PDA

View Full Version : UseNetServer/Bintube

beansis
01-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Has anyone tried these usenet providers?

They seem to offer prices/services competitive with astraweb

I need to renew my subscription and I was gonna go for astraweb, but I've been hearing some heavy shit lately.

Any advice?

mesaman
01-09-2010, 02:25 AM
Bintube is a reseller of Astraweb and has the same completion issues.

beansis
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM

thanks

does anyone experience usenetserver? . . .$96/yr . . . $10/month

apvm
01-11-2010, 01:40 PM
My Xlned will expire on the 15th, haven't decide which one to join, XLned is not bad but 200 days retention only and sometimes I need more than that so I may join usenetserver, will report back if I do.

zot
01-12-2010, 03:54 AM

thanks

does anyone experience usenetserver? . . .$96/yr . . . $10/month

UsenetServer is owned by Highwinds, so you can expect the same retention and completion as Ngroups, Usenet-News, Newsdemon, Newshosting, and most other resellers out there.

One big difference. UsenetServer only lets you access the US server --not Highwinds' EU server-- so if a file is incomplete on UNS's server, there's no backup to go to.
About 3 years ago it seemed a lot of people left UNS because of major completion issues, as having no backup server can make a big difference when things go bad.
For an unlimited SSL account using Highwinds, I'd suggest Ngroups. It's also $10/month (when prepaid for 3 months) and they also have excellent support. And like all Highwinds resellers (except UNS) Ngroups has both a EU and US server.

beansis
01-12-2010, 04:12 AM
UsenetServer is owned by Highwinds, so you can expect the same retention and completion as Ngroups, Usenet-News, Newsdemon, Newshosting, and most other resellers out there.

One big difference. UsenetServer only lets you access the US server --not Highwinds' EU server-- so if a file is incomplete on UNS's server, there's no backup to go to.
About 3 years ago it seemed a lot of people left UNS because of major completion issues, as having no backup server can make a big difference when things go bad.
For an unlimited SSL account using Highwinds, I'd suggest Ngroups. It's also $10/month (when prepaid for 3 months) and they also have excellent support. And like all Highwinds resellers (except UNS) Ngroups has both a EU and US server.

Tnx, good to know

I think I'll try astraweb first, sad there's no more $96/yr :(