PDA

View Full Version : 24 Season 8 crew?

itsxamot
01-21-2010, 05:03 AM
didn't see a thread. did everyone purge 24 out of their system?

i wanted to avoid season 8 since it feels as if the story lines every season are similar if not identical

but watching jack bauer kick ass in a new season is a bit irresistible

:D

IdolEyes787
01-21-2010, 02:05 PM
The problem ( of many) is that Jack Bauer rarely kicks ass.

Other problems

The propensity of the show to kill off any character not named Bauer or O'Brian leaves very little chance to form any bond (ie care ) about what happens to anyone.

The fact that the show lives and dies on coincidence and contrivance.Sure things don't always go as planned but maybe once , just once a key informant maybe doesn't die at the moment he/she is about to spill the beans.

Aforementioned lack of originality and recycling of plots.

In most seasons failure to have a significantly good enough main villain so as a season progresses the writers lamely jump from one to another.

Not sexy enough. Even CSI is sexy ffs.

There are a ton more that I could list but I see little point in putting more effort into this post than the writers of 24 collectively put into their scripts.

phauk
01-23-2010, 10:20 PM
it's a joke... it shouldn't be on... 24 was supposed to stand for 24hours.. then it was changed...

if 24hours lasted that long, and I turned into a heroin addict, and managed to snap out of it in 24hours I would be a god to 5% of the world!

c'mon, it's a dead series!!! just let it die :(

fox trying to make as much money as possible as per usual, it's like the simpsons, it's had it day! then they decide to cancel futurama.. it's a shame :(

djnoxious
04-19-2010, 05:50 PM
The first half of season 8 is shit, but it does get better. I promise: )

darkstate01
04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Its ok-No atomic bombs have been blown up-Or dirty bombs.