PDA

View Full Version : What you get for Christmas?

Ewwwyourface
12-26-2009, 01:47 AM
i got

ps3 games-call of duty mwf2 madden 10
1tb hardrive
100$ cash money
some weed from friends

what u get?

chalice
12-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Your mum. She was shite.

Socks too.

Ewwwyourface
12-26-2009, 02:07 AM
u shouldve told brandon to get u something good

Cabalo
12-26-2009, 02:14 AM
**sigh**
I didn't really want to say this, but the way I see it, the lounge has a lot to do with the state of affairs at the BT section. Some complain it's mostly offtopic there, but they seem to forget that the zone where it's supposed to happen is a constant thrashing of even anyone who tries to post here something has innocuous as a Christmas thread. FFS.

By the way, the comment was funny.

j2k4
12-26-2009, 02:44 AM
On the first day of crispness,
My true love sent to me,
One turkle dove,
Two pounds of ham,
An' a parsnip in a pear tree.

Oh, yeah...Windows 7, too.

megabyteme
12-26-2009, 03:03 AM
i got

ps3 games-call of duty mwf2 madden 10
1tb hardrive
100$ cash money
some weed from friends

what u get?

Nice to hear Toys for Tots was so generous. I've heard it's a good org.

Ewwwyourface
12-26-2009, 05:25 AM
why are u all poor

ovisan
12-26-2009, 08:22 AM
There's no Father Christmas stupido

The_Martinator
12-26-2009, 10:06 AM
I wanted snow. I got rain. Lots and lots. Then I got floods. Happy?

JPaul
12-26-2009, 06:09 PM
**sigh**
I didn't really want to say this, but the way I see it, the lounge has a lot to do with the state of affairs at the BT section. Some complain it's mostly offtopic there, but they seem to forget that the zone where it's supposed to happen is a constant thrashing of even anyone who tries to post here something has innocuous as a Christmas thread. FFS.

So your logic is that people post shite there because they are afraid to post shite here. You give tu quoque a bad name.

Oh and please don't use words like innocuous if you are going to abuse them with nonsense like "...anyone who tries to post here something has innocuous as a Christmas thread"

BTW no-one cares whether people post shite in the BT section. Why not just do your job and fucking delete it, instead of blaming other people who don't even go there. Don't even go there.

chalice
12-26-2009, 06:34 PM
**sigh**

Sorry about that, Dad.

In the fantasy world where you think I actually give 2 fucks about the BT section, I'm sure you think I give 2 fucks about what you have to say. That's where you're wrong. I don't.

Who the fuck are you anyway? :unsure:

Cabalo
12-26-2009, 07:26 PM
/flushes the toilet.

chalice
12-26-2009, 07:30 PM
I'll take that as a victory, then.

:happy:

JPaul
12-26-2009, 07:36 PM
An easily won one at that.

Cabalo
12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
I like people clapping hands when I empty my bowels.
I don't give a fuck what you wannabe oldskoolers think, but this part of the forum isn't your belonging. No matter how long you've been here.
But yet, you seem to be keen on calling tards to all the people who roam "out" there, when you are obviously a big part of the problem.

Sorry, I left the sketch board on the other pants.

Son.

chalice
12-26-2009, 07:45 PM
I don't give a fuck what you wannabe oldskoolers think, but this part of the forum isn't your belonging. No matter how long you've been here.
But yet, you seem to be keen on calling tards to all the people who roam "out" there, when you are obviously a big part of the problem.

Son.

Holy fucking fuck. Big shot Cabalo just got vocal. That's me told.

You are a fucking tard who only reached mod status cos nobody else is thick enough to accept the job.

Did I ever call you a spastic? I must have. Cos you are.

From this point on, you are now my pet spastic-mod.

JPaul
12-26-2009, 08:04 PM

Son.

"wannabe oldskoolers"

Take a fucking look at yourself. It's an internet forum. There is a bit set aside for people to talk shite, so that they don't do it elsewhere. We stick to that, fair do's.

If other people talk shite elsewhere then fucking delete it, that's supposed to be your job. It's them who are causing the problem so deal with that rather than attacking the people who are actually sticking to the rules.

JPaul
12-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh and see the ignore button. It works.

So your argument, if we are to call it that, is crap.

