PDA

View Full Version : Need a proxy for BCG

sonicmonkey
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi All

My ISP has blocked BCG

As a result , I need to keep changing proxies.... I never have any luck in finding ones that are even remotely fast (i.e. takes 15+ seconds to load just the front page)

Anyone got any working ones? I'm in Australia, if that makes a difference

You can PM me if you like

Cheers

anon
01-21-2010, 09:28 PM
BCG may not like the fact you're using a proxy to access it. I'd go to their IRC channel and explain this to their staff first.

This seems to work fine:
http://www.ultrareach.com/

SAM
01-21-2010, 11:44 PM
If they block your ip why in hell you even care to get in.if they don't want you you shouldn't want them .
it isn't the end of the world and there other trackers around

sonicmonkey
01-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm not banned, and yes, I've already spoken to staff about my situation. There's a note in my account that says that I will be using proxies.

Rart
01-21-2010, 11:50 PM
If they block your ip why in hell you even care to get in.if they don't want you you shouldn't want them .
it isn't the end of the world and there other trackers around

If you'd actually took some time to read the post, you'd realize that his ISP blocked the site.

I'd have to agree with anon too. If you're jumping around on public proxies, it's only a matter of time before you're banned, you'll definitely want to explain it to the staff.

Edit: You posted right before me. If you really want decent speeds on a proxy you could try finding a private one, but otherwise you'll probably have to settle for the speeds you'll find on public ones.

SAM
01-21-2010, 11:50 PM
i understand you are not banned they ban your ip range not your account
ooh my bad i got it all wrong sorry then

Blackbeard
01-21-2010, 11:54 PM
I think your isp blocked you by using dns servers I guess? not sure how that works I would recommend changing your isp dns server to opendns and it may speed up your connection a bit as well.

If that doesn't work buy a seedbox/vpn or pay for usenet if you got the money.

Cabalo
01-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Like blackbeard said, try accessing BCG via their IP and see what happens.
If it's just a DNS resolving block, than use opendns or google's and access the site normally.

hwyang97
01-22-2010, 07:49 AM
get a decent vpn or use ultrareach. It works great.

sonicmonkey
01-22-2010, 08:14 AM
What's BCG's IP? I can't resolve/tracert it....

Rigel9
01-22-2010, 09:07 AM

anon
01-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I think your isp blocked you by using dns servers I guess?

How come I didn't think of that? Changing your DNS servers is worth a try. :yup:

If that doesn't work buy a seedbox/vpn or pay for usenet if you got the money.

Usenet probably won't have the same amount of content as BCG.