PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2

SonsOfLiberty
01-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Holy shit, it's almost here, I pre ordered but not from Gamestop though, so if anyone is kind enough to share their Terminus gear code, I'll share the one I get, as long as there not 1 time use....

Mass Effect 2 will include several bonus items for those who pre-order a copy of the game or purchase Dragon Age: Origins. If the game is pre-ordered at Gamestop, players will receive Terminus Armor, which grants increased running speed and shields, and the M-490 Blackstorm Heavy Weapon, a gravity gun. If the game is pre-ordered at other retailers, players will receive Inferno Armor, which grants a negotiation bonus, increases running speed, and boosts the effectiveness of combat powers.[3] For purchasing and registering a new copy of Dragon Age: Origins, players will also obtain the Blood Dragon Armor; this armor was a bonus item in Dragon Age: Origins, but can be unlocked for use in Mass Effect 2 as well.[50] Buyers of the Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 2 will receive the Collector Armor, which increases a character's maximum health, health regeneration, and running speed, as well as the Collector Assault Rifle, which quickly depletes enemy shields.

But this, this is the worst, part, Shepard might really die and be permenant death, I mean if there planning ME3 how can they let this be down?

The first teaser trailer for the game gave the impression that Commander Shepard had been killed in action,[26] but it was later confirmed that Shepard was brought back to life by Cerberus, providing the player with a chance to change their appearance and character class.[27] Players themselves can dictate whether or not Shepard will die at the end of the game based on choices that they make throughout the game. While exploration in the first game had little relevance to the main story, in Mass Effect 2 the player is able to gather resources for ship upgrades and enemy intel that will have an effect on the final mission.[15] BioWare Executive Producer Casey Hudson explained that "If you do die in the ending of Mass Effect 2, it will not come as a surprise, nor will it be random. It will be pretty obvious that you headed into the final mission knowing that Shepard probably wouldn’t make it out alive." Hudson also confirmed that team members would be affected by the player's decisions during the final mission: "You might have an ending where Shepard’s entire team survives, or where the entire mission is a bloodbath and everyone (including Shepard) is killed, or anything in between."[28] The ending in which Shepard is killed represents a permanent death, meaning Shepard would not be available for Mass Effect 3 in that scenario

Also Bioware is introducing , the Cerberus Network Card, so I guess it has it's perks if you buy it :)

See here:

The Cerberus Network card is included in all versions of Mass Effect 2, which was confirmed on the bioware message boards.The Cerberus Network" will offer an in-game delivery mechanism for Mass Effect 2 downloadable content, including a free day-one pack featuring new missions, in-game items and Zaeed, a mercenary.

BioWare plans to support Mass Effect 2 with additional downloadable content for the game following its release. This content will range between individually sold weapons and armor, small side-missions, full-sized quests, and large expansion packs. Similar to Dragon Age: Origins, some downloadable content will be made available immediately upon the release of Mass Effect 2, and some for free.

Mass Effect 2 will span two discs. Windows users will need to install both discs and can play the game with one, while Xbox 360 users will be required to make a single disc swap during a specific point in the storyline

Stupid Microsoft, guess they should have went with Bluray :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_2

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

http://www.ea.com/news/bioware-unveils-the-cerberus-network

I'll leave ya with this BAD ASS trailer, enjoy if yo haven't seen it....

3DtiTxg70gI

mr. nails
01-20-2010, 02:56 AM
sum ppl i know have told me i should have check out ME1, but never really got around to it. maybe i'll get sum time sum day, but idk. i don't mind dialog @ all, but if it's like dragon age origins then i'll hate it. i can't have a 20 hour game that's 15 hours of dialog. boring.

7th
01-20-2010, 03:34 AM
sum ppl i know have told me i should have check out ME1, but never really got around to it.

Let me tell you something... the first 2/3 hours or so of ME1 is really boring... If my brother wasn't too annoying in telling me to continue (that the game would get better and trá-lá-lá) I would have let it down too... :huh:

in the end, WOW! You end up wanting more and more! That game is EPIC! If you like games, you should give it a good try...

and no, it's not like Dragon Age... not that many dialogs (but the game still have a lot of it) :)

ps: I'm said because I won't play it on xbox or ps3 (no way!) and I think I'll have to upgrade my computer but my plans of doing so... well, I won't be able to do so for now :cry:

SonsOfLiberty
01-20-2010, 04:32 AM
Well, yes the story I hear is not as good in this one....I don't like the fact Shepard could die and not come back for ME3.

