PDA

View Full Version : RapidPeer - Dead?

loubarlow
01-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Signed up over the weekend just to try their one off service, to see how things go, and not a single response. Anyone know anything about them? My initial payment is sitting in the owners Paypal account unclaimed, and they aren't bothering to respond to my messages.

Not really a great start. I was hoping they would be reliable seeing as they sponsor the forum

2bad4u
01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Ive also bought a seedbox from them the bronze one and its been 30hrs+ and it says on the thing that it wont be more than 6 hrs. *SIGH*. Ripped off by rapidpeer and torrent swift (host issues, cant contact aswell).

EDIT:
I just got my username and password to log in on ther gui.

ertemmstein
01-18-2010, 09:54 PM
i m using it for 3 days.
THEY CHARGED ME 2 TIMES!!!
i bought -2 weeks bronze packet-which is 25gb,100mb unlimited,max active torrents.
First, I paid 5eu via paypal,then i got 2 e-mails
in first mail it is written: Your Rapid Peer account info will not be sent to you until you pay below:

invoice #192
Amount Due: €5.19
Due Date: 16/01/2010

Invoice Items

Rapid Peer BRONZE Package €5.19
------------------------------------------------------
Ara Toplam: €5.19
Kredi: €0.00
Toplam: €5.19

When i logged to client area i saw that i have 1 unpaid bill.
There was an another link which link me to paypal to pay another 5.13eu

In second mail in mailbox,it is written:

We have received your order and will be processing it shortly. The details of the order are below: blabla

I send 3 customer tickets to explain my situation.No reply within 2 days.
Then i paid the second bill:
:O after 20 min i got the user details to use seedbox.
This is the 3rd day i got no reply to my tickets.
First payment status is still unclaimed on paypal
upload speed is so bad(tried on several private tracker-also TL).There are 6 active torrents,max total u/l speed was 1.6m avg is 1m(lol now is 50 for 6 popular torrent).Looks like it s limited by server admins or there are too much user per seedbox.
I saw a advertisement on this site about rapidpeer and i tried to use them.I m luck that i didn t spend too much.It is not the scammer but too many lies and bamboozlement

I suggest anyone Never ever try their shared seedbox plans
Probably it s one of the worst hosting service all over the net.

exxxo
01-18-2010, 11:48 PM
I guess I am not the only one.
My service worked good for only 10 days then all hell broke loose.

Frozen web ui, Javascript Errors, Disconnection with FTP or 30Kb/s downloads. 46Kb/s downloads to other private seedboxes. I have not been working right for the last two weeks. I sent e-mails and no responses. I already cancel my credit card with them.

2bad4u
01-19-2010, 02:02 AM
hmm.
1 / 2 of my tickets has been answered less than 2 hrs, the 2nd one hasnt been yet (not 2 even 2hrs yet) but my upload speed (maxed) is like 1mb just but the downloads r fast enuf.

snagit
01-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Hey guys, you should consider Xirvik (http://xirvik.com/) the next time you buy a seedbox.

They are really quick and friendly as well. They noticed that my server was down and they transferred everything from the old one to the new one FOR FREE and in a little while!

I seriously recommend them, they are great! :cool:

ertemmstein
01-19-2010, 02:38 AM
They accepted my second payment.They send me same bill lol.
So they charged me 2 times(5*2eu for 2 weeks) i got only 1 seedbox and no reply to my tickets about last 48+ hours.
- upload speed suddenly dropped to 50kb(limited-using 7 popular torrent files on TL) for last 6-7 hours.
D/l speed is now avg. 5.5-6 mb.

-I have only got working ftp account with avg. download speed.I have 20mbit connection on my home,ftp dl speed is 1.2m/s

Beware!!
Stay Away from them!!

loubarlow
01-19-2010, 05:32 AM
Well my payment has finally been accepted....after 4 days. A step in the right direction I guess. Not quite the 6 hour set-up time they state. No user details yet though lol

ertemmstein
01-20-2010, 12:17 AM
hahah they destroyed my tickets about twice payment.
after 12 hours u/l speed seems normal(1.5-2m)
but still rutorrent webUI creates corrupt torents,all torrent files that created by webUI are 1kb/corrupted

loubarlow
01-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Well another day gone and still not set-up. Useless.

I have had my ticket responded to, with a request for my email address (which is clearly visible in my sign-up details doh!) so it's clearly delaying tactics.

Will be contacting Paypal for a refund if it's not set-up today.

