PDA

View Full Version : How can I develop my ear in order to make music?

Adamsom
12-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Hi All,

I have practiced the scales a lot but I am not able to relate it to the music. What do I do? Do I listen to instrumental music? is there any way to determine which note is to be played for a particuler word in the song? please help me bcoz i have lost confidence and have stopped practicing the guitar.

(http://www.bipra.com/cat-684-laptopsdesktoppcs.aspx)

Afronaut
01-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Well, one trick is to sing and play what you sing, or hum, or whistle.
Don't think about it too much. Record what you do and listen. Pick up the parts you like
and go from there.

iLOVENZB
01-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Back when I did music as an elective in high school the teacher played a piece on a piano or keyboard, then s(he) gave us the starting note, we had to decipher the steps/leaps used.

eg. Starts at C and then goes to D, then F. We had to decipher the notes :). I haven't played the guitar since i was 8 so I don't know if this is relevant.

Afronaut
01-14-2010, 12:17 PM
I don't think it matters what instrument you play, well maybe percussion is out for this type of stuff.

But, for me as guitar player, transcribing other music has helped a lot too,
maybe that has been the best for me.

I started playing before teh internets and tabs was about, so the only way to learn was by somebody teaching or by ear.

camron
01-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Try to download and listen to perfect pitch ear training supercourse. I think I saw some RS links for it.

boomsat
03-17-2010, 01:38 PM
best way to train the ear is with one piano then u put some music playing and try to figure what notes he is playing the trick is to try to play a note and then to try to understand if the note is higher or lower

also to create some songs of ur own u just need to know how to play some chords and to do nice lyrics its easy

Jimmy24
03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Music theory isn't hard to learn, but as for relating it to music I think it's a combination of practice and natural talent. Are you talking more about difficulty with song writing and the creative process?

neorejb
03-30-2010, 05:05 PM
just listen to a-lot of music. and not just listen but listen with a high focus!