Also, somehow my saves got deleted, with my build, and I was mad, so I rented it and building up my Shepard again, because everything you did in the first one plays ties in.....as the side stuff in the 1st didn't really effect the story, but in the second one it does now, and you can upgrade ship etc.....and whatever path you lead could get you whole squad dead, now tell me how there going to make a ME3 after that :lol: Still after beating once when it first came out and playing it again, it's still EPIC, the only game that rivals it is Bioshock, oh which btw, Bioshock 2 launches like 2-3 weeks later :) Maybe even the next week AWESOME!!!!!

deadsix
01-20-2010, 05:36 PM
SOL I cant wait for this... I just beat the original doing every mission possible. I actually have to collectors edition on order for the PC and the regular for the 360. Do you know if its going to leak soon the wait is killing is me.

SonsOfLiberty
01-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Why would you want the leaked version? You denying yourself all the good stuff and possible ban as well....wait till launch day, the wait will be worth it and you will be able to use the Cerbus Network Card and get the 0-day content that will come with it, only online though.

Tv Controls you
01-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Why would you want the leaked version? You denying yourself all the good stuff and possible ban as well....wait till launch day, the wait will be worth it and you will be able to use the Cerbus Network Card and get the 0-day content that will come with it, only online though.

The leaked copy is 60 dollars less :shifty: Also its an offline game, so why would you go online with it on your xbox 360 :ermm:. Pc version has no draw backs.

Also I'm sure someone will find a way to insert cerbus network content onto a leaked version. Yes, I'm sure this will not be the same day type of deal, but w.e.

Question: will cerbus network be able for the pc version?

As I myself greatly support the work they put into the mass effect series, and was thinking about buying a genuine copy.

SonsOfLiberty
01-20-2010, 11:11 PM

The leaked copy is 60 dollars less :shifty: Also its an offline game, so why would you go online with it on your xbox 360 :ermm:. Pc version has no draw backs.

Also I'm sure someone will find a way to insert cerbus network content onto a leaked version. Yes, I'm sure this will not be the same day type of deal, but w.e.

Question: will cerbus network be able for the pc version?

As I myself greatly support the work they put into the mass effect series, and was thinking about buying a genuine copy.

It's what the Wiki link says.

You won't be able to use the Cerbus content unless it's un-signed, or you have a JTAG system, PC on the other hand is different, but you better have bought/upgraded your PC in the last 6 months to enjoy it, can you say Crysis :)

It's not a offline game, you have to connect to get all the extra content which will be a shitload, you have to buy it/with code to get one of your squad members, leaked version wont have that.

Besides, cooperative mode is probably one of the best ways to avoid piracy, as it needs online connection.

But I like this comment alot, fund above and this one over at BioWare...

No multi-play
No online
No MMOM (Massive multiplayer objectionable monstrosity)

This is a single player RPG and if you want the above go buy Halo.

They should not divert attention from the main game and produce a sub standard RPG (by necessity of above being included)

I want another ME not Halo with a half asst story cobbled on. No compromise please.

So if your banned it doesn't matter, jtag your system and get the 0-day content, or get the PC version, I on the other hand am not banned, and would like to keep my Live connection for all the content and for all the content coming for BioShock 2, so will not test it by playing early.

mr. nails
01-21-2010, 02:45 AM
so, i just started ME1 for the 1st time. i am so bored. all i do is talk to ppl. i'm not understanding how this is entertainment. tbh, u do more fighting in a final fantasy game than ME1. i haven't stopped playing it yet and i'm about 5 hours into it, but fuck... can it @ least pick up some or something.

Tv Controls you
01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
PC on the other hand is different, but you better have bought/upgraded your PC in the last 6 months to enjoy it, can you say Crysis :)

The xbox only has a 256 trashy graphics card in it you know.. (actually not trashy but sort of outdated)

Anyway I'm covered I got a nvidia 9800 gtx :)

7th
01-21-2010, 01:35 PM
so, i just started ME1 for the 1st time. i am so bored. all i do is talk to ppl. i'm not understanding how this is entertainment. tbh, u do more fighting in a final fantasy game than ME1. i haven't stopped playing it yet and i'm about 5 hours into it, but fuck... can it @ least pick up some or something.

give it some more time and things will start getting really interesting :P

I remember when I started the game that I couldn't understand a lot of things about the game... I had problems even to buy things, to know what is what...