AVOID.

speedcrazy
01-20-2010, 09:41 PM
I ordered a dedicated server from http://rapidpeer.com 2 days ago(setup was about 2 hours). After a few torrents(speed was good) the torrents wouldn't down or upload but the same ones were downloading on my desktop. Before I rented it I read on their website "we will glady give you a full refund. " I asked 4 a refund today and as soon as I did rapidpeer changed their website today excluding the above quote. Here's a cached copy of rapidpeer when they were giving refunds.
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/topcat886/snap095.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/topcat886/snap096.jpg
I'm in a dispute with them in paypal.

loubarlow
01-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Another day down and still no set-up. Maybe their '15 day service' refers to the time it actually takes to get up and running? Who knows?

I'm taking this to Paypal dispute now as they are obviously a sham outfit. AVOID at all costs these muppets. Can't believe they are a forum sponsor to be honest.

L33cH
01-21-2010, 03:10 PM
lol maybe stop order from this guys ?

loubarlow
01-21-2010, 04:18 PM
lol maybe stop order from this guys ?

hindsight is a wonderful thing. I hadn't read any negative comments on here and they are forum sponsors, so I assumed I was safe. I can live with speed issues (you get what you pay for) but to not get *any* service or response to communications, is shocking.

Paypal dispute raised anyway.

bigdyl69
01-23-2010, 02:02 AM
I signed up to Rapidpeer at the end of last month and had been going well, for the last 3 days I've not been able to connect to my seedbox of via FTP. I contacted their support with details and all I had back was an email requesting my username which I sent immediately and I've heard nothing back from them in two days. I recommend this site removes the adverts for them and if the owners of Rapidpeer are on this site that they at least own up to any problems they may be having and at least tell us paying customers whats going on. I think I'm going to start a dispute through paypal with them

speedcrazy
01-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Paypal doesn't support the delivery of electronic goods. Starting a dispute can help but if u escalate it to a claim they will email u in about 1 minute and tell u "Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund." I just lost the claim and $62.95 to rapidpeer.

When I was communicating with rapidpeer through paypal they falsified the email claiming they didn't offer refunds. Completely dishonest company.

phauk
01-24-2010, 12:40 AM
What do you expect guys? The guy is an idiot (you ever tried to contact him via Live Chat?) or get a proper response for a ticket.

The company was only registered this month, what do you expect...

Do yourself a favour, buy a dedicated server and have the box all to yourself, no issues!

He only uses OVH anyways so I have heard! anyways I created a topic for bad experiences, you can post your good or bad experiences with any company to help other users not have the same problems you have in < click here > (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-who-are-the-liars-that-sell-seedboxes-post-your-experiences-here-389224)

loubarlow
01-24-2010, 08:27 AM
What do you expect guys?

When they are site sponsors and there are no stories about problems on the forum, I expect what I paid for!

bigdyl69
01-26-2010, 10:18 PM
I think the site should remove their adverts so nobody else gets conned

phauk
01-28-2010, 05:29 PM

They paid for it mate, fsf are just honoring their agreement.

The best you can hope for is posts like this from legit people to keep other people from being conned by them :happy:

bigdyl69
01-30-2010, 05:30 PM

They paid for it mate, fsf are just honoring their agreement.

The best you can hope for is posts like this from legit people to keep other people from being conned by them :happy:

Good point yeah, I just hope people do their research through the forums before handing over their cash

Extremesmsm
01-31-2010, 03:33 PM
this Rapidpeer company really sucks it is bad for everything but their support is fair quality thu

phauk
01-31-2010, 10:38 PM
this Rapidpeer company really sucks it is bad for everything but their support is fair quality thu

you don't spoke proper england? :frusty:

bigdyl69
01-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Well, rapidpeer are still up and running it would seem. I sent them a message today to their LiveSupport (it was offline but I sent one anyway) and I got one back apologising that the server I was on suffered a hard disk failure and they have given me a month free to use on another server, stating they were sure they had already told me about this, but they got it working for me again, Only problem is I have already signed up to Xirvik now which came online today so now I have 2 seedboxes. But anyway, the morale of the story is they are still up and running

sheela
02-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Well.. If you look at the specs for the prices they put out, it's really underpriced comparing to their competitors on the web. I've been looking for some good reseller (since ovh can't provide to swedes) - and trust me, i've been glaring at rapidpeer's webpage alot cause of the great terms. But as many before me has stated in this forum, it's not trustworthy at all. Unfortunately. Sorry for your losses.

loubarlow
02-01-2010, 05:32 AM
I have been refunded by Paypal. Avoid this company at all costs.

an0n
02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
this is their BBB entry. surprised they actually have one.

http://www.bbb.org/new-orleans/business-reviews/data-processing-service/rapid-peer-in-new-orleans-la-90002063/

there are zero complaints processed. it would be nice if people can report complaints if they experienced issues.

are there other ways to report and reprimand this entity practicing very bad business ethics?

