PDA

View Full Version : Little help please? It is Christmas after all... :)

jkerr33
12-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Hey!
Okay let me begin by saying this isn’t spam, so please don’t just disregard it!

I really don’t want to sound like a pain in the ass but if anyone has a spare couple of minutes (it probably won’t even take you 2 minutes) could you PLEASE fill out this tiny little questionnaire to help me with my dissertation for uni?
I’ve had a think about how I can effectively collect the best data and decided that forums were the way to go.

So without further ado, here is the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FGD2YGT
And if you take the time to fill this out then THANK YOU, I truly appreciate it :)

anon
12-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Just finished it. :)

Some people use more than one P2P network/protocol, so it'd be good if question 9 allowed you to pick more than one option, unless you want to know what people use the most.

JPaul
12-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Completed.

I more use the usenets though if I'm honest.

Cabalo
12-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Completed it too.
Out of curiosity, to which subject are you going to use this data for ?

Glitterstep
12-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Done..

Totti
12-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Finished :) what subject is this for?

Alien5
12-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Done

I love a survey that's over in less than 5 minutes.

LOL @ Grokster.

Rart
12-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Done :).

I would also have to agree with JPaul, Usenet is a major method of file sharing absent from the survey.

Also, it felt like the survey focused a lot on Music as the primary reason for using filesharing. I don't know if I'm perhaps just the minority, but music is one of the things that I download the least and couldn't really answer those accurately.

Anyway, good luck. Be sure to share with us your results!

megabyteme
12-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Glad to help out a fellow student! A lot of the questions were focused on music. However, I usually don't typically use p2p for music. I simply prefer other types of media for entertainment/education. Questions regarding various other activities may bring different results.

JPaul
12-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Done :).

I would also have to agree with JPaul, Usenet is a major method of file sharing absent from the survey.

Also, it felt like the survey focused a lot on Music as the primary reason for using filesharing. I don't know if I'm perhaps just the minority, but music is one of the things that I download the least and couldn't really answer those accurately.

Anyway, good luck. Be sure to share with us your results!

I rarely download music at all now, movies and tv mostly with the occasional audiobook. It's always usenet unless I can't find it there. I find BT better for older stuff, but as I have most of that, at least the stuff I want it's really quite rare.

jkerr33
12-29-2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks everyone, you're all awesome :D

@Cabalo and Totti, the subject I do at university is Business Information Management, it basically encorporates everything IT related, and for our dissertation we were allowed to choose anything in the field of IT. Because p2p interests me I decided to look at that, and how it is/could affect the music industry. Not very original I know, but we were encouraged to choose something that would keep us interested for an entire year :)

@Rart and Jpaul, I decided to focus my paper on the music industry alone, as I felt trying to look at the entertainment industry as a whole would be too wide considering the limited time we have to write this. Who knows, maybe I'll stay on to do a masters and expand it though!

Thanks again everyone who responded, and it was interesting to read your thhoughts here aswell!

I will need more replies before I can evaluate my findings, but it was interesting to see at a glance that so far out of the 75 respondants, 67 of them have been male!!

Snee
12-29-2009, 12:36 AM
I will need more replies before I can evaluate my findings, but it was interesting to see at a glance that so far out of the 75 respondants, 67 of them have been male!!
Welcome to the internet. I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

or

You're a girl, right? :unsure:

jkerr33
12-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Thanks, yeah I'm a girl haha :)

Snee
12-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Sometimes, it's like I'm psychic.

Good luck with it, anyhow. May you ace the course, and so forth.

Alien5
12-29-2009, 02:06 AM

@Cabalo and Totti, the subject I do at university is Business Information Management, it basically encorporates everything IT related, and for our dissertation we were allowed to choose anything in the field of IT. Because p2p interests me I decided to look at that, and how it is/could affect the music industry. Not very original I know, but we were encouraged to choose something that would keep us interested for an entire year :)

@Rart and Jpaul, I decided to focus my paper on the music industry alone, as I felt trying to look at the entertainment industry as a whole would be too wide considering the limited time we have to write this. Who knows, maybe I'll stay on to do a masters and expand it though!

Thanks again everyone who responded, and it was interesting to read your thhoughts here aswell!

how many people tell the truth in Surveys?

Snee
12-29-2009, 02:10 AM
Dunno. Someone should do a survey about that.

jkerr33
12-29-2009, 06:28 PM

how many people tell the truth in Surveys?

Well that will be one of the things I can talk about in my methodology :)

Snee
12-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Luckily, JP was around to help you with that sort of thing.

See? (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-do-you-tell-the-truth-in-surveys-385700)

Skweeky
01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I completed it as well, that's another female to add to the stats :D

Artemis
01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Welcome to the internet. I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

or

You're a girl, right? :unsure:

Could it be the name Jacqueline Kerr on the survey that gave it away ? :blink: