PDA

View Full Version : How do people get into FTN?

Pages : 1 [2]

bumrocks
01-22-2010, 06:43 AM
Try the recruitment thread at FTWR...

IdolEyes787
01-22-2010, 01:58 PM
or just relativize/dedramatize the use of this word :idunno:
How do you purpose to do that? It's not like Carlin and the 7 words.
Certain things need universal agreement for realization .You can't wlak around saying, for example the N word ,until you are absoluting sure that the vast majority of people are fine with it. This historically takes a long period of time.

You know I just thought of one unarguably good thing about FST.Some wanker comes here looking for an invite and inadvertently runs ahead on some full blown off topic discussion and may walk away learning or at least thinking about something other than SCC is level 5 and I can't get an invite.

I like off topic ,it's not like anyone is going and hanging out in The Drawing Room.

Artemis
01-22-2010, 08:13 PM
.....You know I just thought of one unarguably good thing about FST.Some wanker comes here looking for an invite and inadvertently runs ahead on some full blown off topic discussion and may walk away learning or at least thinking about something other than SCC is level 5 and I can't get an invite.

I like off topic ,it's not like anyone is going and hanging out in The Drawing Room.

Little hint, thought, call it what you will, but who the fuck seriously hangs out in a drawing room in this day & age? The concept is so staid it's almost a statue, your physically scaring most of the punters off with the fuddy duddiness of the concept (fuddy duddity ?). Something from the latter part of the 20th century at least might engage some interest ?

SAM
01-23-2010, 12:49 PM
sometimes i hang out in the drawing room.

IdolEyes787
01-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes but you don't limit yourself to it. I think the point is discussions are appropriate anywhere and people shouldn't be afraid to say whatever is on their mind just because in some random stranger's opinion it may not be the exact definition of a section.
I assure you no one will be penalized for simply being off topic.If the need warrants their post can easily be moved elsewhere.

SAM
01-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Yes but you don't limit yourself to it. I think the point is discussions are appropriate anywhere and people shouldn't be afraid to say whatever is on their mind just because in some random stranger's opinion it may not be the exact definition of a section.
I assure you no one will be penalized for simply being off topic.If the need warrants their post can easily be moved elsewhere.
Idol,give me a kiss will you?:naughty:

IdolEyes787
01-23-2010, 03:01 PM
No ,but you can come and help me hook up my surround sound if you like.:pinch:

Idol

:stupid:

SAM
01-23-2010, 03:07 PM
baby,you come to the right guy show me the system and i'll surround it

user12345
01-24-2010, 03:15 PM
tbh, i think i desetve a ftn for just making a thread with so much useless info

kalle66
02-05-2010, 10:39 PM
i was member on this site but the site got hacked by some guy from israel and i lost my acount and dont ask me why i couldn't get it back by using my email add because it's so embarrassing to tell. anyway the site was tooo slow and download speed was even slower and i don't know why ppl are tring to get to that site SCT was 100000 time better then FTN ! trust me.

anon
02-05-2010, 10:42 PM
i was member on this site but the site got hacked by some guy from israel and i lost my acount and dont ask me why i couldn't get it back by using my email add because it's so embarrassing to tell.

Tried IRC?

IdolEyes787
02-05-2010, 11:03 PM
anyway the site was tooo slow and download speed was even slower and i don't know why ppl are tring to get to that site SCT was 100000 time better then FTN ! trust me.

The fixed the problem with the site being slow and personally I've never found the download speed to be anything less than acceptable . Besides you can't fairly compare a site with considerably fewer members like FTN to something with considerably more ScT.
Now if you want to compare ScT to something like TL or IPT great but you find that ( fanboys to the contrary) ScT wasn't anything that special either.

user12345
02-05-2010, 11:23 PM
more TL seems to have loaddds more stuff then ScT althoughly iv always maxed my speed on both.
but ScT forums are way better, and i loved their freeleech.

IdolEyes787
02-05-2010, 11:43 PM
but ScT forums are way better

That's totally subjective and as for FL IPT has lots and I hear FTN even more than lots.

bumrocks
02-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Through a recruitment thread at a site that no longer exists...At least how I did!

ca_aok
02-06-2010, 05:24 AM
^^ Yeah I was quite surprised to see that upon promotion. RIP :(

user12345
02-06-2010, 02:28 PM
starting to be wayyyyy to much hassle to get in.
i remember like 4-5 years ago, i had a FTN invite and went to the sign up page and didnt sign up, no lies lol. thought TL looked better.

i cba with it anymore.

