PDA

View Full Version : Really Pissed Off

VIDE-VICI
10-13-2003, 10:19 PM
I've been trying to download Obie Trice - Got Some Teeth, all evening on Kazaa Lite, and all I've got to show for it is high blood pressure, earache and four wanky corrupted copies of the song.

I did my usual thing of restricting my downloads to come from only two users, and I went right down through the search list to find the obscure copies, and I also just went for the ones with a lot of users when I saw that wasn't working. I can only assume that every other copy of this song on Kazaa is fucked.

Finally gave up with K-Lite, switched to WinMX, and got two clean copies straight away. It has reached the stage where it's a waste of time trying to get new songs on K-Lite, hasn't it?

Autumn Fox
10-13-2003, 11:07 PM
Not realy, at all times when i d/l i get good speeds for mp3's and i never had a corupted file.
IMHO you're just expirinecing bad luck :rolleyes:

Switeck
10-14-2003, 02:27 AM
You have to use the RIAA ip blocker in KL++ to its fullest and keep it updated to considerably reduce the chances of getting a corrupted song.

Add this to KL++'s blocklist.txt file if it's not there already:

FAKE MUSIC FILES:38.118.0.0-38.119.255.255

fr600
10-14-2003, 05:42 AM
Read This (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=49358)

Yata
10-14-2003, 08:16 AM
give it a miss mate, you arent missing out on much

N£MO
10-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by VIDE-VICI@13 October 2003 - 22:19
I've been trying to download Obie Trice - Got Some Teeth, all evening on Kazaa Lite, and all I've got to show for it is high blood pressure, earache and four wanky corrupted copies of the song.

I did my usual thing of restricting my downloads to come from only two users, and I went right down through the search list to find the obscure copies, and I also just went for the ones with a lot of users when I saw that wasn't working. I can only assume that every other copy of this song on Kazaa is fucked.

Finally gave up with K-Lite, switched to WinMX, and got two clean copies straight away. It has reached the stage where it's a waste of time trying to get new songs on K-Lite, hasn't it?
It happens,you could always go out and but it :P

junkyardking
10-14-2003, 08:30 AM
The search on kazaa is pretty useless for new things all you get is fakes, if you use it, only use it for old things.

*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»
10-14-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking@14 October 2003 - 08:30
The search on kazaa is pretty useless for new things all you get is fakes, if you use it, only use it for old things.
Go here to section 9 in the index, it will help. (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68372)Thats bs, i am downloading uptodate music all the time, i do get some fakes, but only when i have not done my homework in the search section, use this to help.

VIDE-VICI
10-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the helpful advice, guys. To be honest, I thought I'd just get flamed for posting my frustrations, but I was pleasantly surprised :)

Hey N£MO - Why would I want to 'but' it, when I can get it for free? ;)

junkyardking
10-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by *´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»+14 October 2003 - 08:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö» &#064; 14 October 2003 - 08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@14 October 2003 - 08:30
Go here to section 9 in the index, it will help. (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68372)Thats bs, i am downloading uptodate music all the time, i do get some fakes, but only when i have not done my homework in the search section, use this to help. [/b][/quote]
I havent used k-lite in months, i prefer to get files thought shareaza and bittorent where you dont have to go to the trouble of following a bunch of tips just to get files.