Snee
12-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh and see the ignore button. It works.

It'd work even better if that fucktard reality didn't keep modding up the most useless people possible on my ignore list. Fact.

Snee
12-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Son.

"wannabe oldskoolers"

Take a fucking look at yourself. It's an internet forum. There is a bit set aside for people to talk shite, so that they don't do it elsewhere. We stick to that, fair do's.

If other people talk shite elsewhere then fucking delete it, that's supposed to be your job. It's them who are causing the problem so deal with that rather than attacking the people who are actually sticking to the rules.
We're supposed to care about the well-being of the bittard section. That's my favourite part.

If only we'd wanted it in the first place. If only.

JPaul
12-27-2009, 02:00 PM
"wannabe oldskoolers"

We're supposed to care about the well-being of the bittard section. That's my favourite part.

If only we'd wanted it in the first place. If only.

Care about something which is an anathema, it's so crazy it just might work.

Nah, not really.

The_Martinator
12-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Are you telling me that you only used Kazaa and nothing after that? :P

JPaul
12-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Are you telling me that you only used Kazaa and nothing after that? :P

Is who telling you that :blink:

The_Martinator
12-27-2009, 04:02 PM
No Bittard forum (as you put it) = nowhere to talk about BT and the likes

Sure, anything goes in the lounge, but anything not filesharing related would be my first guess.

PS: You're welcome to post in the BT section as far as I'm concerned, btw. Can't figure out why more of you guys don't really. You don't seem to be offended easily.

PPS: Warning: this post may be viewed as ass-kissing by some (Bittards).

JPaul
12-27-2009, 05:52 PM

Sure, anything goes in the lounge, but anything not filesharing related would be my first guess.

PS: You're welcome to post in the BT section as far as I'm concerned, btw. Can't figure out why more of you guys don't really. You don't seem to be offended easily.

What in the name of fuck are you talking about.

Seriously I have no idea. What has any of that got to do with kazzaa.

I personally have no particular interest in talking about BT, however I also have no problem if anyone else does. Cool.

clocker
12-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I personally have no particular interest in talking about BT, however I also have no problem if anyone else does. Cool.
Your benevolence is overwhelming.
You'd make an excellent diety.

JPaul
12-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Your benevolence is overwhelming.
You'd make an excellent diety.

Evening hardware guy.

I thought it only fair when the chap had posted

"PS: You're welcome to post in the BT section as far as I'm concerned, btw. Can't figure out why more of you guys don't really. You don't seem to be offended easily."

So a, I was returning the compliment and b, I was answering the implied question.

Always happy to read your particular form of sarcastic input, old bean. The way you do it whilst completely failing to melt butter in your mouth is really a rather good trick. Keep up the good work.

clocker
12-27-2009, 06:13 PM
And Merry Christmas to you, good sir.

JPaul
12-27-2009, 06:15 PM
And Merry Christmas to you, good sir.

And a happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you and yours.

The_Martinator
12-27-2009, 06:29 PM

Good to know. It sure didn't seem that way to me.
As for my post not having any sense, this board was started as a Kazaa board, right? Makes sense now?

JPaul
12-27-2009, 06:51 PM

Good to know. It sure didn't seem that way to me.
As for my post not having any sense, this board was started as a Kazaa board, right? Makes sense now?

Yeah but who actually said, or even implied that they had only ever used kazzaa.

The_Martinator
12-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Now I have to say: What in the name of fuck are you talking about?

I never said that you (they) only used Kazzaa. IDK what you used or do use, but my guess is that you at some point talked about Kazzaa and do not wish to talk about BT. IDK if you guys use BT, though, but my guess would be yes, at least some of you.

JPaul
12-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Now I have to say: What in the name of fuck are you talking about?

I never said that you (they) only used Kazzaa. IDK what you used or do use, but my guess is that you at some point talked about Kazzaa and do not wish to talk about BT. IDK if you guys use BT, though, but my guess would be yes, at least some of you.

Yeah but that doesn't mean I want to talk about it, or ask strangers to invite me onto private sites. against the wishes of the people who run them.