P2PDog
02-06-2010, 02:34 PM
starting to be wayyyyy to much hassle to get in.
i remember like 4-5 years ago, i had a FTN invite and went to the sign up page and didnt sign up, no lies lol. thought TL looked better.

i cba with it anymore.

http://www./forums/topics.aspx?ID=2748&subject=Need-FTN (http://www.btracs.com/forums/topics.aspx?ID=2748&subject=Need-FTN)

:whistling

user12345
02-06-2010, 02:36 PM
:whistling
im giving up now i said, as every who says they got ftn seems to lie

IdolEyes787
02-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Just curious why did you want to be a member so badly in the first place?

user12345
02-06-2010, 02:46 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-need-ftn-391169
i also posted there just you let you know :). i know know trading is bad but i really cant see myself getting one in the invite sction when everyone who iv seen ask for one since i joined didnt get one.

i just thought it like GFT with more seeders, torrents and an actual active forum which tbh is great. i also like ratioless trackers as all i need to do is leave torrents seeding and not have to reach 1:! ratio.

basically, lots of seeders, ratioless, torrents and forums look great.

IdolEyes787
02-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Better answer than most.:)
Invites seem to have all but dried up so probably a good idea , at least for the time being ,to forget about it.
Strangely now that you can't get one by donating the donations are way down too .Probably just a coincidence.:rolleyes:

Btw no insult to FTN intended but how does pointlessly downloading /seeding for the minimal couple days on a gig line so that they have some ridiculous upload amount make someone a better member than a person who regularly donates? :unsure:

tjbzonasul
02-06-2010, 02:55 PM
I am waiting for a miracle - getting in FTN - for the last 2 years...

P2PDog
02-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Seriously dude, you post stuff like this and you wonder why nobody will invite you to FTN?

http://www./forums/topics.aspx?ID=2683 (http://www.btracs.com/forums/topics.aspx?ID=2683)

You weren't very nice to the people who invited you to any of the sites you listed there.

IdolEyes787
02-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I guess I was wrong then FTN is just worth more.
Care to explain that user12345?

user12345
02-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Seriously dude, you post stuff like this and you wonder why nobody will invite you to FTN?

http://www.btracs.com/forums/topics.aspx?ID=2683

You weren't very nice to the people who invited you to any of the sites you listed there.

i locked that thread about 20 min after i opened it for a reason, i dont want to do that, it was a mistake.

im not going to be interigated by you for no reason, either way, it does not matter to me.

susiserken
02-06-2010, 03:03 PM
i also posted there just you let you know :). i know know trading is bad but i really cant see myself getting one in the invite sction when everyone who iv seen ask for one since i joined didnt get one.

You think trading is bad, yet you put invites up for sale wich is even worse imo :rolleyes:

System
02-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I am waiting for a miracle - getting in FTN - for the last 2 years...

and me also !

user12345
02-06-2010, 03:07 PM

You think trading is bad, yet you put invites up for sale wich is even worse imo :rolleyes:

as stated, yes thats my bad but i closed it right away because i know it was a stupid idea and i asked a mod to delete it but he didnt, that was right after some1 screwed me over a FTN invite and i left like getting my money back after i sent him loads of invites.

thats why im giving up, its just a site at the end of the day, stuff like TL has decent stuff too.

IdolEyes787
02-06-2010, 03:09 PM

http://www.btracs.com/forums/topics.aspx?ID=2683

Btw what a fucking vile place .

as stated, yes thats my bad but i closed it right away because i know it was a stupid idea and i asked a mod to delete it but he didnt, that was right after some1 screwed me over a FTN invite and i left like getting my money back after i sent him loads of invites.

thats why im giving up, its just a site at the end of the day, stuff like TL has decent stuff too.

Far as I know it would be impossible to get cheated out of money if you don't try to buy an invite.:ermm:

Cabalo
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Ban him already mate.

edit: and I thought TI was pure crap. Christ, what a place...

That1Guy
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
that was right after some1 screwed me over a FTN invite and i left like getting my money back after i sent him loads of invites.

What "money back"?

user12345
02-06-2010, 03:19 PM
yes it was my fault trying to trade for FTN and my fault i lost my money i sent on the invites i wanted to use to get FTN.
But i quickly, locked that because it was such a stupid idea.

That1Guy
02-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah, whatever. Its a shame that that site now looks like a trade/sell site though. Back when I was a noob I remember it being a pretty cool site to see what was open.

Cabalo
02-06-2010, 03:26 PM
yes it was my fault trying to trade for FTN and my fault i lost my money i sent on the invites i wanted to use to get FTN.

Locked doesn't mean people can't see it and contact you. And obviously you've shown to be receptive to offers.
Why don't you just delete it, remove all text and any references?