I've had bad experiences with them, as many here. too bad I started my plan before all these started surfacing.

ertemmstein
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
they suspended my actual account and didn t send me new order s information,I was waiting for 1 week then i opened dispute on paypal and they send me an e-mail that say : you are banned from our servers.
lol

phauk
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
has anyone actually had a non-ovh server from them? they say they have various locations but everyone seems to be saying ovh/kimsufi servers only?

Hombre
02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
good i read this thread, bcos i was about to order stuff. appears be really amateur.

speedcrazy
02-05-2010, 05:26 PM
rapidpeer gave me $62.95 credit after I opened a dispute with them through bankofamerica. Yea.

unbreakablegrl
02-05-2010, 06:28 PM
they looks bad .. bad speeds as friends told me

trulis
02-16-2010, 01:45 AM
hahah they destroyed my tickets about twice payment.
after 12 hours u/l speed seems normal(1.5-2m)
but still rutorrent webUI creates corrupt torents,all torrent files that created by webUI are 1kb/corrupted

Any1 know how to fix the corrupted torrents problem, plz post

Another day down and still no set-up. Maybe their '15 day service' refers to the time it actually takes to get up and running? Who knows?

I'm taking this to Paypal dispute now as they are obviously a sham outfit. AVOID at all costs these muppets. Can't believe they are a forum sponsor to be honest.

bahahaha thats funny (15day set-up).

fingerscrossed it all worksout.

they suspended my actual account and didn t send me new order s information,I was waiting for 1 week then i opened dispute on paypal and they send me an e-mail that say : you are banned from our servers.
lol

From my experience when u get suspended u must then send an email WITH your username, else u will get no info at all.

(just guessing but it seems like its software thats suspending u when the rules are broken so the owner/operators dont even know u are suspended till they get that email from u) (could b very wrong)

has anyone actually had a non-ovh server from them? they say they have various locations but everyone seems to be saying ovh/kimsufi servers only?

The ones i have are located in the USA, but they do state on there site u can ask to be swapped anytime u like.

Eraser
02-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Just bought a 15 day Gold set-up with rapidpeer. It took them less than 12hrs to set up my account. Down speeds are ok but upload not that great. Im still testing it with different torrent sites.

my grade 4/5

RastaMan
02-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Its been 24 hours since I signed up with raidpeer. Nothing from them except my proof of payment. I opened a support ticket a few hours ago with no response.

May be yet another host that will be added to my (DNUL) (Do.Not.Use.List)

P2PAlaska
02-19-2010, 06:08 AM
I rented a seedbox from rapidpeer about 10 days ago, all was well except my account got suspended after about 12 hours, I was not abusing the service in any way and emailed them, they got right back to me and apologized that it was a mistake and that my account was re-opened.

All was well until 2 days ago when the webui reported that rtorrent was not started, ftp was still connecting sporadically, I opened a help ticket and never heard back from them, this morning the server IP is down.

I sent them 2 more email's and have heard nothing, unless I here from them tomorrow, I'm going to dispute the charge.

I'll update this thread when I here more..

zeratul
02-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Please, dont use rapidpeer. I bought a seedbox about 25 days and here my list of reasons:

- 2 days they took to open my account, but they make a mistake and my account had problems of configurations, I open a ticket and... 3 days more waiting and they never response my ticket support. I check every day, and the 3rd day finally all working ok. <- Almost 1 week to use my account.

- The service is pour because the speeds are slow, I think they overload servers, I dont know what they do.

- Finally 2 days ago, they suspended my account. Why? I really dont know why (my quota was fine). I cant open a ticket because I cant enter to the web of support clients, I cant enter rapidpeer.com neither, but... Using a proxy I enter the web and surprise, the web are ok (They ban my IP??). I send emails to support and still no answer.

- They never advice anything to the clients like others services... problems with the bw, reboot servers, maintenance... In fact, this month they move his web from uk to usa and they dont say anything at all to the clients for the downtime.

- In summary... In this month, I use my seedbox 2 weeks, no more than that. And obviously I pay for all month. I think open a dispute in paypal is the only thing I left...

For the new people, DONT USE THIS SERVICE, they sucks.

RastaMan
02-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Yep, I just opened a dispute as of 5 mins ago.

ertemmstein
02-19-2010, 11:55 PM
they suspended my first account without any warning.I send several e-mails to them but no response.wasted 1 week!!!

about my second account which i have never used(it would be activated when my first account expire) i opened a dispute on paypal.They said: i have been banned from server forever due to open dispute lol..then i got my money back.