Could you post here between spoil marks what you're doing in the game? I think that within 5 hours the game should be getting good (not really good) already :huh:

Rart
01-22-2010, 12:53 AM
ME2 has already been leaked to torrent sites, if anyone's interested.

Tv Controls you
01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
How is the game everyone I'm so mad, comcast is throttling my connection so bad..... 78% done....

Can't wait to play it, im watching the hd trailer over and over lol.

SonsOfLiberty
01-22-2010, 10:02 PM
ME2 has already been leaked to torrent sites, if anyone's interested.

:lol: it was in the NZB index minutes after pre :)

MagicNakor
01-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I've heard what has been leaked is the beta-test copy. I'm not sure what the difference (if any) will be between that and the official release, but there you are.

All I really hope is that the frickin' random black screen "crashes" have been fixed.

:shuriken:

Tv Controls you
01-23-2010, 12:18 AM
I've heard what has been leaked is the beta-test copy. I'm not sure what the difference (if any) will be between that and the official release, but there you are.

All I really hope is that the frickin' random black screen "crashes" have been fixed.

Playing it right now, about 1 hour in. Perfect :cool:

SonsOfLiberty
01-23-2010, 06:00 AM
Mass Effect 2 Launch Trailer

Y2O-0-fQOOs

Cabalo
01-23-2010, 06:03 AM
14GB download for the PC version.
Tomorrow I'll install it, the trailers look juicy.

SonsOfLiberty
01-23-2010, 08:02 PM
I will be loading Tuesday and getting all the DLC content that will be available launch day.

7th
01-25-2010, 06:12 AM
I didn't have much to do with my vacation... not anymore...

I've been playing this game for more than 20 hours now and it's even better than the first one.

I couldn't wait nothing less from Bioware anyway :whistling

ps: woe you who decides to play this game without having played the first one :lol:

pps: the game should be still fun for those who haven't played the first game, but they still won't be able to understand a lot of things I think :(

ppps: I should have kept my save game from ME1. Lots of things on this game that should be different now :frusty:

MagicNakor
01-25-2010, 07:04 AM
How is male Shepherd's voice acting this time? I've heard that Meer's quite improved.

Hurry up and wait. I want to play. :(

nitro1000
01-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Can i run this game on my config (is on my profile)?

7th
01-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Can i run this game on my config (is on my profile)?

ME2 plays a lot like ME1 so I guess you can play it quite well :)

wstewart3rd
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
My whole game fit on one disc so what do i do now that it says insert disc 2?

7th
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
My whole game fit on one disc so what do i do now that it says insert disc 2?

Your game should have 2 dvds, each one with more than 7gb :ermm:

Carnios
01-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Ah so happy. Finally all my responsibilities are gone and I'm able to play ME2 for the weekend!

tarrkovsky
02-03-2010, 12:44 AM
man, i gotta play this game.
it's getting some of the best reviews ive ever seen...
ign: 9.6/10 wow

SonsOfLiberty
02-06-2010, 06:24 AM
FREE DLC Codes, 10000% Tested Them and Using them "legally"

Big big letters here, you must create a new account for "each code used" there are 4 but you only need 3 since there are only 3 items, and work, just did it: follow instructions exactly, just "create a new account for each code"

EA/Bioware and Dr. Pepper recently teamed up for a Mass Effect 2 promotion that provides drinkers of the soda the chance to win three DLC items for use in the new game. Those living outside the United States are sadly ineligible for the promotion, and players who just don’t drink the stuff may simply be out of luck.

As it turns out, I have good news. The keys provided in the promotion are completely static and reusable.

The codes are as follows:

CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV

To apply these codes to your EA account and redeem the Mass Effect 2 DLC items, simply create an account on Dr Pepper’s Promotion website,
http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/signin/

fill in whatever fake details you please and simply use an @mailinator.com address for the e-mail field. The site will never ask you to confirm your e-mail address. Once you’ve logged in, simply enter the promotional code and pick “No Purchase” for each of the three fields.