IdolEyes787
02-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I guess we are into the old debate if someone does something elsewhere on the internet should they then be held accountable here?

In my opinion the most determining reason is do his/her actions present any possible consequence to people here? which in the case of dishonesty to the degree of invite buying/selling obviously it does.
Therefore sorry user12345 but you are now DPed .Feel free enjoy the other sections of FST at your leisure ...not that there is much chance of that happening..

Alternatively stick around long enough and rebuild some trust in that isn't the type of person that really are and there is always the possibility that you may one day be re-enabled. here.

user12345
02-06-2010, 03:36 PM
you cant edit the original post :/
and seriously, just look at the post times, my second post was an attempt to edit my first but it ended up as a quote, i tried to delete that thread at most 20 min after posts as i know its a bad thing to do.

anyway, im done with trading as it was killing too much time.
i understand i cant be trusted as i did post that thread and it is probably a good idea to DP me from your point of view but i do find it a little harsh DP'ing me for something i did on another site and something i immediately closed.
its like me cheating on something like amazon market and being banned on ebay.

QPD
02-06-2010, 03:48 PM
and seriously, just look at the post times, my second post was an attempt to edit my first but it ended up as a quote, i tried to delete that thread at most 20 min after posts as i know its a bad thing to do.

i understand i cant be trusted as i did post that thread and it is probably a good idea to DP me from your point of view but i do find it a little harsh DP'ing me for something i did on another site and something i immediately closed.
its like me cheating on something like amazon market and being banned on ebay.

But this doesn't extempt you for being DP' ed
Just be happy you still have a chance.

P2PDog
02-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Btw what a fucking vile place .

I couldn't agree more. Now that the point has been made, I've edited out the direct link. I don't think they need any more publicity than they already get. Feel free to edit out the links in any posts that were quoted, if you like.

That1Guy
02-06-2010, 03:51 PM
If you "cheated" on amazon, the least of your problems would be being "banned" on ebay. The boys in blue would be a bigger concern.

And actually Im sure if ebay KNEW that someone was using fraudulent cards or something, they wouldnt let you buy either.

P2PDog
02-06-2010, 03:58 PM

Hopefully, you're serious about that and you take the advice that's been given to you by some knowledgeable members here.

its like me cheating on something like amazon market and being banned on ebay.Did you get your TL, SCC, TorrentVault, GFT, PTM, and DH invites from there? Why don't you ask the people who invited you to those sites if they think your DP is fair?

user12345
02-06-2010, 04:07 PM
iv got DP and i dont really mind.
but i closed that thread asap as i know its a bad idea P2PDog and never bought/sold so whats your problem? you saying anything now is not changeing anything.
my was my mistake, i tried to remove it asap so why are you trying to have a little rant?

P2PDog
02-06-2010, 04:20 PM
but i closed that thread asap as i know its a bad idea P2PDog and never bought/sold so whats your problem? you saying anything now is not changeing anything.
my was my mistake, i tried to remove it asap so why are you trying to have a little rant?

I'm not ranting at all.

Why didn't you answer my questions?

Where did you get your TL, SCC, TorrentVault, GFT, PTM, and DH invites from?
When you were invited to those places did you tell your inviter that you might one day sell them in an effort to get into a "better" site?

That1Guy
02-06-2010, 04:22 PM
but i closed that thread asap as i know its a bad idea P2PDog and never bought/sold so whats your problem?

You said you wanted to your money back. So you at least tried to buy/sell.

slymester
02-06-2010, 04:36 PM
I wonder if this is him too.
http://forums.torrent-finder.com/showpost.php?p=17328&postcount=80

Lol he edited it from saying he wants money for FTN to saying that he needs FTN.

IdolEyes787
02-06-2010, 05:00 PM
McAfee site advisor:unsure:

forums.torrent-finder.com/showpost.p
hp?p=17328 may cause a breach of browser security.

Why were you redirected to this page?
When we tested forums.torrent-finder.com/showpost.p
hp?p=17328, it attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test computer by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your computer.

QPD
02-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Idol...be a little more specific!

ca_aok
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM
McAfee site advisor:unsure:

forums.torrent-finder.com/showpost.p
hp?p=17328 may cause a breach of browser security.

Why were you redirected to this page?
When we tested forums.torrent-finder.com/showpost.p
hp?p=17328, it attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test computer by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your computer.
This is why if you aren't using NoScript, you should be ;)

IdolEyes787
02-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Idol...be a little more specific!

That's all it says and all I know . Maybe ask anon-sbi or somebody else who knows more about security.