View Full Version : Any one have an idea about this version ...................................?

alaakoura
12-14-2009, 01:05 AM
Windows.7.Extreme.Edition.x86 ?

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 01:25 AM
avoid such distributions, really. Unless you have some specific use for it, i.e., a netbook or an really old machine, go for a normal ultimate edition.
Even Tiny7 is a POS, because it misses several important components for me, and for netbook users.

alaakoura
12-14-2009, 01:36 AM
avoid such distributions, really. Unless you have some specific use for it, i.e., a netbook or an really old machine, go for a normal ultimate edition.
Even Tiny7 is a POS, because it misses several important components for me, and for netbook users.

For that reason i use this verison Microsoft.Windows.7.ULTIMATE.x86.Integrated.December.2009

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Perfect. I use the x64 version instead, I can't go back to x86 ;)

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 01:47 AM
Cabalo is right. Untouched versions of the Windows OS work much better than those that are edited.

alaakoura
12-14-2009, 02:01 AM
Perfect. I use the x64 version instead, I can't go back to x86 ;)

what is the difference between 86x and 64x ?

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
http://gizmodo.com/5133771/why-you-should-go-64+bit-with-windows-7

brilman
12-14-2009, 03:00 AM
I'll never go back to 32bit. But did ya notice that most programs run under 32bit (x86)? It does seam alot more stuff has come out to take advantage of x64

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Where I notice that the most is using Photoshop 64bits, with heavy images.
It's waaaay smoother.

peat moss
12-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Windows.7.Extreme.Edition.x86 has a bunch of bloatware you " can't " uninstall , stay away from it .

My wife's computer is running Windows.7.Eternity 32 bit very smoothly , she only has 3 gb of memory so thought I'd try it .

Rule of thumb if you have over 4 gb of ram run 64 bit .

zot
12-15-2009, 04:41 AM
I prefer installing an untouched 100% original version of Windows. I've run into problems with edited versions of Windows, such as not being able to update or uninstall pre-loaded applications or update/repair the os from the install-CD. They're fun to try out and play with, but if you want something dependable for day-in/day-out use, I suggest sticking with something as close to the official version as possible. There are valid uses for some of these highly-hacked versions of Windows, such as using a trimmed-down version that will install on old hardware that the official version of the OS won't install or run on. Also, boot-from-CD/DVD WinPE versions are usually mods that come preloaded with lots of software, and they work fine because when running your pc from a live-CD you can't change anything anyway.

Appzalien
12-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes, I also have tried all kinds of flavors of modded releases and usually there will be bugs because the integrator did not know what they were doing exactly. Also they tend to remove stuff you may need and although many of them list in their posts what was removed, unless you know exactly what does what, you may not know you can't use networking until after you install it.

The best releases are the untouched ones, or ones done by someone who has proved their worth like BIE. Unfortunately everyone and his brother says their release is untouched, then they tell you the key is integrated and WMP11 is added as well as IE8, UNTOUCHED MY A!

By the By, did you know if a release has been nlited (XP) and the key integrated but you have a key of your own you wish to use, you can open the iso with ultraiso, search the i386 folder for WINNT.sif, extract and open it with note pad and search for the key and replace it with your own and put it back in the iso and reiso it. I've done it many times and it works flawlessly. Now your XP will install and use YOUR key during the install unattended. Of course the key you use must match the version of XP, corp to corp or home to home etc.

Rart
12-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Heh. I'm still using my nice and reliable Windows RC1 (7100). I do have a retail box of Windows 7 lying around, but I'm far too lazy to upgrade my computer at the moment XD. Are there any noticeable differences that I should be concerned about in Retail that aren't in RC1?