PDA

View Full Version : how can u hide ur file sharing from detection

MAGAFFI
01-15-2010, 02:24 AM
hav gotten 2 messages from internet provider bout filesharing can i mask it at all

Cabalo
01-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Using bittorrent? From which tracker?

Rart
01-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Practically, using VPN/Seedboxes/Proxies/SSL will help to provide a another layer of anonymity but theoretically anyone who really wishes to find you can trace it back to you providing they try hard enough. There is no way to be "100%" safe but for the most part, a copyright company wont go so far as to try to track you down through a seedbox or VPN.

anon
01-15-2010, 04:31 PM

Yes, the thread starter could be a bit more specific. But almost all filesharing programs have an option to block harmful IP ranges. It'd be good to know if he was using that with an updated blocklist.

Ast41
01-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Also don't use default incoming ports.

redman5087
01-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Use vpn, for example strongvpn

giuse
01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Peer Guardian blocks known organizations IP's

iLOVENZB
01-20-2010, 11:28 AM

Yes, the thread starter could be a bit more specific. But almost all filesharing programs have an option to block harmful IP ranges. It'd be good to know if he was using that with an updated blocklist.

I've been meaning to create a thread one day of how people can trust and rely on one app to filter IP's of 'known' threats. Surely an RIAA agent wont use their office IP to infiltrate trackers and log IP's? They would either use a VPN, or an IP that's more likely an unknown threat.

Besides onces the RIAA have hold of your IP it's not the end of the world, they have to prove they got it through legal methods - of coarse it depends on what soil your on ... :whistling

Do these IP Blockers filter Romanian IP's? :lol:

anon
01-20-2010, 04:40 PM
I've been meaning to create a thread one day of how people can trust and rely on one app to filter IP's of 'known' threats. Surely an RIAA agent wont use their office IP to infiltrate trackers and log IP's? They would either use a VPN, or an IP that's more likely an unknown threat.

Blocklists are not 100% secure, but they're better than nothing, and do block some bad IPs.

Do these IP Blockers filter Romanian IP's? :lol:

No, but you can go to ip.ludost.net, get their list of Romanian IPs, and convert it to IPFilter format.

Cabalo
01-20-2010, 06:07 PM
.... or if you run a tracker add it to .htaccess

iLOVENZB
01-21-2010, 03:19 AM
anon-sbi; You're right about the extra layer of protection, but it mostly comes down to common sense. Public P2P is litteraly fucked, just how BREIN wanted it to be.

Most tracker admins know accounts of suspected users, I remember lurking on a Newsgroup request chan (a.b.sony.psp) and a user with an ident ******.fbi.gov didn't last 1minute.

naterd00d
01-22-2010, 05:07 PM
direct downloads.
im new here, and i use bittorrent
but bittorrent is a terrible protocol.

all the hype is into obscuring trackers, when obscuring the user is much harder

direct downloads are the way to go. as long as the archive name is obscured, the contents are encrypted and password protected

nobody will ever know..that is unless they find the source, but in my case, thats highly unlikely.

$SnoopDo2G$
01-22-2010, 08:31 PM
https://www.ipredator.se/?lang=en

this stuff looks good to me :)