PDA

View Full Version : PeerBlock (the new PeerGuardian 2)

mr. nails
01-01-2010, 06:24 AM
was looking around for sum PG2 info with win7 and found this little guy. A LOT of bug fixes from PG2 to this. it's an active project from the same ppl who did PG2 that works with vista, vista64, win7 & win7 64. i still use PG2 (it's my placebo), so hearing about PB i jumped on. works just like PG2 and is faster! those who use PG2 or stopped cuz of incompatibility issues here's the new and improved version.

PeerBlock (http://www.peerblock.com)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

anon
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
PeerBlock (http://www.peerblock.com)

Last time I tried PG on my computer, if you closed the it the driver would lock up, and I'd have to restart my PC for it to work again. The included "repair" tool wouldn't do anything, either - so I dropped PG in favor of P2PFire before I stopped using global IP blocking.

Rart
01-01-2010, 05:26 PM
(it's my placebo)

^^

null
01-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I stopped using PG2 once I upgraded to Vista, and when I upgraded to Windows 7 (recently) I found this. It says it's working, so I feel somewhat "safer". Even though I don't know much about PB, it'd be my first recommendation to anyone looking for IP blocking software, especially when dealing with P2P.

anon
01-01-2010, 06:02 PM
It says it's working

If you're using the official blocklist, you can check this by trying to visit RIAA.org. If it doesn't load, it's working.

null
01-01-2010, 10:12 PM
It says it's working

If you're using the official blocklist, you can check this by trying to visit RIAA.org. If it doesn't load, it's working.

Yeah, that worked. I must have selected too much to block since things like TPB or college websites are getting blocked too :pinch:

anon
01-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah, that worked. I must have selected too much to block since things like TPB or college websites are getting blocked too :pinch:

Perhaps you also blocked educational IP ranges?

peat moss
01-02-2010, 12:12 AM
I'v never used a peer blocker but this one seems ok with just the official list blocked .

I'm curious about some that are blocked like Cricket Com , I do see Recording Ind. tho and glad that's blocked . Thanx Nails

Strange how it blocks ForumW , I just click allow for 15 minutes and browse away .

anon
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Strange how it blocks ForumW , I just click allow for 15 minutes and browse away .

The "allow ports 80/443" setting comes useful for this... you can browse sites hosted on offending IP ranges, but all communication on other ports will keep on being blocked.

AdrianPhoto
01-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Recently PG2 is causing me some problems

anon
01-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Then switch to PeerBlock. :rolleyes: