PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the usenet service by badongo.com ???

maphongbax
01-20-2010, 07:40 AM
I just found this website badongo, they are similar to rapidshare and megaupload, but they also offer access to usenet. And the price is $10/ month , lower than astraweb ? They don't say how much retention they got but even so, this seem too good to be true. Make me suspicious. Any review ?

iLOVENZB
01-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Doesn't say much about the Usenet service except you can 'Search thousands of newsgroups with over 100 Terabytes of content!' and
'Download up to 200 files at once, directly into your Badongo Account!'

http://www.badongo.com/compare/usenet

... :blink:

TrollinThunder
01-20-2010, 03:49 PM
I smell fail.

Badboy1
01-20-2010, 04:05 PM
try www.simplyusenet.co.uk

they are really good, have special offer at the moment and retention is 520days!

whiteboy
01-20-2010, 04:19 PM
If your willing to risk it just to save a buck go for it. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

iLOVENZB
01-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Would be easier (and safer) to go on the Astraweb unlimited plan for $11.

Morpheus
01-21-2010, 03:14 PM
I'll second the Astraweb recommendation. This is the link (http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html) for the $11 per month "special".

They don't say how much retention they got but even so, this seem too good to be true. Make me suspicious. Any review ?
Ten dollars a month for usenet access provided by a site that doesn't specialize in it, isn't "too good to be true".

Windy72
01-28-2010, 09:00 PM
I have used their usenet service about 3 years ago. It was good because you could transfer usenet to badongo and share the file as a direct download. Poor side was it costs you extra and completion was pretty awful. So no I would not advise on using it. But like I said it was a few years ago that I used them. Maybe they have improved...

Another thing it was a web gateway to usenet where you could browse groups and download to your badongo account. Not sure if this is still the case. I don't think they support NNTP.