PDA

View Full Version : Numbers of files

huhuhu
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
I've been trying to look everywhere and haven't found an answer:
How many files are there in Bittorrent? Emule? Usenet? Rapidshare?

It seems really hard to find an answer to that but there must be some sort of estimate at least in comparison to one another..

Is there?

anon
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM

No one can really tell. New files are uploaded to those networks/protocols probably every second.

$SnoopDo2G$
01-11-2010, 11:10 PM
I know some PetaBytes are hosted on RS...

With a storage capacity of several petabytes (a petabyte is a million gigabytes) and an internet connection that transfers hundreds of gigabytes simultaneously, RapidShare has the infrastructure required to meet high demands.

http://rapidshare.com/wiruberuns.html

as for usenet im sure its also a lot.....
but to know exactly the number of "files" hosted that's impossible to know i believe...
maybe some people can make some maths...but not me lol

and for torrents thats really impossible because you never know how many trackers out there, and on how many diff hosts those are hosted -_-

anon
01-11-2010, 11:17 PM
and for torrents thats really impossible because you never know how many trackers out there, and on how many diff hosts those are hosted -_-

Also, all the tracker itself ever sees is a 20-byte unique identifier, i.e. the info_hash. Some indexers and most private sites show you the file list, meaning in theory you could count how many files are being tracked, but since they don't keep every single torrent in existence (I could create a .torrent and e-mail it to my friends, for example), it's not possible, like you said.

UA007
02-28-2010, 12:30 PM

It seems really hard to find an answer to that but there must be some sort of estimate at least in comparison to one another..

Is there?

i guess they are lots of files that can't be defined

modi
03-03-2010, 04:05 AM
there are plenty of files and are daily uploaded

x4er0
03-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Rapidshare

Maybe send message to administrations with this questions,at a given time as there were files, and if the average daily added but the rest I have no idea, as a friend up wrote, people in every second uploading files.