I suggest everyone to avoid such these services: rapidpeer,seedbox.cc,seedbox.fr and so

Eraser
02-20-2010, 05:26 AM
Yeah same here. They did set up my account after less than 12 hrs but I was able to use only first 2 days. Also speeds were terrible for those 2 days. Last 3-4 days I am unable to access my account. I send them an email 2 days ago about that but no luck.

all I can say is watch what u signing up 4

trulis
02-20-2010, 09:06 AM
After an inquiry email, recieved a reply saying "due to bla bla bla", plz expect a downtime of 24-48 hours. You will be over compensated.
Today(2days later)new user/pass e-mailed.
On the upside they have just implemented unlimited active torrents, that alone is worth 2 days of downtime easy.

Eraser
02-21-2010, 05:20 AM
from their site

"Over the next 48 Hour we are preforming a major upgrade of All current servers, and our ordering / support system. Once completed we will be the first seedbox provider to offer, INSTANT SEEDBOX ACTIVATION on signup, Instant upgrades and addons for existing customers, as well as NUMEROUS torrent client upgrades.
We Please ask current customers to be patient with support replies and help during the next 48 hours (ending FEB 23 2010). We will be offering DOUBLE DOWNTIME CREDIT for any current users who experience downtime now, or in the previous 3-4 days.

Thank you, RP support

Signups are also closed during this period as we are focused on this massive update right now."

I hope they will do what they say. Left to wait and see I guess.

RastaMan
02-24-2010, 12:12 AM
lol.. one more day and I can bump my PayPal dispute to a claim. I have 3 support tickets in over the last 2 weeks and they have not replied to a single one.

trulis
02-24-2010, 03:06 AM
Tickets will be responded to via email only & MUST include your username.
Was some downtime from the upgrade but is finished now.
Now with "unlimited active torrents", YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RastaMan
02-24-2010, 02:51 PM
LOL.. email only?? Why have a client area with a support ticket system. No thanks. Rapidpeer blows.

P2PAlaska
02-24-2010, 05:50 PM
"Completed, All users have been updated, and we are now able to offer INSTANT ACCOUNT ACTIVATION and Upgrades. We thank all of our users for their patience and if you are experiencing issues from the upgrade, please contact support now."

All users except me I guess lol, Still waiting :whistling

RastaMan
02-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Yep, they finally emailed me with some bullcrap song and dance. I finally had to bump up the dispute with paypal. Seems like they are refusing to refund on a new account they never even set up after 9 days now.

RastaMan
02-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Final update and post.. They never did refund. Paypal finally ruled in my favor and refunded. Hope this gives some insight to Rapidpeer.

wolf359
02-26-2010, 02:00 PM
tried to contact them for the last 5 days still no answer

they are the worse

dont buy from them

trulis
02-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Same, past 5 days no-replyies to email or ticket :frusty:

P2PAlaska
02-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Well, my seedbox is up again and speed is good. Also unlimited torrents now.

Eraser
02-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Still thinking if I should re-signup with these guys.
How are the speeds now?

rdoman
03-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Depends on the torrent
Currently getting combined 800KB/s UL

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wr3ecz.jpg

P2PAlaska
03-01-2010, 06:15 PM
When my box is working I get 9+MB/s down and have seen 3+MB/s up. BUT, after a couple of days my seedbox is again down with no reply from them for 24 hours.

Their R/T stats show all eu servers running, but mine is obviously NOT. I think it's time to dispute, cut my losses and go with someone else.

trulis
03-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Since the upgrade(well over a week now), my shared box has worked 100%.

When my box is working I get 9+MB/s down and have seen 3+MB/s up. BUT, after a couple of days my seedbox is again down with no reply from them for 24 hours.

Their R/T stats show all eu servers running, but mine is obviously NOT. I think it's time to dispute, cut my losses and go with someone else.

Did u get a warning or just cant log in?

Note: (If its a prob from there upgrade u will get over compensated for your down time)

P2PAlaska
03-02-2010, 06:25 PM
No I did not get suspended or warned. I have never even come close to the HD space limit.

The url I was given just points to a Apache test page now, and my FTP logs to the password prompt and reports wrong pw.

I have left a support ticket and several e-mail messages (That have in the past been answered) and have not heard a peep out of them.

It's a hella way to run a railroad, and I will not be renewing my seedbox unless they get me up and running in the next 12 hours.

RastaMan
03-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Simply put. They are failing. I have had a great amount of luck with seedboxhosting.com ... I had a slight issue with them over support 2 times for not answering support tickets or email in a timely manner. 2 to 3 days. but again rare and I have been with them for a very long time.

P2PAlaska
03-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Well, I just got a very nice apology from them and setup on a different server, and one month of added time.

So far I am very happy the way this turned out. Ya know sometimes shit happens...but they fixed it and made it right.

overcash
03-04-2010, 08:40 PM
i didnt like it!
only used for a week!

GregB
03-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Overcash,

what was the issue exactly?