PDA

View Full Version : Up in da Air

Santa
01-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Got rave rewiews.
It is a piece of shit.
They should not have used cloney but without him it would not have got rave reviews.

It tried to be deep yet it said nothing.

I got it for my lover, even she was disappointed.
Why the amazing reviews?

IdolEyes787
01-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Because it is good and you fail to see that.

db_la_23
01-06-2010, 02:15 AM
ya i also liked the movie.

seenaxes
01-07-2010, 02:48 AM
I thought it was a very good movie. Clooney was great. I'm sorry you can't appreciate it.

Tv Controls you
01-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Got rave rewiews.
It is a piece of shit.
They should not have used cloney but without him it would not have got rave reviews.

Why the amazing reviews?

I just watched the trailer today, didn't really seem interesting at all.

I also agree about the reviews, he was the reason why it got so high. If they didn't have him in it, you would have probably never heard about it.

Needless to say I Dled White out instead, and it was a pretty original movie which is hard to find now a days.

peat moss
01-07-2010, 01:37 PM
What a great movie , really enjoyed it .

unname
01-14-2010, 03:10 PM
good movie

hoodevil
01-14-2010, 04:07 PM
I recomend this movie.

senegal
01-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Great movie.

iesu
01-15-2010, 08:52 PM
good movie :)

IdolEyes787
01-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Got rave rewiews.
It is a piece of shit.

Why the amazing reviews?

I just watched the trailer today, didn't really seem interesting at all.

I also agree about the reviews, he was the reason why it got so high. If they didn't have him in it, you would have probably never heard about it.

Needless to say I Dled White out instead, and it was a pretty original movie which is hard to find now a days.

Whiteout is a piece of maggot ridden garbage festering on the underbelly of the magnificence that is Up in the Air.
The only thing other than a better director ,script,cinematographer( I know it's a whiteout but I'd still appreciate being able to see what was going on) and editor oh yeah and composer that could have redeemed White Out was if in the shower scene Kate Beckinsale had delivered the goods.

Awards for Up in the Air- numerous,awards for Whiteout one - winner biggest waste of my time of any movie this year not featuring action figures brought to life or directed by McG.

megabyteme
01-15-2010, 10:13 PM
I watched it the first night it became "available". It held my interest all the way through, but I was left wondering why.

The main character is static. He learns nothing and the only time he decides to try anything new, he is essentially told by those "in the real world" that he does not belong.

Other than being the bringer of bad news (very much like a grim reaper) his life is meaningless. His only goal is met with a complete lack of joy and purpose.

Clooney does a good job in making an empty, "hatchet man" likable. I believe much of this is because of his desire to do his unpleasant job while doing it in the most humane way possible. The element of detachment in our ever more technically based society is very real. However, it merits more of a discussion than a 2+ hour long movie, IMO.

What did others get out of this?

AustinMatherne
01-22-2010, 06:23 AM
it was a good, but not great movie. Cloney reminded me of my dad growing up.

paniks
01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
good movie

clocker
01-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Clooney it's a very good actor, so the movie should be good also.
Watch The Men Who Stare At Goats and get back to me.

Carnios
01-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Clooney did great in this role. I thought it was really well done. Twist surprised me.

Got bored of Goats though.

mgemseg
01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
A refreshingly honest film. The narrative is rather disjointed, nontraditional... yet it doesn't feel as though it's trying to be different. It simply is what it is. It's rare to find a good movie of that sort.

Some will be turned off by the slow pace, the fractured plot lines, the general sense of disorganization (I'll admit there was a point I thought the film was about to end and was surprised it kept going on)... but I was enthralled. If this had been made in the '70s, we'd look back on it as art. I have a feeling today, though, it won't connect with a big audience, which is a shame.

One thing we can all agree on is the wonderful performances. Everyone shines. I can't even describe how perfectly Clooney embodies this character. I'm not his biggest fan, but when the man nails it, he nails it.

I can't wait to see how Jason Reitman follows this up. He's making his own name for himself, far from his father's shadow. Hopefully, he'll keep going strong.

IdolEyes787
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-is-the-latest-movie-you-watched-and-what-did-you-think-of-it-post3381398/postcount2929

(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-is-the-latest-movie-you-watched-and-what-did-you-think-of-it-post3381398/postcount2929)Ths is also what is known as irony.
(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-is-the-latest-movie-you-watched-and-what-did-you-think-of-it-post3381398/postcount2929)

Aggvispen
02-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Saw this movie today and I thought that it was an ok movie.

BullRock
02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
not good movie .. i've seen these types stories in many movies..!!

bunny67
02-04-2010, 04:18 PM
worst film i have seen in a while

IdolEyes787
02-04-2010, 04:32 PM
You couldn't watch many movies then .
As for the insightful comment about " i've seen these types stories in many movies..!!" I suppose if someone made a film about giant three legged spastics that danced the minuet it would in your mind then instantly qualify as good.

There is really only one type of story ;boy meets girl,boy loses girl though sometimes the boy isn't really a boy and the girl isn't remotely a girl.

clocker
02-05-2010, 01:00 PM
There is really only one type of story ;boy meets girl,boy loses girl though sometimes the boy isn't really a boy and the girl isn't remotely a girl.
Species by William Shakespeare?