PDA

View Full Version : Karate Kid (2009)

The_Martinator
12-24-2009, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxJs9482qys&feature=popt01us09

I have to say, I didn't know Jackie chan could grow a beard. Impressive!

IdolEyes787
12-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Didn't hate the trailer as much as I thought I would but the "kids" are too young to evoke the kind of emotional response this type of film demands.

Other than that the jacket off/off was a nice nod of the hat to wax on /wax off of the original though as was the chopsticks /fly gag.And this is certainly a step up for Jackie Chan from Shanghai Knights and the last several Rush Hours and at least he's believable ( unlike Arnold ) as a marital arts master

Jayden Smith sure do remind me of his father too.
And I miss Elisabeth Shue.:(

Inadvertent rhyming ftw.

Skiz
12-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Jackie Chan is a horrible actor IMO. He's a great martial artist but this role plays so well in the original b/c of the anticipation of when the audience will even get a taste of the sensei's badassery. We don't get that with this film, nor with a well know martial artist playing the part.

I also agree with the kid being too young. Just seems like all around bad casting.

mr. nails
12-24-2009, 08:22 PM
rap in the remake of a karate kid movie with dread locks? gtfo of here. stupid.

The_Martinator
12-24-2009, 09:42 PM
rap in the remake of a karate kid movie with dread locks? gtfo of here. stupid.

Agreed.

Liked the part with the jacket, though, that's true.

Jackie Chan is a good actor, imo. His American isn't good, though, but there are other languages out there. I don't know stuntmen who risk as much, tbh (allthough I'm no expert).

IMO, the movie will be good as long as you don't take it too seriously. Some lulz are certain (including Jackie's attempts at english, an epic line from Rush Hour is: "What's up, my nigga?").

3RA1N1AC
12-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Jackie Chan is a horrible actor IMO.
he is a fairly alright comedian in some of his chinese-speaking roles, but certainly not a good dramatic actor. and in his english-speaking roles he's really weighed down by his imperfect english. his english is basically fluent, but he never sounds like he completely understands the meaning of his dialogue & jokes. example: rush hour series, where he and chris tucker have almost ZERO comedic chemistry because jackie is trying hard just to pronounce his lines correctly while tucker tries to run verbal circles around him so they're never on the same page at all.

ovisan
12-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Definitely a film I will download, watch, seed for 3 days and delete.

armandox
01-01-2010, 11:33 AM
it's no good

Santa
01-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I can trust in jackie Chan to make a movie for kids. All his movies were designed that way. Good for him.

trailer
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-karate-kid-2010/trailer

digital101
01-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Like other remakes--this is going to suck balls.

jhowar4
01-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Yeah. Awful.