PDA

View Full Version : Stereoscopic Images

Tv Controls you
12-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Lol I was browsing a certain forum when I came upon these images, and thought some people would find interest in them.

The concept is that you will see a 3d image using nothing but the picture I posted and your regular eyes.

It takes some practice but here is a short tutorial on how to view:
1) cross your eyes untill you see 4 images
2) uncross your eyes (from the current state of 4 images),
untill you see 3 images
3) the middle image should be the most clear at this point
4) focus in on the middle image, and it should appear 3d

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8233/1251747007512.jpg

If you do this one right the board on the side should look unbelievably clear.
Also you will have to adjust your distance from your screen to get a clear image.

If everyone likes this I will post more :p:

Alien5
12-20-2009, 03:19 AM
Good, i like 3D images, got some 3D Glasses i'll look at this with them now.

Tv Controls you
12-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Good, i like 3D images, got some 3D Glasses i'll look at this with them now.

Idn if they work lol, but tell me if they do.

there is something called a stereoscope you can use to view them.
But its not a common item lol

Alien5
12-20-2009, 03:23 AM
I get it now, who needs 3D glasses.

Tv Controls you
12-20-2009, 03:36 AM
I get it now, who needs 3D glasses.

you figure it out?

it took me a while to get it down

ovisan
12-20-2009, 06:40 AM
:wacko:

megabyteme
12-22-2009, 01:57 AM
This sort of thing is interesting, at least for a single pic, maybe two, but I would worry about the long-term effects it would have on people's eyes if we were to watch movies this way. I think if you got a headache from it, it would be very severe.

Anyone else remember the Opti-Grab from The Jerk. Bad news...

What is even more interesting are the other optical illusions that only work because of our optical biases and stuff like that. I have only come across a few that had the detailed explanations and maybe others know far more about this than I do.

Tv Controls you
12-22-2009, 02:01 AM
This sort of thing is interesting, at least for a single pic, maybe two, but I would worry about the long-term effects it would have on people's eyes if we were to watch movies this way. I think if you got a headache from it, it would be very severe.

Anyone else remember the Opti-Grab from The Jerk. Bad news...

What is even more interesting are the other optical illusions that only work because of our optical biases and stuff like that. I have only come across a few that had the detailed explanations and maybe others know far more about this than I do.

lol I have a stereoscopic movie but it hurts your eyes.

megabyteme
12-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Is that a video someone made, or is there a special format? Is there a customized player to make it work?

Probably won't get too popular if it hurts everyone's eyes.

Tv Controls you
12-22-2009, 03:11 AM
Is that a video someone made, or is there a special format? Is there a customized player to make it work?

Probably won't get too popular if it hurts everyone's eyes.

No its two images next to each other, you cross your eyes slightly and the image in the middle is 3d.

And no its very unpopular and I came upon it by accident. Its pr0n :naughty:

megabyteme
12-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Although I've never seen any myself, I've heard that stuff can make you go blind. Talk about the double whammy on the eyes! Maybe you should see an optometrist, just in case... :o

:p