Mr. Mulder
12-27-2009, 09:02 PM
i got sawks (obviousment), 2 cewk bewks, some joop, a kelly brook calendar, a couple of jumpers, some booze and the misses got me a wii game wot came with a wii zapper, good times :smilie4:

...do any of you cawks know where's doing tellys cheep lyke? I'm after 32 inches ( :kiss: ), this is looking like a good deal thus far http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/9481062/Toshiba-Regza-AV-Series-32-quot-32AV615DB-HD-Ready-Freeview-LCD-TV/Product.html

JPaul
12-27-2009, 09:07 PM
I got a Samsung from comet for £329. I think it's £299 now. Good wee telly at the price.

JPaul
12-27-2009, 09:10 PM
If you like Toshiba this is £299

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/526436/TOSHIBA-32AV615DB?cm_sp=FeatureEnd-_-LCD,_Plasma_&_LED_TVs-_-position

Mr. Mulder
12-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Noice! and Furty two inches! I don't think my eyes can even see that wide! :o

Mr. Mulder
12-27-2009, 10:51 PM
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Displays/Televisions/32/32%22+HANNSpree+HANNSlounge+LCD+HD+TV+?productId=38133

wat? :o is that a good'un? :o

Proper Bo
12-28-2009, 06:32 AM
No, it won't be 1080p.
The one JP linked to isn't either but it's a similar model to the 1080p 37" one I bought the other week (£438), I'm happy with mine so far, like.

JPaul
12-28-2009, 01:52 PM
No, it won't be 1080p.
The one JP linked to isn't either but it's a similar model to the 1080p 37" one I bought the other week (£438), I'm happy with mine so far, like.

Good point. The Samsung is a 720p but as Virgin won't be broadcasting in 1080 that doesn't really matter to me. I've got a 32'' and a 22'' which do 1080 but like I said it doesn't really make any difference to me for the tv watching. If you want it for gaming you should get a 1080, with as a high a contrast ratio as possible.

j2k4
12-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Back off-topic, I've always wondered, having done a bit o' torrenting (do you see what I did there) myself, why I am not compelled to hold forth on any of the allegedly co-relevant fronts anywhere on this board, much less in a section set aside especially for that purpose, yet those who habituate BT do so with such a genuinely religious ferocity.

Funny how things concocted to facilitate a free procurement cause such a brouhaha.

Ha.

JPaul
12-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Exactly

Snee
12-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Back off-topic, I've always wondered, having done a bit o' torrenting (do you see what I did there) myself, why I am not compelled to hold forth on any of the allegedly co-relevant fronts anywhere on this board, much less in a section set aside especially for that purpose, yet those who habituate BT do so with such a genuinely religious ferocity.
Oh, oh, I know the answer to this one.

It's cos they're a pack of morons, innit?

JPaul
12-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Exactly

Artemis
12-29-2009, 12:58 AM

Well if you mean morons in the literal sense, i.e. having only a single track mind then I have to concur, but the religious zealotry stems more from a belief that they will somehow be more 1337 if they shout louder (it doesn't necessarily have to make any sense, it just has to be LOUD) and if they are the latest B.M.O.C. then they must be cool, and then the next thought that wanders through the hamster furiously running on his little wheel is that if they are this cool then they must go off to quell the barbarians in the lounge and convert them..........little do they know, they are cannibals!

JPaul
12-29-2009, 01:28 AM

Well if you mean morons in the literal sense, i.e. having only a single track mind then I have to concur, but the religious zealotry stems more from a belief that they will somehow be more 1337 if they shout louder (it doesn't necessarily have to make any sense, it just has to be LOUD) and if they are the latest B.M.O.C. then they must be cool, and then the next thought that wanders through the hamster furiously running on his little wheel is that if they are this cool then they must go off to quell the barbarians in the lounge and convert them..........little do they know, they are cannibals!

Zealousness.

vrich187
12-29-2009, 02:04 AM
Wow. I got a C-Note from mom.

Snee
12-29-2009, 02:11 AM
Not even a full chord?

How very cheap :dry:

Snee
12-29-2009, 02:13 AM

Then again, it takes a full-on retard to not know he's a cannibal.

I mean, I'd like to think there are tells of some sort, for that kind of thing.

Artemis
12-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Then again, it takes a full-on retard to not know he's a cannibal.

I mean, I'd like to think there are tells of some sort, for that kind of thing.

I meant that (some) lounge denizens are cannibals, witness chavis, he can get through 8-10 bit tards a day no problem.