When you’re done, just hit the button to redeem the DLC and log in with your real EA account details, select Mass Effect 2 from the list of games, and finalize your selection.

To redeem the remaining two items, simply repeat the process with a different code and e-mail address for your new DrPepper account, always logging back into your real EA account at the end to claim your item.

Promotional DLCs

Mass Effect 2: Umbra Visor

Umbra Visor

A next-generation night-vision device that assists targeting. By detecting the focal point of the wearer's eyes and enhancing the image at that location, the visor helps direct a biotic power or a shot from an omni-tool exactly where the wearer is looking.

Effect: Increases power damage by 5%

Mass Effect 2: Recon Hood

Recon Hood

A hood issued to covert action teams, this model's optic display interfaces with most small arms' auto-targeting software, linking hand and eye for improved accuracy and increased weapon damage. Ballistic-mesh fabric and composite ceramic plating provide necessary armor, and the integral air filter helps in hostile environments.

Effect: Increases weapon damage by 5%

Mass Effect 2: Sentry Interface

Sentry Interface

This visor works with the Sentry system, a software application that optimizes an armor suit's microframe computer. When the Sentry system is running, more power can be devoted to shield management.

Source: http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/Hellforge/Mass-Effect-2-Free-Dr-Pepper-Promo-DLC-Codes

7th
02-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Those living outside the United States are sadly ineligible for the promotion

I wasn't interested anyway... :unsure:

SonsOfLiberty
02-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Those living outside the United States are sadly ineligible for the promotion

I wasn't interested anyway... :unsure:

Well I've heard other people from other countries are now getting them, so you might try.

Rart
03-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Does anyone know if I can still obtain achievements in Mass Effect 1 with a pirated version of the game? Certain achievements unlock items in the game so I was curious as to whether it's possible or if it goes through some online authentication or something.

MagicNakor
03-11-2010, 04:55 AM
I don't know specifically as my copy is a legit store-bought type, but I've been able to run ME1 without being connected to the internet. The launcher complains a bit the first time but is fine afterward. The achievements aren't tied to anything online AFAIK. ME2 appears to be the same way (if you're willing to give up the Cerberus Network, which I don't much care about anyway...we'll see what the Hammerhead brings).

SonsOfLiberty
03-17-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm not a dirty pirate so I like the Cerberus Network :)

Huge huge, DLC coming soon!

Rart
03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Just finished the first one - hit the level cap as well, pretty intense game! Some of side planets were incredibly tedious though - I heard it gets improved on in the second game.

I'm debating whether I should go through another playthrough to get to level 60, can I get from 50-60 in one playthrough? Or is ME2 such an improvement that I should just start on it now?

MagicNakor
03-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Well, the side planets get "improved" in the way that you actually can't roam around on any of them (DLC-addins excepted). Instead you just scan a rotating sphere. I actually quite liked the Mako and its absence is noticeable in ME2. You don't really get anything extra from getting to level 60 if you've hit the first level cap...some extra money really, but if your ME1 character is Rich then it doesn't mean much additional.

I'd suggest playing through ME2 just for story continuity. It's fun to see the consequences of the decisions you made in the first game, and if you want to play through again you'll be able to go back to ME1 and consciously alter the events in ME2. The combat system is quite different though and takes some getting used to (this may only apply to the PC version as I don't play on console). ME2 leans quite a bit more heavily toward the "action" side of Action-RPG than ME1 does.

Lazy29
03-26-2010, 08:18 PM
The game is pretty awesome. Haven't finished it yet

Skysurfer
03-29-2010, 10:19 PM
played it, its nice but i prefer the first.

J0KeR346
04-04-2010, 05:09 PM
good game but need good pc

jedinrikn
04-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Mass effect2 is a good game.
I enjoy it.

7th
04-05-2010, 01:14 AM
good game but need good pc

actually you need a good pc to play crysis or metro :unsure:

Rart
04-09-2010, 12:47 AM
New DLC just broke the game (Kasumi).

Flashbang has 6 second stun (can't use weapons, tech, biotics), EVEN on protected enemies (barriers, shield, armor), and has a 9m radius. Can be used as your bonus talent as well.

And shadow strike does 450 damage with an 80% reduction in cooldown if it kills the target (w/ 20% tech cooldown and 20% from passive talent pretty much none).

AndreyReyna
04-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Probably the best RPG ever.