PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] - RS Premium Acct Temporarily

bumrocks
01-14-2010, 04:55 AM
I have been getting a certain movie via RS. It is 4.3 GB roughly and comes in 200 MB parts. So far I have only gotten 1 part (1 download at time while free) and it is now making me wait 15 minutes to get the next part...

Very annoying...

I'm not terribly familiar with RS but if I understand correctly people might be able to let me "borrow" their premium account.

I may be way off base here since this is the BT section but the flipside is the movie is to fill a BT related request (and for myself at the same time).

Any help would be appreciated very much.

I would only need access long enough to get the one movie...No longer.

On a side note: The files end with ..."zip.001". I tried removing the .001 and unpacking what i thought was a zip file but it then gave me an error message...Wtf am i going to do with these files when then are finished downloading? Will I actually "force" winrar to open these files as atm it is not associated to the .001, .002, etc. extension?

Edit: 2 minutes away from getting second part... :/

Edit edit: Then refreshed and is making me wait another 2 1/2 minutes....fook!

anon
01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
On a side note: The files end with ..."zip.001". I tried removing the .001 and unpacking what i thought was a zip file but it then gave me an error message...Wtf am i going to do with these files when then are finished downloading?

Open the .002 file with a hex-editor such as HxD. If the beginning of the file does not look like this (notice the "PK" at the beginning):

Offset 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F

00000000 50 4B 03 04 14 00 02 00 08 00 72 39 58 36 71 2A PK........r9X6q*
00000010 C3 85 57 03 00 00 A5 06 00 00 0A 00 00 00 72 65 Ã…W...¥.......re
00000020 61 64 6D 65 2E 74 78 74 6D 55 D9 8E D3 40 10 7C adme.txtmUÙŽÓ@.|

Those files are just split parts of a single, big ZIP archive, and you should use a program like FFSJ (file joiner) to assemble them together.

IdolEyes787
01-14-2010, 05:45 PM
I may be way off base here since this is the BT section but the flipside is the movie is to fill a BT related request (and for myself at the same time).

Any help would be appreciated very much.

I would only need access long enough to get the one movie...No longer.

Which movie,maybe it's someplace else?

bumrocks
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
On a side note: The files end with ..."zip.001". I tried removing the .001 and unpacking what i thought was a zip file but it then gave me an error message...Wtf am i going to do with these files when then are finished downloading?

Open the .002 file with a hex-editor such as HxD. If the beginning of the file does not look like this (notice the "PK" at the beginning):

Offset 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F

00000000 50 4B 03 04 14 00 02 00 08 00 72 39 58 36 71 2A PK........r9X6q*
00000010 C3 85 57 03 00 00 A5 06 00 00 0A 00 00 00 72 65 Ã…W...¥.......re
00000020 61 64 6D 65 2E 74 78 74 6D 55 D9 8E D3 40 10 7C adme.txtmUÙŽÓ@.|Those files are just split parts of a single, big ZIP archive, and you should use a program like FFSJ (file joiner) to assemble them together.

So it appears that it does look like your example...

http://i45.tinypic.com/260btk1.png

So what does that mean?

anon
01-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Then I guess it's an split ZIP archive. Once you have all of them, open and extract the first one, and WinRAR should (I haven't had to deal with these too much) take it from there.

LubTheStaringCat
01-14-2010, 06:29 PM
If your sick waiting every 15 minutes, try JDownloader.
Past your links Into the program, and leave It downolading.

As for what has been said already, there should be an extract file with the archive.

bumrocks
01-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Which movie,maybe it's someplace else?

I have already gotten 8 of the 22 parts at this point, so i am committed. I have no HDBits account or the like, so that was not an option for me...

The Addams Family 1991 x264 HDDVDRip 720p-DNL

So, I got a PM from someone who gave me access for a week to his (apparently just got it by his posts) RS Premium account.

I am having mixed emotions and feelings about the whole thing as well. To make a long story short, he is a trader and just traded for this premium acct...Being that it is so easy to "assume" things on the Internet, I did not look into his background before accepting the offer...Why would a trader, offer to help me with no request for something in return? Well, this is the case...He simply said...

You have some nice rep, so I don't mind helping out a good member. If you want to download more than 4GB its cool.Part of me, at first, said "Oh crap" i just accepted something from a trader! But after reflection, I have no problem with it. I was nice and appreciative of his offer and wrote him a semi lengthy PM in appreciation. I believe that the only thing that could have been wrong, was if i was an ass and refused his offer.