Snee
12-29-2009, 11:51 AM
:o

What a hilarious misunderstanding.

:rolleyes:

The_Martinator
12-29-2009, 02:13 PM
I don't think torrenting (or talking about it here) makes me somehow more 1337. If anything, it makes me more average since most members here do it. And I'm not shouting, just asking questions. If you guys don't want to answer then don't. If it makes you feel good if you answer in some cryptic language, trying to twist my words, yet telling nothing, so be it. This is the lounge and contrary to what most BT people think, it's next to impossible to really be insulted online. At least I can't be.

j2k4
12-29-2009, 07:02 PM
What.

Totti
12-29-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't think torrenting (or talking about it here) makes me somehow more 1337. If anything, it makes me more average since most members here do it. And I'm not shouting, just asking questions. If you guys don't want to answer then don't. If it makes you feel good if you answer in some cryptic language, trying to twist my words, yet telling nothing, so be it. This is the lounge and contrary to what most BT people think, it's next to impossible to really be insulted online. At least I can't be.

The day I feel insulted online I will shoot myself in shame

JPaul
12-29-2009, 07:16 PM

The day I feel insulted online I will shoot myself in shame

That would be a bit harsh. Don't you think having a right good figurative look at yourself, and perhaps analysing your lifestyle choices might be a more appropriate response.

Artemis
12-31-2009, 10:13 AM

is torrenting the new in word for masturbation ? :blink:

The_Martinator
12-31-2009, 12:03 PM

is torrenting the new in word for masturbation ? :blink:

If I were shouting, I'd have had Caps Lock on... :naughty:

Skweeky
12-31-2009, 06:36 PM
I got a camera, Chanel perfume, a pair of pearl hairclips (shut up mulder), a digital photography masterclass book, some bath stuff, some smelly stuff, cash and some new clothes.

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I got a scalextrix. True story.

WakeMeUp
01-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I got a scalextrix. True story.

Seems pretty decent. No new incontinence pad this year?
Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 10:48 AM
:eyebrows:

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I also got a remote control mini-helicopter thingy, a stylophone, and a rubik's 360 puzzle (completed on boxing day)

WakeMeUp
01-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Rubik is a big waste of time.
Throw it out the window and you'll be more happy than ever, trust me.

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Well I'm quite happy now, having completed it and put it away in a cupboard :unsure:

Skweeky
01-04-2010, 11:07 AM
What's a stylophone?

WakeMeUp
01-04-2010, 11:10 AM
I read "xylophone"...
however is a digital music instrument. Could be useful for example with Ableton or something like that i guess.

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 11:15 AM
http://www.gadgetsandgizmos.org/wp-content/uploads/stylophone.jpg

Skweeky
01-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Ah I see, what masterpieces have you composed so far?

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 11:22 AM
The theme from "Star Wars", "Auld Lang Syne", and "Danny Boy" :happy:

(only the instructions for how to play Danny Boy were in the leaflet)

Stylophones are ace. They were massive in the 1960's.

When I say massive, I don't mean they were any different in size, like. Just very very popular.

"Telstar" by The Tornadoes was played on a stylophone. I think. Also the Beach Boys used them. Maybe.

Skweeky
01-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I am going to get the husband one for this birthday next month. It looks like the sort off useless thing he would like.

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 11:25 AM
"Telstar" by The Tornadoes was played on a stylophone. I think. Also the Beach Boys used them. Maybe.

Actually I just checked and both these statements are false :(

Skweeky
01-04-2010, 11:26 AM
You cunt. You lying cunt.

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 11:28 AM
No it's the truth! They're definitely both false :O

Skweeky
01-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't believe you anymore :snooty:

PS: happy 11000th post to me!

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Hmm, yes.

I also had one of these.

http://www.giftsguideuk.com/addictaballs/

Now that is something that is DEFINITELY ending up out of the window at some point :angry:

Skweeky
01-04-2010, 11:34 AM
That looks like fun. Give it to me!

Barbarossa
01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Not until I've done it :frusty:

WakeMeUp
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Hmm, yes.

I also had one of these.

http://www.giftsguideuk.com/addictaballs/

Now that is something that is DEFINITELY ending up out of the window at some point :angry:

Looks very entertaining :D