PDA

View Full Version : EuReKA Internal group MOVES TO HD TORRENTS.ORG

verybadmax
01-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Dear Members,

We are happy to announce that as of today EuReKA has joined our team of internal encoders. EuReKA has been known for their quality releases and fits our quality policy perfectly. We hope that with this step we will make the community more stronger and this site the best!

PS: We are opening the site for registrations for 4.5 days. The reason for it is to celebrate the recruitment of EuReKA as internal encoder.

Some answers:

Rabomil wrote:
Lately several things have happened within the staff of Awesome-HD which made me decide to leave Awesome-HD.

Today I told the staff of Awesome-HD that I would leave Awesome-HD for HD-Torrents. I also asked them to change their domain before the beginning of next month.

Not long after my announcement to leave AHD my account there got disabled. This made me decide to link the domain awesome-hd.com to HD-Torrents. I'm not proud of this move, but the staff of AHD went too far by disabling my account.

Regards,
HDT Team

What do you think?

sake
01-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Good for this Bulgarian tracker :)

Burnsy
01-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Not long after my announcement to leave AHD my account there got disabled. This made me decide to link the domain awesome-hd.com to HD-Torrents. I'm not proud of this move, but the staff of AHD went too far by disabling my account.

Were the staff at AHD meant to beg them to stay??

What difference does it make if the account is enabled is disabled? If you're leaving you're leaving, right?

Unless of course you were trying to call someone's bluff, failed miserably, then threw a tantrum and decided to lash out instead of keeping to your initial decision and just leaving to go on about your business...

"I'm not proud of this move" yet decided to do it anyway... says a lot really

thefinger
01-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Very good for hd-torrents. Welcome EuReKA to hd-torrents. :)

whiteboy
01-23-2010, 08:24 PM
This guy doesn't have many friends left. Seems like everywhere he goes things end poorly.

The True Story

As you all know there have been some changes with the site. To explain this we are going to first give you a history lesson.

EuReKA were once internal encoders on Bit-HDTV where they remained happily for quite some time until a certain member couldn't handle user comments about his uploads. So he decided to pack up the whole of the release group and jump ship first releasing to Usenet before maddane, one of our sysops approached EuReKA with the idea of setting up a new tracker.

Awesome-HD was born.

Short after the initial launch jrsdead, sysop, joined the team. The site went through a number of revisions before settling on the current gazelle based site that we have now. All was fine in the world, or so it seemed.

It was at this point with the site attracting more members and other internal release groups that the previous issues from Bit-HDTV reared their head again. Our ex admin was unable to handle creative criticism from users or competition, other release groups, so he started to hand out ridiculous warnings and instant bannings to anyone who didn't agree with him.

This is where it came to a head, he banned one of our staff before christmas without consulting anyone else or trying to rectify the situation with the other staff member. This led to a lot of bad blood amongst the staff that we kept behind closed doors as this sort of thing should have been handled. However it was decided that changes needed to be made.

It was with this that it was decided that he should step down from the admin post and concentrate instead on the role of internal encoders. The rest of the staff had decided that the previously banned staff member should be brought back as in our eyes he should never have been banned in the first place. Of course this was too much for our ex admin to handle so he decided today to leave AHD and as a last ditch attempt at sabotage he decided to take the domain name with him. It was his domain to take, however he had given us until the end of the month to get a new one. His DNS change of the domain to hd-torrents has left many users not knowing what has happened. Just to clarify: From his announcement on the staff forum, it took him less than 60 minutes, to take down the domain.

So with a stranded webserver, the entire AHD Staff was summoned, who have been working all night on getting the site up under the domain name Awesome-HD.net .

Due to the change of domain, you will need to re-download all the files. We are terribly sorry about this, but we did not see this coming.

We're working hard on getting all back up again, so please bear with us.