PDA

View Full Version : big spikes in usenet

0990pollp
12-29-2009, 02:23 AM
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8167/sabnzbd.jpg

This happens when downloading something with sabnzbd, I created a nzb and downloaded it to harddrive, the opened it with sabnzbd.

should this be the way it is?

Beck38
12-29-2009, 02:29 AM
Depends.. are you running anything else, like a web browser? LOTS of web pages 'grab' CPU cycles via 'add-ons' and such, and I don't know how that particular newsreader 'pages' out its' data to the hard drive.

If nothing else is running, then perhaps that the news-reader paging data from the program/ram to the HD.

0990pollp
12-29-2009, 02:34 AM
Depends.. are you running anything else, like a web browser? LOTS of web pages 'grab' CPU cycles via 'add-ons' and such, and I don't know how that particular newsreader 'pages' out its' data to the hard drive.

If nothing else is running, then perhaps that the news-reader paging data from the program/ram to the HD.

that is the network load not cpu load, cpu is not overloaded.
cahce, donwload and extract folders all go to the 1 external harddrive but that should not be the problem as it gets 20mb/sec via usb.

also sabnzbd is slow as hell when browsing in ff in the sabnzbd app.

SonsOfLiberty
12-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Might not just run well on your OS/setup/hardware.

ericab
12-29-2009, 06:32 PM
please turn off realtime antivirus features.

tesco
12-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Is that 25/50% of a 100mbps ethernet connection?
What is your internet connection speed?

I'm going to guess that you have 25-30mbps, and in sabnzbd you have too few (maybe jsut one) connections set up for your ng provider. If I am right then setup more connections and your speed will level off at the maximum.