PDA

View Full Version : Teenager Arrested For Threatening To Blow Up An Apple Store

Darth Sushi
01-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Teenager Arrested For Threatening To Blow Up An Apple Store
By Kyle VanHemert, Jan 15, 2010

"
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2010/01/500x_applestorethreat5.jpg

Here's a Genius Bar horror story for you: Justin Barry, an apparently disgruntled seventeen year old, walked into a Staten Island Apple Store and typed this message on one of the display machines. He's now facing seven years in prison.

I have threatened your store and all its employees with a bloody death ... whoever the crew maybe working, or the innocent citizens that walk in ... will be eliminated with the force of a... bomb loaded with C4, strapped to my chest.

Barry claims he was joking—he signed the threat with the name of a friend's father—but he's facing terror charges that could leave him locked up until his mid-twenties. With any luck he'll be out just in time to get in line for the iSlate Nano. "

:source: Source: http://gizmodo.com/5449352/teenager-arrested-for-threatening-to-blow-up-an-apple-store

brilman
01-16-2010, 04:20 AM
:frusty: I've raised two boys, now 23 and 22 the one thing I made sure to teach them was to stop for a sec and THINK. Guess this kid never learned to do that little thing what a shame.

Funkin'
01-16-2010, 04:25 AM
Hopefully it does get locked up for a little while for his stupidity. Hopefully he'll learn that in this day and age any type of threat like that, even in joke, is not funny.

megabyteme
01-16-2010, 04:29 AM
An I the only one who thought of exploding apple store turning into applesauce? :idunno:

Albo Da Kid
01-16-2010, 04:51 AM
What an idiot. Kids should find other ways to kill their time with. I don't see how threatening to blow up an apple store can be funny.

I just hope they don't give him 7 years though. That's a little too much in this case imo.
The sad thing is that he's 17 and can now be tried as an adult. I would have really helped if he played this practical joke a year ago instead of now.

An I the only one who thought of exploding apple store turning into applesauce? :idunno:
ahah that was funny

n00bz0r
01-16-2010, 05:55 AM
another consequence of overpriced apple products

danprafe
01-16-2010, 06:36 AM
How about a riddle?

mummysboy
01-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Ha i am laughing so much right now.

Yes he did an inappropriate joke but the legal action taken against him is the real funny joke :D

Calling all americans ! Panic a teenager typed a message ! Stop press ! He must be a terror wrist.

Seriously that country needs to turn off CNN and start watching WORLD NEWS! Europe have been battling terrorism for decades - with Yanks helping to fund some of them [PIRA].

They get an incident on home soil and suddenly there whole panic mode goes in overdrive.

farcical. Hope he gets away with it - his mitigation should be "Boys will be Boys - Get the f*ck over it"

killuminati96
01-16-2010, 07:31 PM
well..live and learn

TheFoX
01-17-2010, 02:24 AM
A mate of mine, when going through Heathrow customs, was asked what he had in one of his cases, and he replied, 'a bomb', as a joke.

He wasn't smiling when three armed officers held him at gunpoint, on the floor, while they analysed the case, nor was he smiling when his wife said, 'you stupid bastard'.

There is a time for jokes, and a time not to joke.

Darth Sushi
01-17-2010, 03:36 AM
How about a riddle?

There was a dumb boy named Justin Barry,
who went into an apple store trying to be scary,
now faces the possibility of becoming a prison-bitch named Mary,
and also the sex-puppet of a convict named Harry,
who enjoys turning cherry arses into Bloody Mary!
So to all Apple haters, be careful and wary,
make sure all messages are fun and merry!

brilman
01-17-2010, 06:47 PM

Thats what I was talking about. stop,think then act. I feel bad for the dumb ass kid and has parents.
If people found out what I did at 17 I'd still be in jail :huh:

bobbintb
01-18-2010, 05:18 AM
Ha i am laughing so much right now.

Yes he did an inappropriate joke but the legal action taken against him is the real funny joke :D

Calling all americans ! Panic a teenager typed a message ! Stop press ! He must be a terror wrist.

Seriously that country needs to turn off CNN and start watching WORLD NEWS! Europe have been battling terrorism for decades - with Yanks helping to fund some of them [PIRA].

They get an incident on home soil and suddenly there whole panic mode goes in overdrive.

farcical. Hope he gets away with it - his mitigation should be "Boys will be Boys - Get the f*ck over it"

please shut up.

gath
01-18-2010, 05:41 AM
Social unrest is really, let everybody can cherish the hard-won peace

Hombre
01-18-2010, 06:17 AM
Apple sux anyway. If he blew himself up, at least we stop seeing that boring white on macs, and maybe see how they look blood red.

ulun64
01-18-2010, 06:47 AM
Poor kid made a mistake and hopefully he learn from it. 7 years in jail is too much. Community service work should be good enough as a sentence.

link2009
01-20-2010, 02:45 PM
A mate of mine, when going through Heathrow customs, was asked what he had in one of his cases, and he replied, 'a bomb', as a joke.

He wasn't smiling when three armed officers held him at gunpoint, on the floor, while they analysed the case, nor was he smiling when his wife said, 'you stupid bastard'.

This is definitely not even close to what this boy here did. As far as I can see, mentioning the word bomb anywhere near an airport or airplane will almost get you killed. People are scared and they have good reason to be. I agree with the punishment given to this culprit. Although his sentence may be long, I don't want to know how I would feel if I was in that store with my kid and reading that message.

2bad4u
01-20-2010, 05:29 PM

This is definitely not even close to what this boy here did. As far as I can see, mentioning the word bomb anywhere near an airport or airplane will almost get you killed. People are scared and they have good reason to be. I agree with the punishment given to this culprit. Although his sentence may be long, I don't want to know how I would feel if I was in that store with my kid and reading that message.
Exactly, what a dick. thats worst.

bobbintb
01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
the thing i find interesting is that judging his level of intelligence based on his little note, i highly doubt he would have the competency to make such a bomb, much less get his hands on the c4 he would want to construct it.

tipt
01-21-2010, 04:16 PM
maybe he played CS too much

WakeMeUp
01-21-2010, 05:05 PM
And he's facing prison...for having written a stupid message on a mac?! I don't understand why a teenager would do something like this. It's not even funny.