Without getting into a long story, because of this guy I have some restored faith in traders, their ways, and the BT community as a whole. I still believe he a a rare breed of trader since he is obviously not here to simply "take" and "give" for his own benefit only. If we had no choice but to "live" amongst traders, then i wish they were all like this guy.

I am going to leave this post open for now, in case anyone wants to comment....Besides that I still have the issue of the file parts...Once i finish getting all the parts I may or may not need assistance..

Thanks to those that have helped so far!

If your sick waiting every 15 minutes, try JDownloader.
Past your links Into the program, and leave It downolading.

Thanks! Will check out for the future! Good looking out!

Edit: I went to get and it was like a 26-27 MB file?! Seems awful large for a downloader? Is that correct?

susiserken
01-14-2010, 07:40 PM
U need to download hj split http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/ ;)

anon
01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Edit: I went to get and it was like a 26-27 MB file?! Seems awful large for a downloader? Is that correct?

That's what it weights. If you want something lighter you should give RDesc a try.

Cabalo
01-14-2010, 07:44 PM
There are traders, and there are traders.
As there are non-traders and there are non-traders.
Good people on both "sides" of the barrier.
Personally, I have a RL friend who trades, and all he trades is to keep for himself. He traded because he needed. And also keeps inviting his buddies any time they need, and never asking for anything in return.
I asked him once, why don't you just go to one of those invite pushing sites and request it?
He threw back at me: "what? you think they would immediately invite me out of nowhere, no one even knowing me? I need that invite now (it was for some HD site where I was out of invites to hook him up to)."

There's nothing I could reply to that question that would make him give up a quick trade.

In my experience, quantifying the amount of bad people I've met in the BT world, the non-trader ones severely outweigh the traders. And I staff at a forum which allows trading, I've seen both sides of the coin quite closely. Now, that's really fucked up, no? I'd rather have any time a guy who admitelly trades because he needs the accounts, than some fuck who goes on saying and practising anti-trading just for his reputation at some random place. Those, I unforgivably ban them here with a smile on my face.

(This is not in any manner a pinch on bumrocks, he knows I don't think he is a bad guy at all, just thought this could be taken as a personal attack, when that's not the intention. At all. Just comparing some mentalities out there. See the Serb case).

bumrocks
01-14-2010, 08:11 PM
U need to download hj split http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/ ;)

This appears to be the answer...Thanks!

That's what it weights. If you want something lighter you should give RDesc a try.

Looks good...Got it...Glad it is now available with English support...

In my experience, quantifying the amount of bad people I've met in the BT world, the non-trader ones severely outweigh the traders. And I staff at a forum which allows trading, I've seen both sides of the coin quite closely. Now, that's really fucked up, no? I'd rather have any time a guy who admitelly trades because he needs the accounts, than some fuck who goes on saying and practising anti-trading just for his reputation at some random place. Those, I unforgivably ban them here with a smile on my face.

I disagree slightly...I think...But here is what I posted elsewhere...

It seems that maybe traders should try to be more informative in regards to their posts/requests...

Let people know to begin with that you are a trader. Nobody likes to be tricked or fooled, whether that is your intention or not. A dumb or naive inviter may feel that way if they invite you somewhere, without looking into your background, only to find out they have invited someone with a trading background into their "tree". Traders, if anyone, are going to look out for each other since that is the only group that, for the most part, care for each other.

There are members like AdrianPhoto (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../../private.php?do=newpm&u=210204) that don't mind to help out a trader and that is commendable since he asks for nothing in return. But to the general non-trading community, inviting someone as yourself can be detrimental (even if it is just a loss of invites).

My message to traders: If there is such a thing, be as honest about your craft as possible. Douche traders (I'm not saying you, the OP, are a douche) give the trader community as a whole a bad name...More so than maybe they deserve. I say this since I had a truly good experience with a trader today...Part of my point is that when a non-trader is a dipshit, people don't really care and it normally doesn't "hurt" the BT community. When traders are dipshits and/or douchey everyone knows and remembers it...Along with potentially hurting the BT community. Not always, but potentially. I don't think your friend is the "norm" when it comes to trading. I wish it was though.

Edit: hjsplit was the answer...Thanks to all those that helped!