PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard And System Freezing Prob

ultimatejester
10-16-2003, 02:41 AM
i dunno what the hell is going on but my computer has been freezing on me since i installed sp1 and sum other updates from windowsupdate.com. i am having a problem with my keyboard too. 2 days ago i connected an external keyboard to my computer and now all the keyboard keys of laptop are messed up. whenever i type
j,kl e.t.c the computer outputs 1,2,3 and so on and when connect the external keyboard all the keys work fine All of the alphabatecal keys are somehow typing numbers. i didnt have ne problem like this before. i could format my computer but i have got sum movies which i dont wanna delete and i dont have a cd-burner.

ultimatejester
10-16-2003, 08:11 PM
bump.

nostalgia
10-16-2003, 09:06 PM
Nobody uses it nut I'll ask anyway: do you have the restorefunction active (XP or ME) cause if os you can go back to the date noting was wrong

ultimatejester
10-16-2003, 09:09 PM
no i have system resore disabled and i didnt back up my orignal files of my OS and now i cant even uninstall sp1

ultimatejester
10-18-2003, 07:10 AM
i have had enough of this shit already. I had to restart my computer twice in 10 minutes.

Can i install Xp over XP sp1

zapjb
10-18-2003, 07:31 AM
AFAIR you can make a repair install. And that'll wipe out SP1 I believe. BTW did you choose complete or express install of SP1? Next time try an express install it's only ~33MB or less vs ~128MB for a full install. And some of that junk that's fn up your computer might not be installed. Hope this helps you. GL.

KazaaLiteK++2000
01-02-2004, 05:35 AM
If you run XP pro Devil's own version then this might be the problem.

Every time I attempted to update that version I had exactly the same problem.

Solution.... Do not update!!!!!

Also run Norton Utilities (Norton System Works 2004 has a version in it) to check for corrupted files etc!!.

Good luck!!! B)

I.am
01-02-2004, 05:48 AM
I can solve your keyboard problem and you will laugh in the end :lol:

for now confirm this:

You have a dell computer?
Laptop probably?

Is
j=1
k=2
l=3
u=4
i=5
o=6
m=0
0=*
;=+

Edit: Try pressing Fn + F9 and restart computer.

DWk
01-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by I.am@1 January 2004 - 22:48
I can solve your keyboard problem and you will laugh in the end :lol:

for now confirm this:

You have a dell computer?
Laptop probably?

Is
j=1
k=2
l=3
u=4
i=5
o=6
m=0
0=*
;=+

Edit: Try pressing Fn + F9 and restart computer.
yea i was about to say the same lol...

thats ur keypad working there :D

ultimatejester
01-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Yup all the keys type different and you had them all right, but pressing Fn +F9 doesnt help. How did ya know this?

I.am
01-04-2004, 02:01 AM
You didnt say whether it was dell?

If you see on your keyboard and see the keys carefully you will notice small numbers written on it probably bottom right of the key. It activates the numeric keypad with those keys. Normally pressing Fn + F9 does the trick. Have you updated your bios recently? You might have to update your bios and then do this. It will work. I had the same problem long time back.